FAFT + FTF

September 29th, 2012

At last it is time for Fan Art Friday Tri-Weekly plus Fan Tea Friday!

You may have noticed a paucity of blogging lately here. That’s because I’ve been either ill (much better, thank you), lazy (incurable), or working hard (new novel!). But I haven’t forgotten you guys, I’m just trying to get stuff done and letting you talk amongst yourselves. Which you are good at.

Speaking of talking, I’m having a meet-up over at the Westerforum. I’ll be there to answer your many, many questions. Here are the details:

MEET-UP
Saturday
October 20, 2012
7PM Eastern US Time/4PM US West Coast

I’m actually not sure about the Australian or UK time for this meet-up, because the clocks are all changing these days. But Sunday morning in Oz and around midnight in Greenwich Mean. Hope to see you there!

Okay, it’s been too long without any fan art. But let us start with some fan tea.

That’s right, there is now a line of Leviathan teas by Callie Segotta. It’s from Adagio, a site that lets you mix your own teas. Like Cafe Press, but tea. Here’s the label for Dr. Emma Nora Barlow Tea:

There are also teas for Alek, Volger, Deryn, and Lilit:

Click here to check them out.

Continuing with the Leviathan theme, here’s a young boy (who’s name I don’t know, because Twitter sent it to me) with the self-confidence to cosplay Deryn! Awesome, dude.

And here’s a great redux of one of Keith’s illustration from book 1:

And here are a couple of very vivid Uglies images, complete with hoverboards, by Laura Ramie:

Pretty cool.

Okay, that’s it. Hope that you’re all enjoying getting back to school, or just the end of summer in general.

Ciao for now, and hope to see you at the meet-up.

146 Responses to “FAFT + FTF”

Bea-la
    September 29th, 2012 06:24

(First comment again!)

Can’t wait for the meet-up!! Thanks Scott-sensei!

Oraldisaster101
    September 29th, 2012 06:40

Wow, love the Uglies art. I might actually log into my account for the first time in almost a year just for the meet-up…

September 29th, 2012 07:23

I’ve never actually been on a meet-up on the Westerforum before. I’ll be there if I can this time.
    I’m not much of a tea fan, but those teas are very awesome and clever! I love all the art a lot. And the cosplay, of course.
    Excuse me, did you just say enjoying school? What a preposterous notion. It’s actually been a month now, and I suppose working is better than doing practically nothing at home, but I would never enjoy the thing. I’m great at it, yes, but I prefer laziness.

Rose
    September 29th, 2012 07:40

To who ever made those teas: you certainly have a future in marketing. Even if I didn’t already love tea and Leviathan, I would want to try all of those teas.

September 29th, 2012 07:55

Custom TEAS?! For LEVIATHAN?! My life is complete.

Joo Dee
    September 29th, 2012 09:15

oh my gosh the teas are REAL!? so bubbly
    btw i did my oral book report on specials today…i went over the time limit

Bramblepool
    September 29th, 2012 18:06

Wow…..now I really want some tea. And EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKK! MEET UP! TANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! IM SO EXCITED!

Tardis
    September 29th, 2012 18:26

I LOVE THE PICTURES!!!! I wish I could draw like that…….. *sigh*
    I can’t wait for the meet up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *squeals a little*

September 29th, 2012 18:37

oh, man. i’ve got to sign in to the Forum. does anyone know if you can do that simply as a guest? if i have to i’ll create an account or whatever. not enjoying the fact that summer’s over, though i suppose it’s just starting for you! wait, it doesn’t really get cold in Australia, so it’s always summer… moving there ASAP.

September 29th, 2012 18:39

rrg my last comment got cut off. well, Callie Segotta has convinced me to try tea. can we actually order those, or are they just for show?

Jacquie-la
    September 29th, 2012 18:53

@10 You can order them. Click on the the link underneath them. (They’re out of Alek and Volger, though.)

Echo:)
    September 29th, 2012 19:06

YAY!!!!! Meetup!!!!!! :D I am so excited!!!!!! If I can’t make it I’m gonna be so sad! I’m really feelin’ the exclaimation points today! :D

Sam
    September 29th, 2012 19:29

TEAS! Love it alllllll!

Sarah
    September 29th, 2012 23:20

Sarah
    September 29th, 2012 23:23

The teas looks awesome! Another thing that’s totally unrelated to anything in this blog post, but totally amazing, my favorite of your books is So Yesterday, and I guess I talk about it quite a bit. Anyways, one of my friends got me a wifi-detecting watch as a graduation gift because I was always talking about Jen’s bracelet. :) That is all.

Barking_spiders
    September 30th, 2012 06:25

Awesome! I can’t wait for the meet up in the Westerforum! Cool Fanara too! I’m actually working on some fan art myself, but im not sure how to upload it/send it in/whatever. :/ Glad you’re getting better!

Bow ties are Cool
    September 30th, 2012 16:33

the teas are awesome and go the unnamed kid!!!
    who’s going back to school? gees… its still holidays.

magicfox17
    September 30th, 2012 22:01

LEVIATHAN-THEMED TEAS!?!?! AN UNNAMED BOY DRESSED AS A GIRL WHO WAS DRESSED AS A BