Bogus to Bubbly

June 2nd, 2008

So you may remember from these three posts that I’ve been working on a guide to the Uglies universe. Well, I’m happy to say that the project is now real enough to have a title and a cover:

That familiar face is, of course, the model from the Uglies cover. In fact, it’s a photo from the same shoot, which almost made it onto the book. But at the last minute, the powers that be decided to switch to the cover we all know and love.

Fascinating factoids like this are what Bogus to Bubbly is all about: tons of background info on how the series came to be conceived, researched, written, and produced. It’s sort of a giant FAQ, in which I try to answer the thousand-or-so most common questions that I’ve been asked by fans over the years.

Among its many sections are the following:
Research notes on the science behind the series;
A massive history of the world (including the Rusty Crash and recovery);
Maps of Tally’s city and the greater continent;
Illustrations of various gadgets from the books;
A complete glossary, plus an essay on slang generation;
Mini-histories of all the cliques and derivations of the character names;
The definitive essay on the inspiration for the books;
An illustrated hoverboard manual!

Bogus to Bubbly doesn’t come out till October 21, and at the moment it can be pre-ordered only on Amazon, but I’m sure the other online booksellers will be listing it soon. And, of course, come October your friendly local bricks-and-mortar bookstore will be stocking them in quantity.

As that date gets closer, watch this space for sneak previews of Bogus content.

Did I mention the hoverboard manual?

340 Responses to “Bogus to Bubbly”

Taryn-la
    June 2nd, 2008 04:32

ahhh! that is so awesome. I LOVE the cover! I can’t wait to get this!!!!!!

Audrey-Sensei
    June 2nd, 2008 05:00

OMG! 2nd post! Scott-sama, I have your blog on my RSS feed, so I can check it every day. I can’t say I agree with this book; I like leaving more to the imagination, but I’ll definitely buy and read it anyone.

Because I’ll totally make the Top 100 ;-)

Alex
    June 2nd, 2008 05:15

OMG!!! i can’t wait to read this. i am sooooo excited. the cover is awesomly cool too

Haddy-la~Slayer of Spontaneous Combustion
    June 2nd, 2008 05:15

that cover is so amazingly fawsome i just want to do my happy dance well preordering the book…. god im such a nerd

sashy-wa ^^
    June 2nd, 2008 05:15

OMGEE!
    yay.
    aww i can’t wait.

Alex
    June 2nd, 2008 05:16

Yeah i was the 3rd post. 3s a lucky number

sashy-wa ^^
    June 2nd, 2008 05:18

so’s umm.. 5
    ^^

once again..
    YAY!

this is the best news i’ve had since umm.. yesterday?
    when i got my ass down to borders and read the first chapter of breaking dawn in the back of eclipse ^^.

hahaa.
    yay!

bri-la
    June 2nd, 2008 05:19

Woohoo!!!! A more yummy book of the scott westerfeldish variety to add to my collection. Cant wait! :P

Laura-la
    June 2nd, 2008 05:26

Awwwahsh October?

– I need a bigger shelf.

Tally & Zane
    June 2nd, 2008 05:28

*stares blankly*……HOLY CRAP!!!! YES YES YUSSSSSSS!!!! *goes back to sleeping*

Bella & Edward Fan
    June 2nd, 2008 05:28

Wow! Totally excited for this book to come out. Not gonna lie though, I’m more excited August 2nd (the release of Breaking Dawn). But anyway, this will be pretty cool to find out about some of the things on the world Tally lived in.

Kenzie
    June 2nd, 2008 05:32

BOMB.COM im like almost hyperventlating i love the title

Tally & Zane
    June 2nd, 2008 05:35

COMMENT THIRTEEN?

Tally & Zane
    June 2nd, 2008 05:35

Heck to the yes, sorry I just had to do that…

Liv-wa
    June 2nd, 2008 05:45

Ah! SOO Excited. I can’t wait [:

Issy
    June 2nd, 2008 05:48

Oh, wow, sooooo excited!! Such a lovely cover too <3

Serafina Zane---YOU KNOW YOU WANT A FOURTH MIDNIGHTERS.
    June 2nd, 2008 06:09

interesting. not as interesting as a guide to the Midnighters world (ha), but interesting.

and i remember that cover! there was some post a long time ago about the two very different shots and how Uglies almost had this cover.

very interesting….

Tara-la
    June 2nd, 2008 06:17

that is totally fawsome!!! I cant wait. I have such a long list of books and now its going to be even longer! The cover is so fool too! And yes, serafina zane, a guide to midnighter’s would be great, well… not as great as the fourth midnighters book *hint, hint* *nudge,nudge*, but still great. I really don’t feel like finishing those two papers… I’m such a procrastinator. Oh and i have to memorize a french skit by tomoro, which im not going to be doing til’ lets say 10:00 pm

Kay-wa
    June 2nd, 2008 06:30

ooo fawesomeness!! :D

Kenzie
    June 2nd, 2008 06:53

Ah oh no i just lost The Game sorry had to announce it

Tara-la
    June 2nd, 2008 06:56

One paper done, one more to do, ugh!! My cousin and grannie is here so im like not able to spend anytime with them, i have bar and bat mitzvas, homework, school, gymnastics 4 days a week for 3 hours a day, violin and more!!!!!!!!!!!! Somebody HELP ME!

Andrea-La
    June 2nd, 2008 07:33

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, happy-making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, just had to get that out. Back to studying for exams………………………………

Carla-wa
    June 2nd, 2008 07:35

Ahh.I am so excited…have I ever mentioned how much I love you ? faha =]

Celeste-wa
    June 2nd, 2008 07:46

ohmygoshh! yes, finally! soooo happy-making!! Thank you, scott-la! ^^ I know you were thinking about putting a quotes section in there, but I guess you decided not to. But this is so totally happy-making, it doesnt even matter. =] Can’t wait!

June 2nd, 2008 07:49

AHH! That is S0 awesome Scott. And yeah, i saw that you wrote the hoverboard manuel on the list! SO COOL!

You put a smile on my face! Although i kinda already had one…

June 2nd, 2008 07:50

Oh, Searfina Zane…always thinking about the midnighters (hahaha)…

June 2nd, 2008 07:56

Oh! haha, i said SEARfina…its like the store…SEARS!!! Haha. I have the giggles…

cammie-wa
    June 2nd, 2008 07:59

omg i cant belive its so fawsome ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im so exited cant wait ill probaly be first in the store to buy it i repeat ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh defenetly happy making making me so bubbly yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Joey-la
    June 2nd, 2008 07:59

YAY!!! :)
    I think that sounds awesome! :) October? Damn, I won’t be in america so I will have to wait till it comes out in Australia! Wait, I can order it on the internet! Ah, the wonders of technology
    A hoverboard manual sounds very difficult to draw and write, have fun Scott-la!
    Will there be short background stories on the chacters like Zane as an Ugly and Dr Cable…………….?
    I love Uglies! The other night I had just started reading Midnighters and I woke up in the middle of the night, and it was really quiet AND the moon was close to my room, so it was really blue, it was so creepy!!!
    I CAN NOT wait for this to come out! :)
    Love Joey-la

oOBubblesOo
    June 2nd, 2008 08:24

YES!!!!!! I’M SO EXITED!!!! Now not only do I have Breaking Dawn to look forward there’s an Uglies themed book!!!! :D

Courtney-chan
    June 2nd, 2008 08:40

Wow, that’s fantastic! I can’t wait!

Kailyx
    June 2nd, 2008 08:45

Definitely bubbly. I can’t believe you’ve been working on this and Leviathan at the same time. Can’t wait!

emmi-la
    June 2nd, 2008 09:10

tht’s going 2 b a good book!!!!!! yay for the hoverboard manuel!!!!! now i have a ton of books 2 look forward to!!!!!!!!
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *happy sigh with dopey look on face*

See ya!!!! :mrgreen:

lotti-wa
    June 2nd, 2008 09:28

squeal!!!! i cant wait for it!!!!

Reagan
    June 2nd, 2008 09:33

I have been waiting for something like this to com out! I am sooooooooo excited when it comes out I am so oging to buy it I have to have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Superman/Tom Welling!!!!

capt. cockatiel
    June 2nd, 2008 10:15

Sweet! This is pretty exciting. I’ll have to try and put an advanced hold on it at the library. (Which has been sort of anti-advanced-holds, lately… grr. I mean, obviously I can put a hold on the second Spud book, but How To Ditch Your Fairy? Obviously not! Such discrimination…)

Melanie
    June 2nd, 2008 10:34

yay! I don’t mind the lack of postage lately if it means new Uglies stuff!!!! :D

Amy
    June 2nd, 2008 11:08

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOORAY! ME IS VERY VERY HAPPY!

Tatiana(i don't think la fits very well at the end of my name...)
    June 2nd, 2008 11:38

AHHH!!! HOVERBOARD MANUEL!!!

Rosie-Wa
    June 2nd, 2008 12:13

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I CANT WAIT OH MY GOOODNESSS

p.s i started a new phrase today “HOLY HOVERBOARDS!!” so ic ant wait for the MANUAL!!!

Audrey-Sensei
    June 2nd, 2008 12:33

AAAAAAAAAH! KENZIE!!!!! I HATE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

i lost The Game too

Audrey-Sensei
    June 2nd, 2008 12:35

Holy Hoverboards!

Because I’ll totally make the Top 100 ;-)

Liv-wa
    June 2nd, 2008 12:37

Can’t wait for the book..again. I gave my brother Uglies about 4 months ago, and he started and finished reading it last week in about 4 days. He’s driving two hours to get Pretties this weekend [: He is now all excited for the guide too.

hehe….I used fawsome in open conversation today…and got looked at really oddly. My reply was…It’s not my fault you don’t read.

katie-wa!
    June 2nd, 2008 13:08

O.k. i gotta know, WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN WITH TALLY AND DAVID?i mean they are like a perfect couple. SO CUTE!

Andrea-La
    June 2nd, 2008 13:41

I’m still totally excited about this! This excitment is going to get me through exams! Yay! Can’t wait! Just so, so, happy. Really, there is nothing else to say, but I really don’t want to go back to *studying*.

San-la
    June 2nd, 2008 13:48

Finally a comprehensive guide! *does a happy dance* And now yet another book to be read.

Lizzy-wa (CHASING MIDNIGHT WEREWOLVES!)
    June 2nd, 2008 15:39

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

so. much. fawesomeness!!!

sorry to the HQ that i havent posted the contest yet. ive been gone all weekend and now i need to go to bed. im not sure if i’ll be able to post it tomorrow. im babysitting all nite rite from when i get out of scool. i’ll see how late i get home. sorry!

still so much fawesomeness…

-Lizzy-wa OUT! :mrgreen:

Andrea-La
    June 2nd, 2008 23:21

Hoverboard Manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen-La
    June 3rd, 2008 05:02

I’m sleeping over at Coles Book Store on October 21!!!

emmi-la
    June 3rd, 2008 05:26

I NEED THT HOVERBOARD MANUEL NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya!!!! :mrgreen:

♥Sophie-La♥
    June 3rd, 2008 05:27

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 3rd, 2008 10:17

My hands what to write a story but i cant think of anything to write about!!! AHH! suggestions?

Allie-wa
    June 3rd, 2008 10:50

Cool!! Sounds pretty awesome. :)

hillary!
    June 3rd, 2008 13:20

I hear that Scott keeps the hearts of kitties sewn in his nappies.

Andrea-La
    June 3rd, 2008 13:29

Need. Hoverboar. Manual. This is my only will to live through exams(other than the Breaking Dawn release)

Rainy
    June 3rd, 2008 13:40

Oh my gosh, Scottie! You are amazing!
    Wow, that was me being much too familiar with you… Hehe, but I’m so excited!
    When I first saw that cover, I thought the pine needles were hair and I thought ‘Wow, that *is* bogus hair.’
    But they’re not. So it’s all good.
    =]

Kenzie
    June 3rd, 2008 15:13

Ok something really odd just happened………..
    my dad got a crow as in a baby crow
    its cute, in a creepy kinda way

lotti-wa
    June 3rd, 2008 20:17

aww, cute. i like birds. where’d he find it?

brit
    June 4th, 2008 01:52

i just finished specials and in the back of the book it says there is an alternate ending and i went to the website it gives and there was the last chapter with commentary…does that count as the alternate ending or is there really an alternate ending that i missed out on?

June 4th, 2008 02:28

I tried to look for that too but i never did find it, brit. I dont know what they are talking about cause i never did see it.

Today i have more service hours at my school. Yesterday i went for 5 hours and i folded about….hmm…..idk…..2 thousand shirts! we are having a uniform sale so i have to to work at it today but yesterday i had to fold the shirts for the sale today. and then tomorrow i have to go and pack the leftovers back up…while keeping inventory. OO, fun! then im done.

I am on the last Pretty Little Liars book. I have less than half way to go!

Haley Rae
    June 4th, 2008 04:30

uwah!! i’m very interested!

Amy~la
    June 4th, 2008 04:59

HOVERBOARD MANUAL!!!!!! GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tally & Zane
    June 4th, 2008 05:56

Oh, Kenzie…..um….I think it might depend on where you live but I’m not sure though, cuz in some places it’s illegal to bring a crow into your home because it’s considered a scavenger apparently and yada yada yada….all that stuff….It’s really ridiculous I think, cuz now they’re even considering blue jays scavengers which is a type of bird of prey so the law has good intentions I guess to protect the wildlife but I don’t think it was too well thought out, cuz what if it’s injured? seriously….*shakes head at lawmakers*

Kay-wa
    June 4th, 2008 06:22

ughh…. i hate drivers ed. it’s so brutally boring. seriously. my teach is like work alone!! no talking!! lets talk about my boring stories and how i can remeber them!! lol.. okay well maybe he doesn’t think they are boring but they are! and he especially shouldn’t be wasting our time when there isn’t a set amount of minutes we have to be in class… like you can’t miss more than four days… but like yesterday we got out at 1 o’clock when the class was suppose to be an hour longer. but today it was the full three hours of sitting in the same desk doing boring worksheets and him telling his lame stories. i have to go in an hour to go drive though. it’s gonna be scary. i’ve only drove once and that was in an empty parking lot. now i have to drive on the main streets. *shudders in terror* …poor towns people.

well i’m starving.. haven’t eaten all day. so i’se gonna go. but before i do.. i gotta say i looovvee Twilight.. sorrys to those of you who can’t stand it… remember.. just an opinion. anyways. i’m pretty much addicted to the books. i read Twilight way too fast though.. i’m gonna be sad when i finish all three and then have to wait till August 2nd… which btw it’s already on preorder. :D okay. laters.

Tara-la
    June 4th, 2008 07:18

Yay!!! Comment 65!!! Multiple. of. thirteen!!!!!! Sry to those who havnt read midnighters, you wouldnt understand. I can’t wait for leviathan and uglies guide! i have so many books to read, including the twilight series, and what was that series, pretty little liars, you were talking about bran-la?

UMR-wa :-D
    June 4th, 2008 08:55

ooooooooooooooooothat guide looks so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooooooooo!
    i hate waiting for books to come out, tho. i mean, gg3 isn’t comiong out for a year, inkdeath (third ink-book) isn’t coming out til october 7th, the third squad book (which heaven knows even if there will be one) i have no idea when, and now this book isn’t coming out til october 21!!!
    not to complain or anything, but
    WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO READ UNTIL THESE BOOKS COME OUT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    i am at a loss and will mope until someone gives me a good book to read…
    jk. but still. i just finished the third ranger’s apprentice book…ya i cried in sadness at the end of the second one and i cried in happiness at the end of the third one. but the stinking library doensn’t have any available copies until 6/5. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. i need something to read!!!! sigh.
    w/e. i’ll go bug my older sis for suggestions. and emerge w/ a black eye. but o well. such is the life of a middle child.

Netta-la
    June 4th, 2008 08:57

YAY! HOVERBOARD MANUAL!
    Dang it…now I already want a copy…

atthecross
    June 4th, 2008 09:24

AAAAHH!!! omz i am soooooo going to get that… or at least read it and then convince my parents that, considering it is one of my favoritest series EVER that thus it is worth buying. not that theyre likely to pay for it… but i can always hope… :) in any case, scott, i cannot even BEGIN to imagine how much extra work that is going to be for you… wow just from my own limited experience with attempting to do a basic mental sketch of tech, that is going to be sooo difficult (but sooo worth it when you see the happy smiles on all of our happy little faces… right?) cuz really, there are all those little details that you hoped the reader would invent him/herself… things that take too much work to plan out b/c the thing doesnt actually exist (yet)… specifics that are just soo hard to pinpoint… definitions of words (dictionary ones are bad enough, dont even get me started on slang)… ooh i am going to LOVE this!! thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!

atthecross
    June 4th, 2008 09:30

UMR-wa :-D :

-dragons in our midst/oracles of fire series
    -the door within series
    -maximum ride series
    -memories of summer
    -alex rider series (actually i really must reread that this summer…)
    -any and all manga (naruto, fruits basket, fullmetal alchemist, death note… those are the ones i’ve read but there are other fantabulous series out there!)
    -guardians of ga’hoole series (a long one, gotta be dedicated… just warning ya)
    -the last sin eater
    -the house of the scorpion (MUST read if u havent already!!)
    -septimus heap series

yeah thats about all i can think of at the moment! i feel ur pain tho, sooo many things i want to read are coming out this fall, etc! oh well i do have a lot of summer work to do for school… *sigh*

Kenzie
    June 4th, 2008 09:44

oh well its not at our house its at my dads work
    lucky my dad didnt get the bird he really wanted a raven
    that would have been reeeaally scary

Netta-la
    June 4th, 2008 09:48

UMR-wa, I have a friend who has one big sister and 2 little ones, but the 2 little sisters are 6 years apart and both get treated like the youngest, you know, spoiled rotten
    and Kayla, my friend, is a lot like me, so she could get a black eye just by walking

anyway, she’s at my house right now and she wanted to point out that middle children are normally the smartest (something we have theorized by examining her family and some of our other friends’ families (we couldn’t really find any pattern in mine, though))

Zane

Wowwers.
    Wo-ow.
    Bow wow?
    Yeah. It’s so mine.

Kay-wa
    June 4th, 2008 10:02

so guess what! i didn’t die or kill anyone driving!! :D it actually suprised me how easy it was! oh happy day!!

i fell off my chair today at work though. lol. and the i knocked 2 magnetic shelf/container things off the file cabinet. …i’ve been very very clumsy today.

well it’s subway time! :D meatball sub… mmmm… delicious!

Kay-wa
    June 4th, 2008 10:03

then** hehe.

UMR-wa :-D
    June 4th, 2008 12:46

thnx 4 the suggestions atthecross!!!!!!!! i need something to sink my teeth into!!!
    and netta-la: i totally agree!!!!! middle children are soooo the smarter, misunderstood children! is neone else a middle child?????

June 4th, 2008 13:05

AHHH! I justed finished the 4th Pretty Little Liars book. OMG i loves it!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Im such a nerd. lol. obsessng over all these books but if im a nerd…i love it! Haha!

June 4th, 2008 13:22

It seems like when i talk….no one really talk that much anymore. I mean…idk what time it is where yall are and i dont no what yall are doing but it sure is quiet!

Tara-la
    June 4th, 2008 07:23

Ooh!! I forgot, yesterday was my birthday, im finally 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    one of my friends from gymnastics whose younger than me claims that its unlicky, but i say its really lucky!!!! Yesterday the power went out at my school while we were all walking into the auditorium 4 the talent show. We all had to wait there for like 10 minutes and then they sent us back to class, but we couldnt get our books because of the dark so we didn’t do anything all day. Then at like lunch, or gym, cant remember which, the power came back on and we had the talent show, so we never went to 9th period. Who said 13 was unlucky??????????????????????????

UMR-wa :-D
    June 5th, 2008 00:49

me? i had to go to bed (but it wasn’t til 11 my time, but w/e). i can’t wait for something to arrive from the library!!!!!

Amy
    June 5th, 2008 03:39

I just made a blog! And I didn’t tell them my last name so my dad can’t stalk me through it. Ha! Go look at my blog (click on my name).
    And then look at my LA class’s literary magazine and tell me what you think.
    UMR-wa:
    Daughters of the Moon series by Lynne Ewing
    Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer
    Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale
    Those are some of my favorites, and since they’re series, they should keep you busy for at least two weeks, depending on how fast you read.

Tally & Zane
    June 5th, 2008 05:42

Ooh, it’s really cool! I really liked the poem lost.

krstn
    June 5th, 2008 05:46

YAY! I just started reading the Uglies Trilogy (kind of glad I started late so that I got all of the books at once!). In the Bogus to Bubbly book, will there be descriptions of Tally or David. I can picture them in my head, but the picture of what they really look like might be different for you. And I would really like to know what they are SUPPOST to look like…

Uglies is a great YA Sci-Fi

Im glad, as an adult, I picked up these books…

Kay-wa
    June 5th, 2008 06:42

yeah. i haven’t been around to talk much. i’m obsessed with Twilight series. in fact you could probably even say addicted.
    —SPOILER!—don’t ruin it for yourself!!—
    i cried when the Cullens left. :( i don’t know yet if they’ll be back… don’t tell me. or maybe i do want to know…. ughh… i’m so indecisive! but yeah. it was sad.
    —spoiler ends—

first softball game of the season tonight! …and were up against the hardest team.. eek!

Tally & Zane
    June 5th, 2008 07:34

Oh wow, your softball season’s just starting? Mine’s almost over! We only have the tournament left. And Kay-wa, let’s just say….there’s more books after New Moon….so I didn’t tell you but that’s your hint. Muaha!

Kay-wa
    June 5th, 2008 08:29

lol. thanks. makes me feel a little better. :)

and yep we start later for some reason. i’m kinda glad though because with my dance recital and grad partys it’s tough to fit it all in. and our summer season is really short. like a month and a half long or so. and then i get a few weeks off and i start up again with the school team.

June 5th, 2008 08:44

Who isnt addicted to Twilight? (if you arent, you need to see a doctor right away!)

Liset
    June 5th, 2008 08:45

^-^
    yay

UMR-wa :-D
    June 5th, 2008 08:47

thnx, amy-la!!! i ordered some of the books, but my liberry card is acting up, so i had to limit it…w/e. they look really good, tho!!!!!

Lydia
    June 5th, 2008 09:25

which one is this one never heard of it

Lydia
    June 5th, 2008 09:26

scott westerfeld wrote twightlight???? well anyways i like that uglies trilogy its awesome i just need to read extras its sad that im done reading it i should have read slower but its so tempting to read :( =]

Hannah-la
    June 5th, 2008 10:02

OMG… i cannot wait to get this book!!! I loved the Trilogy and the Extras books so much!! When we had our book fair i got my Best friend to buy the uglies book, now she is hooked, wait till she hears the news about a new book! i am so excited!

priya thats my real name
    June 5th, 2008 10:22

westerfeld did not write twilight stephenie meyer did, and bok series are rockin~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UMR-wa :-D
    June 5th, 2008 11:14

i say again: that guide looks really awesome. like, srsly. i will try to buy it, but seeing as i’m nearly bankrupt, i might have to wait…w/e.

1m4n
    June 5th, 2008 13:10

OMG!!! I am SO excited for this. Field Guides rock! I can’t wait for this one!!! :D

Kay-wa
    June 5th, 2008 14:12

yeah. it like takes over your life. seriously. it deprives me of my sleep. cuz i can’t stop reading. and finally i usually have to force myself to stop at 3 in the morning since i have to be up at 8:30 to get ready for drivers ed.

lost our game. :( it got called in the fifth inning to lightining. and since we played 5 innings we don’t get a make-up game. it was close though. if we would have had one more inning we coulda won. i slid home and landed on a bat. painful much.

so what position do you play TZ?

Carly
    June 5th, 2008 17:39

Scott, I’m dying to know- will there be another uglies book (not including bogus to bubbly)???

meghan-la
    June 6th, 2008 00:07

wow..i havent been on in like a week..lol somethin happened and i cant explain or say but i can somethin happened wit me and the police (dont ask)

Lydia
    June 6th, 2008 01:53

i gotta say his books are addicting i thought i was gonna finish the specials book in 1 week or 2 because i had lots of homework turns out i finished it in 3 days its reallly addicting

debi
    June 6th, 2008 02:57

ha ha yeah i know i finished extras in less than 6 hours!!! its totally awesome!!! do you think i should be debi-la or debi-wa??? someone help me i can’t decide!!!

Amy
    June 6th, 2008 03:09

Debi:
    You’d be Debi-la; the rule is that you put “wa” if you have an “L” in your name and “la” otherwise. So I’d be Amy-la… or I would be if there weren’t already an Amy-la on here.

Tally & Zane:
    Thanks for looking at our magazine. I will tell Rachel you liked her poem. In fact, I’ll call her right now…

Tally & Zane
    June 6th, 2008 03:51

Kay-wa I usually play second base but for some reason in the last game the coach put me at third so it was kinda weird cuz I’ve never played there before but it worked out cuz I tagged out some girl who was stealing and caught a pop fly (does little happy dance)
    Ooh! I stole home too to score the tying run and the stupid catcher freaking steps on me with her freaking cleats AFTER I tagged home, cuz I slid, and tries to argue with the ump. saying she tagged me, I’m out. I’m like dude what the heck?! And yeah but it counted(duh) but we lost by one in the last inning.

UMR-wa :-D
    June 6th, 2008 04:01

i read uglies in like two days. i couldn’t put it down…
    some stuff arrived at the liberry, but i can’t check online cuz the site is down…so i have to wait until my mom picks them up…can’t wait…

June 6th, 2008 05:07

Your sport talk is mind-boggling. I just do dance. Well, not during the summer but i did during the year. I think im gonna do gymnastics next year. idk. But during the summer im gonna make myself like jog and stuff. I have a phobia of fatness. I will lookup what it is called!

June 6th, 2008 05:15

Look what i found:

“Fact: By the age of 13, sixty percent of all North American girls have dieted.”

“Fact: Female children as young as five expressed fears of getting fat.”

Thats weird. I mean…five year olds? Weird…

Rosie-Wa
    June 6th, 2008 05:56

bran-la thats cool..i dance to and gymnastics but mostly dance…been dancin since i was about 3:) what kinds do u do?

June 6th, 2008 07:35

i have done a lot of diffrent stuff. Never stuck with the same thing. But this year i did beginer Jazz. It was fun but i want to try something new!

I have to read these stupid books for summer reading. i hate them.

alex
    June 6th, 2008 07:47

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can’t wait! Now for the movie………………………when is it coming out already??????

Kay-wa
    June 6th, 2008 08:35

icic. that’s fool TZ! …1st is mine. but last night i played a little 3rd too…. i like 1st more though.

i love jazz. this will be my 5th year. :D …i’ve never taken anything but it though. cuz i don’t like ballet or pointe.

i went driving again today. it was good. no crashing. :D this one girl who’s in my driving group ran up a curb though and almost hit a tree. it was freaky. and she was going in the center of the white lines taking up both lanes of traffic.

i’m going to work at this camp tonight. should be fun.

Kay-wa
    June 6th, 2008 09:14

lol. i got this foward with a link and you have to guess whos a computer programer or whos a serial killer. i only got 5/10. lol. heres the link if ya wanna try it. http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/killerquiz

June 6th, 2008 10:19

I got an 8/10. I’m pretty good! Haha.

Tara-la
    June 6th, 2008 14:02

EWWWW!!!! Today we cut the muscles layer in the frog and like this juicey liquid comes out of the frog!!!! EWWWWWWWWW! Only one more day. I have soooo many books i need to reaad, im not gonna remember them all, maybe i should make a list. Anyway, i do gymnastics. Iv been doing it for 9 years. Im a lvl 6 now. I really want to start hip hop, but with violin, school, gymnastics i have no time. Plus my mom said no:( Im so amazed, this school year i read over 60 books! I remember when my dad used to make me read. Now if you dont know where i am look in places where the light is good. My brother despises books! Once he didnt want to read so he put a mini wears Waldo book inside the book he was “Reading.” Ya, he was WAY grounded.

Tally & Zane
    June 6th, 2008 14:56

I REFUSE to discect anything EVER. Hey anybody know if you have to for honors biology?

Kay-wa
    June 6th, 2008 16:15

yeah. i use to have to be forced to read too. and when i was in elementary school i would get the little “N’s” for needs improvement on my report card cuz my eyes had trouble tracking so we went to the doctor they wrote it off as a mental disability. and then my mom took me to see this place where i had to go once a week and they would like make me do all these eye exercises and after a few months i didn’t have to go anymore. but still mental disability my butt! i’d like to go back to that doctor and wave my perfect all A+’s, 4.0 GPA in his face for just writting it off like that. and so i got better and now i read fast or what i consider fast anyways. 500 pages in 3 days and that is with my busy schedule. pretty good for coming from reading a page for 15 minutes.

Tally & Zane
    June 6th, 2008 16:48

*slaps doc across face* Lazy lunatics….

jackie-wa --- a.k.a.: The Rainbow Ninja!!!!!! :D
    June 7th, 2008 05:07

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! so happy-making!!!!! those are like my two favorite words from Uglies!!!!!!!! (bogus & bubbly) & the cover is like soooooooo fawesome!!!!!!! bubbly that you still get both covers. :D thank you scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :} not quite as bubbly news as would be if we found out about that fourth midnighters….. *hint, hint* lol jks, scott. – still luv u anywats…. oeps, (haha- nother fav word! i think its dutch. it means oops cept its way better & like a bajillion times more funny. & funny sounding) i put anyWATS. meant anyways. lolz kbyes. :)

Fallen
    June 9th, 2008 06:50

Holy crap I’m excited!!!

Haley~Hyperness is BUBBLY!
    June 9th, 2008 09:45

Awesomeness!!
    can’t wait for it…must mark that date on my calendar.

anna-wa
    June 9th, 2008 10:23

omg! has anyone read the extras??? i need to know if tally is in it!!! please respond quickly im dying to know

Amy
    June 9th, 2008 10:57

Anna-wa:
    Tally’s in Extras. Don’t worry. By the way, I’m only telling you this because I remember I was freaking out, too.
    Kay-wa:
    I got 9/10 on that quiz. That was the strangest quiz I’ve ever taken.

Ann-La
    June 12th, 2008 05:08

O.O YUSSSSS!
    I’m thrilled. ^_^ This is awesome. I can’t wait….
    And you know what sucks? All the books I can’t wait to read, I have to wait until OCT-friggen-TOBER to read them! Grr. Like this book. And Inkdeath (I think…). At least Breaking Dawn comes out earlier! ^^

ClareSnow
    June 12th, 2008 15:42

i don’t get why such a beautiful person was used as a pic for an ugly. i know they’re not actually ugly, just not totally perfect, but that model is perfect.

Jessica
    June 14th, 2008 02:43

122nd post!!! woo. i bet that nobody will read this XD. but, i cannot wait for this to come out!!! i am so excited! my friend was all “not another book (for this series)…” but i think that she will love it. YAY! new book!! cant wait!

tally-wa
    June 14th, 2008 03:56

AWESOME!!! I am going to buy it the day it comes out!

Abby-wa
    June 16th, 2008 00:56

Same here or preorder it and i agree with claresnow the model should have had some acne or moles or scars or something

Bella & Edward Fan
    June 16th, 2008 08:07

Cool. August 2nd for Breaking Dawn and October 21 for the complete guide to the uglies world. I love it!

Hannah-la
    June 17th, 2008 03:50

Scott Westerfeld, I love youu!
    This is perfect! I’m SO excited! I’m pre-ordering it ay-sap. :)

♥♥Hannah-la

Icy not Bubbly
    June 17th, 2008 06:39

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH!!!!!! I want it I want it!! October is just too far away! Ugh. Well, I finished Extras a few weeks ago. Heh, “it’s been a few years since rebel Tally Youngblood brought down the Uglies/Pretties/Specials regime…” She brought down the UPS system. Tally brought down the UPS guys haha! But still, I CAN’T WAIT!!!! Hey Scott-la, are you gonna give a background story about David’s scar and how Special Circumstances got started?

Evie
    June 17th, 2008 10:11

This book looks great! I already pre-ordered it on amazon. I really would like to see a map pf the city. It would help me visualize things a lot. For the person who posted above me- I think that a background story about David’s scar would be cool.

Bella & Edward together forever
    June 18th, 2008 03:51

attention all twilighters: go to http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4286880/1/Reborn and read the story. it’s really good. i don’t know who wrote it, but it is almost sounds like something stephenie wrote, so in other words it’s really great. so twilighters, be sure to check it out!! and anyone else for that matter too, there is never such a thing as too many twilighters! :) :) :) :) :)

juli-wa
    June 18th, 2008 23:01

i just love those books!
    I can’t wait for the 4th one

Andrea-La
    June 18th, 2008 23:29

I am totally going to preorder Breaking Dawn. Just my dad isn’t really into driving to bookstores in the middle of the night, and neither is my mom. I think that I’ll have to pay them.

Hannah-la
    June 21st, 2008 06:40

I made a fan trailer for the Pretties book! :) You guys should watch it! Actually, I made one for uglies too. hey Scott-la…. :) I love you. lol

Pretties- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J9O0LmXemU8
    Uglies- http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pTb9WHhjJYM

Personally Pretties is my favorite one, but yeah. :)

juli-wa
    June 22nd, 2008 09:24

really? i like speacials. Except for the last chapter, that’s really strange

June 22nd, 2008 09:57

My fav is Uglies

Rachel-wa
    June 25th, 2008 03:18

OK I absolutely LOVE Scott’s work and I would really love to register a person on this website but I can’t figure out how!!! Someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I can’t wait for this book to come out!

Mira-la
    June 27th, 2008 04:50

It’s MINE. THE BOOK IS ALL MINE. XD

Can’t wait for its release!

Natasha
    June 28th, 2008 06:01

I’m so excited! I love the Uglies books so much, and I always thought it would be awesome to have a guide for the book! I can’t wait! October is so far away, but it will be worth the wait! I can’t wait!

Maree
    June 28th, 2008 07:26

wow, thats fawesome!!!! (haha, i just read the last days):)
    i cant wait!!!

Sneha
    July 1st, 2008 04:26

Ahhh amazing, i hope it explains stuff about how long they live, family life before and after the what was it called, I dont remember after Tally liberated everyone I guess

July 1st, 2008 06:48

did i seriously not say anything on this blog yet…?

July 1st, 2008 06:53

omg. i cant believe that this post was here before I left and I never commented on it. Im so disappointed in myself!!!!!
    I never knew that I’d disagree with something my Christian camp says. i guess it’s because I’m Catholic, not the undefined christian…

Joy
    July 3rd, 2008 21:02

Um… stop desperately clinging to your 15-minutes-of-fame already. The success you’ve recieved from UGLIES, PRETTIES and SPECIALS was enough — you were a #01 New York Times Bestseller! …Then came EXTRAS which was a huge fail. A really, really bad addition to what was an amazing trilogy.

Pulling a JK Rowling, now? Come on Scott — have class.

Alyssa
    July 6th, 2008 04:29

Yay.

July 6th, 2008 04:48

eh I disagree with the Extras huge fail… it was quite good. Probably the worst out of the trilogy, but to be honest I like the end of Extras, when Tally comes into the picture, more than Uglies…

July 6th, 2008 04:49

I’m excited for the Guide coming out, by the way. I’ve been saving my gift card to the local bookseller for about half a year now, and I’m sure it’ll be fawesome :) Swimtastical, actually. Maybe even metaphoricaldrpeppertastical!

Amanda-la
    July 6th, 2008 08:14

I still don’t get why zane had to die! i mean i guess david’s a good guy, but zane’s better!

July 6th, 2008 09:02

*AMANDA-LA’S COMMENT is a SPOILER*, by the way. Luckily I’ve read the ugles series already…
    *UGLIES SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!*
    I agree with amanda-la, zane’s better than david. I know, David was a really good guy, and both of them helped Tally and all, but I like Zane better. i think that if Zane hadn’t chickened out of going to the Smoke, he would have ended up with Tally. But I think that him dying was a good way to add drama and such to the series. Although i think Scott-la can now be considered a fictional character murderer…. lol jk scott-la.

eva-la?(does that work?)
    July 8th, 2008 11:29

i have no idea what to put cause i have so many comments for EVERYONE
    so i’ll just put boreing i-can’t-wait-for-it-to-come-out-comment:
    I REALLY CANT WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT!!!!!
    lets see this winters gonna be good with breaking dawn and bogus to bubbly and twilight(movie)
    CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikki- la
    July 10th, 2008 01:17

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!! This is gonna be the bubbly book in the history of Bubbly books, I hope there is a backround on the founding of Special Circumstances and on the founding of the slygirls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 21st is 2 long to wait Scott-la! WRITE FASTER and have fun drawing hoverboards! Also, I want a picture of a hovercar, what do they look like?

nikki- la
    July 10th, 2008 01:26

some of u guys are crazy EXTRAS WAS 9 KINDS OF FAWESOME ICY BUBBLINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was my favorite, I love Tally-wa in Extras! and Shay-la and David-la and…………….well u get the idea

Emily-wa (the real one, that andrea-la knows...)
    July 10th, 2008 02:07

I agree with nikki- la, Tally-wa and the other “cutters” were hilarious and fawesome in Extras. The ending is my favorite part of the book, when Tally comes into the picture…

nikki- la
    July 10th, 2008 05:07

the ending was the best, it was so funny! I loved Frizz’s radical honesty

Ricki
    July 12th, 2008 03:11

Finally! My pondering of what on earth a hoverboard looks like will come to an end! And sketches of the city and continent should be QUITE helpful. Can’t wait!!!

July 12th, 2008 04:19

hmmm…
    scott-la better not forget to detatch california from the North America continent if anything takes place there…

nikki- la
    July 12th, 2008 05:12

Want to see maps and what is the name of Tally’s City?

Kristina-la
    July 12th, 2008 06:12

I want to know where in the word Diego is its really bugging me

Jay-wa && Faith-la
    July 14th, 2008 11:00

This is going to be AMAZING!!

im superrr cited!..its gonna be soo kick.

Lizzy-wa
    July 14th, 2008 11:45

Diego is San Diego in California USA. hehe. its obvious now isnt it? hehe. i didn’t get it til Scott-la said it in a post way back.

-Lizzy-wa OUT! :)

Tally-Wa and Shay-la
    July 15th, 2008 02:24

OMG I cannot wait for this to come out!!!!! THIS IS SOOO COOL! OCtober??? Freakin October?! How about tomorrow?! LOL

I CANT WAIT!!!!!

July 15th, 2008 02:50

wow Lizzy-wa that’s fawesome. that means they live on the island of california!!!

Ali-wa
    July 15th, 2008 05:09

lizzy-wa that seems to obvious

Shannon-wa
    July 16th, 2008 00:25

OMG i cant wait for it to come out!!!!!!

dana-la
    July 16th, 2008 05:06

would’nt it be awesome!!!!!! if they made the Uglies series into a movie

dana-la
    July 16th, 2008 05:07

that was a little off the subject but i just had to say it

nikki- la
    July 17th, 2008 07:27

the movie would be bad no actress is fit to play Tally (obsessive much, I think so) NO MOVIE!!!!!!!! u cant mess with absolute perfection!!!!!!! (more obsessivness) NO MOVIE!!!!!!!! or I will commit murder ( MAJOR JK)

Sella-wa
    July 18th, 2008 18:05

OMG I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS BOOK!!

They ARE making the uglies into a movie. IT’S OFFICIAL.

But you know what sucks? The same people who made ERAGON are making UGLIES!! Omg no!! The movie is going to suck!! They killed the eragon book with that horrible movie. :(

D-wa
    July 22nd, 2008 08:29

you r so write that will kill the book if they made a movie by them heck even if they just made a movie because realy all that techknowlogy would be hard to make and the special affects would probly suck realy bad but i still cant wait to get the new book !!!!! i hope they have the story about how david got his scar but i doubt it

nikki- la
    July 22nd, 2008 09:54

the movie is gonna suck on ice

nikki- la
    July 22nd, 2008 09:56

I wonder who is gonna play Tally, and how are they gonna make peaple look like specials or extras and how do they make it look like they are ridin g hoverboards- IT IS GONNA BE SO FAKE!!!!!!!

Drako
    July 22nd, 2008 12:15

omg i cant belive it it the book that i need 2 understands some parts of the storie cuz i get lost in a few of them its a realy cool idea that u make it and

i like the cover a lot its look so … cool
    thanks a lot

Priya-la
    July 23rd, 2008 02:09

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! AHHH i am sooooo excited!!!!!!!!

+-+miko kagome+-+
    July 25th, 2008 23:49

I can’t believe that I am reading this post only today! I am so getting this! But I just realised that I am having a major exam which will only end on 11 November when Bogus to Bubbly is released! NO!!! o.O

Juels-la(Julia dosen't sond good with la)
    July 28th, 2008 01:01

HOLY HVERBOARDS(see #40)
    I just pre- ordered it!!!!!:) :):)

ginnytallybellamax- wa
    July 29th, 2008 02:09

Hi WOW scott! Oct. 21 is the perfect day to release this book because…. IT’S MY B- DAY! Thanks.
    -CHLOE-

Cami-wa
    July 29th, 2008 13:37

OMG, i absoloutly LOVE your books. they rock. I am doing an essay on Pretties. i think i could win this contest considering that i have read the first 3 books (uglies, pretties, and specials) over 3 times each. I love the way you write your books. they inspire me. since i read the uglies triligy it has inspired me to start writhig my own books.(short ones of corse)

myYUMMYedward!
    August 2nd, 2008 03:51

sweet!
    anyother books?
    like new series coming out?
    i have nothing 2 do right now, or read till breaking dawn arrives in the mail =|
    my favorite series: uglies and twilight
    and they have both ended, but there will be another book for twilight its in edwards point of view of the 1st book, when he met bella.

*hits send then walks over 2 book collect picking which 1 she would like 2 read over again*

rose
    August 4th, 2008 05:04

yay. i want another book in the uglies SAGA!!!

Holly-Sensei
    August 4th, 2008 05:08

This really annoys me.NOT YOUR WORK!!
    I love it.You are one of my Favourite Authors.
    But ….I live across the pond, and stuff like this is..great, but I won’t get it for AGES.
    I have been searching for a copy of ‘So yesterday’ fo a while now, and the only way to get that -and this book,probably-is turning out to be off Amazon.
    Annoying, slow,bad for my local bookstore…etc.
    I am soo glad you decided to write this though!

Lucy-wa
    August 6th, 2008 05:50

I can’t wait for your guide! I still want another book in the uglies saga though!

Jane-la
    August 13th, 2008 05:05

ooohhhh coooooooooooooooool
    will it also be published in german??
    -> even better :)

but the idea of this book is great…
    hmm.. october… that’s too long for me :)

Dani-la
    August 16th, 2008 05:29

Omigoodness, that’s awesome! I’ve read the books so much, It’s almost illegal! lol. I’ve finally bought all the othesr, it just took me like, 6 months to go shoppping. Ya, that long.

This is cool

I <3 UGLIES!

Sella-wa
    August 16th, 2008 06:37

me 2!

kari-la
    August 18th, 2008 17:27

OMG!! i don’t know how i’ll wait for this book!!! eeekk!!!

Haley-wa
    August 18th, 2008 18:16

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! Can’t wait for the manuel!! Thanks Scott-la!!! I Know me and my friend Kariann-la will be looking forward to it!!!!!! I read the whole series (and own them all) and I thought that I was done but I’m not!!!! lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!
    haha,

~Haley-wa~

Riley-wa
    August 18th, 2008 18:24

Haley-wa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whats up bestest friend-wa!!!!!!!
    anyway……..
    Can’t wait for the manual Scott!
    It’s gonna be fawesome!
    Rock on Scott-la!!!!!

CAN’T WAIT………………………………

MANUAL………..

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

bye bye

Rachel
    August 29th, 2008 08:45

Awesome! i’ve held it from the library already

Rachel
    August 29th, 2008 08:47

Awesome! i’ve held it from the library already. it’ll be so cool to find out more about that world

Maya-la
    August 29th, 2008 19:01

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ii cant wait this is so dizzy-making im gonna be tha first to get it……….so bogus to have to wait so long two crazy-making months

celine
    August 30th, 2008 13:06

i’m so excited for this to come out!!!i honestley think you should right a nother book in the uglie series, so i have something to read when i’m in the mood to read somthin really cool!!

Zumi
    September 1st, 2008 16:24

Well, I know what I’m going to make my parents get me for my birthday.

Seth-wa
    September 19th, 2008 11:00

I WANT TO READ! Hey Sella! I know you!

Erin
    September 21st, 2008 07:59

I already got it its amazing!!!!
    It was in my brothers scholastic for like 3 dollars :P

Seth-wa
    September 27th, 2008 07:10

HAHA! Me too! I haven’t finished yet but I am on like page 88 or sumtin. Its good.

Autumn-la
    September 29th, 2008 06:41

omygosh, scott-sensei, this book is going to be icy!!!!!!! i cant WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! the uglies series rocks my socks!!!!!!!!!!! maybe if i can read it fast and comment fast ill make the top 100!

Heather-la
    September 29th, 2008 10:04

OMFG yay im about to go outside and scream my head off =D

casie-la
    October 3rd, 2008 06:01

im soo excited im finishing specials now and i saw bogus to bubbly in scholastic book orders im soooo excited

Dylan- la
    October 5th, 2008 23:55

OMG i cant wait to read this book but i liked the fantasy and sifi of it all this is like a guide but im still gonna read it the day it comes out!!!

October 12th, 2008 13:38

I can’t wait for it!
    And the cover is sweet.

Meghin
    October 13th, 2008 23:01

ekkkk……i cant wait im thrilled…… i still wanna know whata next for aya and talley though…..

mika
    October 16th, 2008 23:53

Will it come out in the Philippines??? If yes,WHEN!?

October 17th, 2008 10:19

I CAN”T BELIVE IT!!!!!! I GOT BOGUS TO BUBBLY AT MY SCHOOL BOOKFAIR! I READ IT ALL AND IT IS***!!!!!!AWSOME!!!!!!***
    IT IS THE BEST AND IT EVEN HAS THE -LA -WA THINGY!

October 17th, 2008 10:19

lucky.

October 17th, 2008 10:21

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sooooooooooo goooooooodddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 17th, 2008 10:21

i know!

October 17th, 2008 10:22

my favorite book is specials, how about u??

October 17th, 2008 10:22

Uglies.

October 17th, 2008 10:22

i have all the books

October 17th, 2008 10:23

oh…thats my second

October 17th, 2008 10:23

do u like ZANE or DAVID better??

Aryll-wa
    October 17th, 2008 10:24

david…..zane….i can’t choose, i like them both

~Aryll-wa

October 17th, 2008 10:25

David. Duh.

October 17th, 2008 10:25

i think i like david because, well he sees people for who they are not what they look like or if they are popular or not.

Aryll-wa
    October 17th, 2008 10:25

oh yeah, specials is my favorite book in the series

~Aryll-wa

October 17th, 2008 10:26

and zane iss…umm…ok…

October 17th, 2008 10:26

how come u like david

October 17th, 2008 10:27

and how come u like specials aryll-wa

October 17th, 2008 10:28

David is more real. End of story.

October 17th, 2008 10:28

anyone??…? )-:

October 17th, 2008 10:29

ok, stay icy!

Aryll-wa
    October 17th, 2008 10:29

I don’t know exactly, i guess it’s because it’s the most exciting. Lot’s of twists in the plot.

~Aryll-wa

October 17th, 2008 10:30

and ya he is more real

October 17th, 2008 10:33

uh huh.

October 17th, 2008 11:01

if i waz tally i would of probably done the same exsact things as her

October 17th, 2008 11:03

if i were tally i would of made way more mistakes.

October 17th, 2008 11:07

Hey guys.

well DUH david is more real. He was an ugly… Unchanged by society. But Zane rules all =D

October 17th, 2008 11:09

ugh. Real is more important than anything.

October 17th, 2008 11:13

Oh please… Zane was totally awesomely PERFECT. And not just cause he was Pretty… he was so much more like Tally, and could relate to her better. They both helped Special Circumstances, both were friends with Shay… And more. He’s the most fawesome fictional guy out there. Closely followed by Edward… David ranks just about my fictional boyfriend Larry the Cuccumber. And that’s barely. In fact, he’s probably behind Larry. Out of Zane, Edward, Jonathan, Larry the Cuccumber, and David. In that order, too.

October 17th, 2008 11:15

but larry is pretty hard to beat.

October 17th, 2008 11:21

Hmm… That’s a good point…

TYC Leader
    October 17th, 2008 11:21

ugh…hmmmm…i dunno who i like better. David’s real and really likes Tally and saw all the good things inside her and wat she could and would become. Zane was kinda independent and did things without her, but he was with her when they found the cure and became cured with her and he actually told her that he loved her, david didn’t do that, but then again he didn’t have to… it was kinda just unspoken. *sigh* also David was with her thru EVERYTHING!!! (ok i guess we can cut Zane slack coz of his brain damage but…) David knew more about Tally…Zane and her only knew each other for a month and at the time they got together they both had the lesions sooo… that makes a big difference. David also keeps Tally icy the whole time…he helps her rewire herself…better than cutting did.
    hmmm… guess i’m a David fan. (even though Zane is extremely HOT!!!! but i think David is too…in his own way)

October 17th, 2008 11:25

hmmm….David is better than Zane just cuz he’s David. I mean, that’s like trying to say that whats-his-name beats Bergman. Just cuz they’re new doesn’t mean that they’re better. And larry is the oldest, therefore he wins!!! lol. Just kidding. David wins cuz he saw the real Tally instead of how Zane just trusted her that she would be herself ’round him. But that’s just how I’m thinkin of it.

October 17th, 2008 11:39

TYC Leader, remember, Zane was the reason Tally stayed “bubbly.” She didn’t GET the cure, only Zane did.

I dunno, David doesn’t seem to have it. Whatever “it” is. I don’t even know, but apparently Zane has it, while David doesn’t.

I gotta go, shower then snack then bed 0_o stupid school… Making me get up at 6:20 in the friggin’ morning… Night.

October 17th, 2008 11:44

6:20? that’s crazy. i wake up at 7:00. and i have to be out the door by 7:20. Which leaves 20 minutes to get ready for school. Which is almost too much time. I could get ready for school in five minutes if I had to.

amira-wa
    October 18th, 2008 06:00

omg i luv this site im about 2 get htdyf its suposd 2 b awesome

amira-wa
    October 18th, 2008 06:03

Andrea-la u r the 1 thats crazy. i get up at 7:45 and my school starts at 8:40 so haaaaaaaaaaaaa

amira-wa
    October 18th, 2008 06:25

David is so not better than Zane. I think David is way meaner to Tally than Zane, but anyway, Tally loves Zane, and she can’t be with David just because she was with him first. She can’t really remember him, which isn’t her fault. She can’t just forget Zane, like she said so in Pretties.

liana-la
    October 18th, 2008 06:27

ive never read the books. what r they about?

TYC Leader
    October 18th, 2008 07:10

Emily-wa: Tally’s lesions never truly set in. she was saying unpretty things before her and Zane got together. and David was with her for everything. huh, but Zane was the only reason Tally ended up going to the Smoke coz he told SC about it but then again Tally pretty much did the whole mindrain by herself (GO TALLY!!!) and even if Tally told Zane that she loved and not David it doesn’t matter. David and Tally’s love didn’t have to be written in words…it was just understood, but was Zane and Tally’s love understood without words…NO!!! he kinda just used her to get cured and something like that would bring people together. David and Tally got together on their own without something bringing them together except for the fact that they were both runaways who wanted the cities to change…but everyone in the Smoke wanted that. soooo…that’s all i have to say.

GREEN DAY!!! <3
    Uptight, I’m a nag with a gun.
    Ya, All night sucide’s last call.
    I’ve been uptight.
    All night, i’m a son of gun.

October 18th, 2008 07:15

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw

katie-wa
    October 20th, 2008 16:13

hey :)
    is there really gunna be a movie for uglies????
    i really hope theres gunna be another book…pleaseee scotttt,
    cant wait till bubbly to bugus comes out…

Serena-la
    October 21st, 2008 00:13

OMG!
    i could die! i’m sooo happy can’t wait to read this book!:)

Sara-la
    October 22nd, 2008 09:33

AHHHHH!!!! i didnt know this was coming out!!!! I am so gunna havta get it today or tomarrow

COME ON I LOVE THE UGLIES BOOKS JUST ONE MORE BOOK P-P-PLEEZ!!!!!

you are kiling us here with no more UGLIES books……. :-( *tear*

October 23rd, 2008 00:47

I’ll just say that in respect to for Tally, Team David…

Kaitlyn
    October 23rd, 2008 06:55

The book is amazing, i picked it up the day it came out.

on behalf of Uglies fans every where… THANK YOU, for continuing this series.

SONJA-LA
    October 26th, 2008 06:54

UGLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UGLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UGLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UGLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UGLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UGLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UGLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE IT A MOVIE OR MAKE ANOTHER BOOK!

Romnick
    October 28th, 2008 13:16

OMG it seems soooooo cool, I bet it will help me understand more about the series, I hope I can buy it sometime, since it’s open in the bookfair @ my school, I even flipped through some of the pages!!!
    Thanx for writing…
    Your fan Nick

Cynthia
    November 1st, 2008 08:11

YEAAAAAAAA!!!!!

well.. i’m ALWAYS late on these things! oh well…. time to go bug my mom to take me to Chapters :)

i still cant believe i found Uglies at my school book fair!
    i tried to get EVERYONE to read it … some did most just looked at me like huuuhh?

i LOVE the cover of this book too! i did think it looked like the one off of Uglies … then when i read it was going to be it cover i was like OHHH.
    i like both covers but i am glad the current picture is the cover.. it was the reason i picked up the book, and the title! i LOVE all the titles … they make you want to pick up the books just to read what its about and the reason for it.

anyways … i’ve written a small blog here

xoxo Cynthia :)

November 1st, 2008 08:21

Okay, so i’m trying to convince my brother of the history of halloween and that it isn’t the whole demonic one that they tell you ’bout in school. that it’s really a Celtic holiday that originated in Europe and all that…..gosh, my brother is tricky to convince….just cuz his teacher told him a bunch of stuff….so now i’m a “dude, halloween started 2000 years ago….now it’s an excuse to dress up like your favorite book character…..get it?” yeah….

November 1st, 2008 08:27

also, that isn’t to say that i don’t dress up like my favorite book characters otherwise…i completely intend to dress up like Dess on pi day…..

nana~sensei
    November 1st, 2008 08:54

lol!!i love halloween cause u get 2 dress up as any1 and ua get all the candy!!!yum;)

Shennah
    November 16th, 2008 11:01

when do you add the -wa or -la at the end of a name. ha, i like never understood that.

BUT ANYWHOOO:
    the uglies series are so motherfrickin addicting just love em with a burning passionn :D

Shay-la
    November 25th, 2008 10:07

i LOVE all those books more then anythingg. Im almost done with Extras!!!! Is there gonna be another bookk????????????

SONJA-LA
    November 25th, 2008 10:53

ditto!

Anthony
    November 27th, 2008 23:29

Hey, Westerfeld. Love your book “Uglies” my friends convinced me into reading it (course im not done yet, but its already awesome) should i read this book after i read the book series or is it ok to read it between chapters?

Erika
    December 1st, 2008 06:59

I just got done with extras and i can’t wait for bogus to bubbly to come out (its not out where i live). my friend suggested it but i never got to read it last year so, i picked it up like a month ago (i didn’t have any other books to read) I COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

chiyo-cha
    December 2nd, 2008 09:10

yah i got it and i was like omg nano foodies are real and i then wore out my science teacher with nano tech questions hooray fo me!
    p.s my aunt has a really cool table cloth that uses nanos if you spill any liquid on it then i will bead up so cool yeah safety Mercury

debbie-la
    December 22nd, 2008 07:03

david and zane r both good. i was just so sad when zane died. but the guide it was pretty good i guess. not wat i really wanted. but ok. there is gonna be a movie (im pretty sure) and i think its coming out in 2011. still a long time but at least there’s probly gonna be 1. I DEMAND ANOTHER BOOK AND A MOVIE SCOTT-LA!!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ IM DYING RIGHT HERE.

Gordon-la
    December 26th, 2008 19:12

I just read it, and was VERY pleased with it!

Im really glad the had a map in there :)

Lola-wa
    December 29th, 2008 06:27

Totally awesome-making! I love it! write another bookdude

Teal-la
    January 5th, 2009 15:17

dude i’m totally confused…can i like buy this in stores now…sorry i’m waaay behind

Kate-la
    January 5th, 2009 15:57

Yes, you can buy it in stores

Teal-la
    January 7th, 2009 12:51

thanks babe!!

Jessy-la
    January 12th, 2009 03:35

omg i just got this book and once i finish reading the books specals and extras ill read it. BTW…. is extras the start of a new seires? i have to no because i read fast and i mean very very fast. i started the seires uglies wednesday morrning and im in like the middle of specals(and yes i have a life!!!)so i need to have something to read all the ttime sooo…type fasta plz

Jessy-la
    January 12th, 2009 03:36

wait i thought u used ‘la’ if if u didnt have and ‘l’ and ‘wa’ if u do???

Jessy-la
    January 12th, 2009 03:37

correct me if im wrong

Jessy-la
    January 12th, 2009 10:12

omg will they ever make real hoverboreds? omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!! i need one badly!! it would be the best wany to get around. especaly for meee. really

tell me if they make oneeeeeee thanxsssssssss

Ashley-wa
    January 12th, 2009 12:13

Jessy-la: yes, u r correct w/the name things -la if u have no “l” in your name& -wa if u have an “l”=D

Haley~Hyperness is ICY
    January 12th, 2009 12:48

okay, exactly how ahead of me is this blog’s time…

Haley~Hyperness is ICY
    January 12th, 2009 12:49

wow, 19 hours ahead.

Jessy-la
    January 16th, 2009 11:35

yup yup yup
    thanxs ashley-wa!!!

emilie
    January 18th, 2009 12:00

okay, i have been wondering this for AGES and i cannot find it ANYWHERE!
    WHO IS THE MODLE ON THE COVER OF UGLIES AND BOGUS TO BUBBLY?
    ngoimsmfdasusmg. this is so frustrating.
    someone PLEASE tell me!

Jessy-la
    January 22nd, 2009 07:12

dont no ask someone else srry

tehehe……….. wink wink tehehe!!!

AnOnYmOuS
    January 22nd, 2009 10:01

*I can not believe you actually put this much time into ONE book series. I am happy you did though so I could see the background of the uglies Series.*

*I got so sad when Zane died cuz they were REALLY cute together but I wish she just never broke up with David and was just with him the whole time.*

*I just read So Yesterday and I LOVED it*

*Jen and Hunter were so cute together*

Carly-wa
    January 22nd, 2009 15:59

I loved this. Knowing that flash tattoos are kinda real is really fascinating. Also it never really paid attention, but when you said that the last word of each book had the name of the next book was really cool. I also re-read Pretties (Zanes in it, and not dead, so i read it). In chapter Rain the last word of the first sentence is “mind”. I thought it was really cool because he mentioned the mind-rain before it actually took place, or it could’ve just been a coincidence, but either way it is really cool. Also Zane and David mean beloved is so weird.

These books were amazing, and its really sad that he stopped writing them, but So Yesterday seems pretty cool. I might read it.

Shay-La
    January 23rd, 2009 06:07

I may only still be on Pretties but I can’t wait for Bogus to Bubbly to come out also I have finally convesed my friend to read the seris

Jessy-la
    January 24th, 2009 08:26

ok i just did a (big!) project on pretties sooo i better get a good grade
    lol

Victoria
    February 8th, 2009 23:20

Shay-la

LOL can’t wait to get this book.
    Scott-sensi should write a fith book in the uglies series(hint)

Sara- la
    February 16th, 2009 18:10

I LOVE YOUR BOOKS, MR. WESTERFELD! AND I SURE WILL LIKE THIS ONE! (Especially the hoverboard manual!!!!!!!!!)

Jaeda-la
    February 17th, 2009 00:22

I aggree, but if he does it will be called cakes. I didn’t really like pretties. Or extras for some reason.

Ellie-wa
    February 19th, 2009 04:24

oh my friggin god!!! are you serious?!?!? maps and pictuers and everything???? that is soooo happy-making!!!!!!!!!! XD
    GAHHH!!! im so excited now ^^
    im all shivery and whatnot :]]]]
    i want a hoverboard….
    reeeeeeeaaaaallllyyyyy bad. lol my friend made one, but i cant do it!
    DX

<333333333333 zane-la

i cried when he died…. :,(
    a lot.

Mr. Westerfeld should write another book about tally. forget aya-chan. hehe XP

Ellie-wa
    February 19th, 2009 04:28

wait wait wait. did that guy just say they’re gonna make a MOVIE?!?!?!?!?!
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
    that’ll completely and utterly RUIN the whole thing!!!!!!
    they cant POSSIBLY portray the same affect and emotion and pure awesomeness of the books!!!!!
    theres no way.
    im going on strike, dangit. DX
    no movie.
    more books.

daniela-wa
    February 25th, 2009 14:02

omg! i love ur books!!!!! how did u come up with radical-honesty? that was sooo cool!!!! why did zane have to die?! i cried at that part! :”( that was so sad! i want this book so bad! why?! did u change characters? i didnt like whats her face? the asian chick! she stupid! HUGE FAN OF UR BOOKS!!!

lala-wa
    February 25th, 2009 14:13

I liked bogus to bubbly :] i thought it was very informative, if thats even a word? But i will admit i didn’t like the maps and pictures :[ i thought they'd be more detailed with scott-la's descriptions and everything. But i guess my imagination will have to do for now...but it was way happy-making with a few bogus pictures :]

Carlie - wa
    March 2nd, 2009 08:53

I’m so excited! my friend told me about it and i had to see it myself. YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA!

kiki
    March 5th, 2009 14:24

omg this is a cool cover i want to know werer to get it im am a BIG FAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i wish to get this

britteny
    March 8th, 2009 09:25

this was a really good series but the extra book seemed really stupid i mean they should stick with the tally and david theme and go on about there love life and stuff but i am really glad she ended up with david cuz i always liked him better but i was still really sad when zane died but anyway they should make another book about tally and david but the name thing kinda stupid and i never really got it sorry

Dylan wa
    April 2nd, 2009 08:34

awesome i read it its pretty good i hope he makes more things like it

uknowuwantZANE
    April 2nd, 2009 08:54

OK, i just finished the book(i got it yesterday) and i have to say…. OMG I LOVED IT SO MUCH ITS GREAT IT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING OMG WOW! ahem. now that thats over, id like to make a suggestion about “wearable extras” u sshould make a shirt for all the main cliques! like “join the crims” or ” Be a manga-hesd!”

cassi-wa
    April 4th, 2009 00:58

OMG I can’t wait to get this book!Right now I’m reading Speacials!Speacials is sooooo bubbly-making!

Tara-La
    April 5th, 2009 13:34

OMG im going to read this on monday as soon as I get it out of the library!!! I just finished Extras abnd im sooo excited to read this!

lizzy-wa101102
    April 5th, 2009 13:36

i read it ass sone it came out!

Angela-wa
    April 17th, 2009 06:34

Scott-la, where is this alternate ending I have heard about at the end of Specials?!

I’m so curious now!

Angela-wa
    April 17th, 2009 06:34

I’m so curious now!

Angela-wa
    April 17th, 2009 06:34

Sorry about the double comment, my internet isn’t so bubbly right now.

Brooke-La
    May 6th, 2009 10:23

OMG! I love these books! I am only 15 and LOVE THEM! I kinda love them more than blake, my boyfriend! OMFG!

Brooke-La
    May 6th, 2009 10:26

i so want this book! I have read all except Bogus To Bubbly and am going to get it tonight! yeah! But……… what happens to Dr.Cable ? I t never told of the end of her besides Tally shooting her with the needle Fausto gave her.

Brooke-La
    May 6th, 2009 10:26

it’s so icy.

Marley-wa
    May 7th, 2009 08:49

I can’t wait to get this either. i looked at in the bookstore and pretty town looked rather small. but anyway, i was trying to find a hovercar pic for a report i was doin in science

Marley-wa
    May 7th, 2009 08:50

did u hear about the movie?

Alex-la
    June 17th, 2009 05:36

Are you going all pretty-minded fake or is this real? I am obsessed with this series. Every cave i go into must be checked for secret holes LOL! Unfortunatley though i am displeased with the last book. The extras world is specials crazy and totally not icy. Heck with Aya-chan lets go back to Tally-wa! I want to know what goes on with her and David! We need lots more of these books! Thanks Scott!

Nolan
    June 18th, 2009 00:08

What should my name be?
    Nolan-la
    Nolan-wa

And i thought Extra was the conclution!
    Sayy what.

Now im gonna have to Pause Extra’s because im in the middle of it and get this one :DD:D:D:D\

Ali-wa
    June 27th, 2009 10:51

OMG sweeeet. ive been dieing to picture what the uglies world would be like ;D – Ali-wa

Riley-Wa
    July 11th, 2009 01:45

I just finished “Extras” SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Lana-wa
    July 25th, 2009 08:35

These books rock!!! Can’t wait for the new one.

Alyssa-wa
    August 2nd, 2009 04:50

Ahhh!! I NEED to readd the Extrass, I just read the Uggs, andd Pretts in fourteeen hours, straight.(: Go me, But no Phoenix librarys have the Extrrs, or Speshess, which blows, extremmelyyyy.
    Hahhh. I hope Zane wins Tallly,
    And Davidd wins Shayyyyy.

Bubbly!!<33

Erica-la
    October 8th, 2009 02:42

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erica-la
    October 8th, 2009 02:45

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! really cool.

Gracie-lawa
    November 10th, 2009 09:35

Wow! I’ve read all five books in Ugies Series. (Well four plus the guide!) Loove it!

vero
    November 29th, 2009 05:49

shuld my name be
    vero-la
    or vero-wa???
    some1 helpp!!

Julia-wa
    December 19th, 2009 06:14

Love the series!! but should i read thsi before i read extras?

Leslie Wright
    December 22nd, 2009 11:51

@Julia-wa

No, it will spoil Extras!!

Kevron
    January 25th, 2010 08:57

Vero-wa sounds cooler

stephy-wa
    February 17th, 2010 06:23

his nane is not david-la its just david hes not a pretty

allie
    March 11th, 2010 08:22

i agree with stephy wa david isnt a pretty and no one not even tally calles him david la its crazy!!!!!!!!!!!but i cant wait to read the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ave-la
    March 16th, 2010 01:18

yay i love seeing how many people like reading and read as much as me
    scott-la your my favrit writter and i need more books written by u.but i cant beleive zanes dead he was my fav character and tally loved him romance novels dont work that way.know a have a book to look forward to wich is city of fallen angels by cassandr clare its from the series city of bones my fav book but were can i find bogus to bubbly and peeps and were can i find more books by u aaaaaaahhhhhhh i am so exited for thise book

p.s
    the only reason girls like twilight is because of the damsel in distress if your looking for a good romance novel read city of bones

ave-la
    March 16th, 2010 04:48

i hate the earlier comments about twilight .also edward and jacob all they were doing was hearting bella if i were her i would have broken up whith him right when stuff started going wrong and would have ditch jacob.if you want to read a good romance novel read city of bones. and finally jace beats edward jacob david and even zane.

ave-la
    March 16th, 2010 07:58

sorry about that earlier its just i am so tired of twilight and city of bones and uglies are so much better but once i was hooked on them but than i fou
    nd much better books . WRITE MORE BOOKS SCOTT-LA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH I CANT WAIT TO READ THE NEW BOOK

The-La
    March 17th, 2010 08:13

*Spoiler, btw*
    Scott Westerfeld is amazing! I don’t know how he made up this world! It’s a brilliant idea, :) and a brilliant story. I wonder how long it took him to write each of the books…hmm. And, I loved Zane! =( But, I really like how she ends up with David too :) Because, I like how she’s tough and everything, and she ends up dating an ugly. I liked the twist :)

ave-la
    March 17th, 2010 08:20

hey the-la i know u ur my sister and so right about the books isnt scott-la amazing i need this book and go tally and zane.

Jenna-wa
    March 20th, 2010 22:51

omg i cant wait to read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CeeCee-la
    March 24th, 2010 03:42

yeah! *cough cough* ah i inhaled my chili candy. this book is cool, especially the science of beauty. im actually using that for a report in my health class, like the symmetry and stuff. with b4naftr pics.

Cable H8er
    April 19th, 2010 20:58

OMG!!! I just got this book! I hope Tally is in it more than the last time!

Jojo- La
    August 13th, 2010 23:37

omggggg yay im soooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 22nd, 2010 08:29

I can’t believe I never heard about this.. I’m going book shopping tomorrow. But, reading this was super happy-making (: Btw it’s kinda really brain-missing to not add a fifth book continuing the series.. Just saying (;

Jordan
    September 5th, 2010 18:58

I got this before I even started reading the series. Well… this and extras. IT WAS A GOOD DEAL OKAY! Less money to spend, so I took the opportunity and got it when I had the chance to. And I knew I was going to end up reading the books anyway, so. I just started reading it. It’s pretty awesome….
    Smiley face.

raven
    September 7th, 2010 04:04

i got this at my bookfair not knowing wat it was and it was really interesting a year later (this year i read uglies slowly starting to realize this was the book i bought a year ago so i understood things better than most people would read it before the series its alot easier

niki
    September 29th, 2010 22:19

I love these books. I’ve read them all. I’m a very picky reader but when I picked up this book one day and started reading it I thought it was the best book I have ever read….not even twilight was that good to me. Congrats and good luck in life. hope your movie goes well.

Kay-la
    October 16th, 2010 04:58

Love this book!!!!!!!!

Abby
    December 12th, 2010 08:17

this series is my favourite series ever! i cant wait to read bogus to bubbly and to see the maps and manuals and stuff like that! thankyou so much scott westerfield for writing the series and for writing bogus to bubbly! i am sure it will answer many questions which the the uglies series has risen. i just finished specials then. it was a different ending to which i was expecting but very good!! i loved uglies the best though… very gripping. anyway thanks soooo much for writing the series!!!!! its sooooooooo good!

abby-wah
    December 12th, 2010 08:29

i would just like to tell you – me and my friend maddie have started calling eachother Abby-wah and Maddie-la because we are both obsessed with the series!!!!!!!!!
    pleeeeaasee make a movie and make it asap!!! i love uglies and it would be icy-making if there was a movie to go with it!!! i would definitely buy it! i rate the uglies series A TRILLION milli helens!!!!!

Jenna-wa
    January 3rd, 2011 22:56

OMG! i am absolutely in love with these books! i have cried at the end of every single one of them! i so want movies to be made out of these books! i love Tally, David, Zane, Aya, Hiro, Ren, and all the rest of them!!! :)

Book Luvers
    January 15th, 2011 06:16

This book is SICK. Can’t wait TO GET IT(unfortantly I will not)

Emmy-wa and Cee-la
    February 3rd, 2011 03:07

OMG!!! I cant WAIT to get this!!! I LOVED this series and was heartbroken when it ended. I’ve always wanted to know, though, exactly what year it was in the series. is it still in the 2000′s or in the 3000′s? Anyways, i love this series and i cant wait for this!!!
    ~Emmy-wa and Cee-le (Emily and Cyara)

na5ia
    September 26th, 2011 06:09

i love tally plzz make another book with her sh now about 20 plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz itll be awsome ill buy the book 100 times plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

na5ia
    September 26th, 2011 06:09

im in loveeeeeeeee wth tally

Sophie-la
    November 18th, 2011 21:26

I have read this book it explains so much.
    I really liked the first draft of extras. But I think that Scott-la should rewrite the 4th book from Tally’s point of view.
    TEAM TALLY :)

Alexandra-la
    November 25th, 2011 21:37

I love all of Scott-la’s books! Their SO bubbly! Teehee
    I like how he brings in a new set of characters and setting.
    Tally is still in the story but it’s focused more on Aya
    SO COOL
    Team Zane 4ever
    TALLY

lauren-chan
    December 18th, 2011 05:11

why can’t life be like the books? is it possible to get the technology for this??????????????????????????????????????btw…I LOVE THESE BOOKS!!!!!!

UEFA Euro 2012
    February 2nd, 2012 20:46

Anouk Aimee: “Some pray to marry the man they love, my prayer will somewhat vary I humbly pray to heaven above that I love the man I marry.”

Harley-Wa
    February 24th, 2012 04:15

Man, Whose a bigger fan than Harley-wa?
    :P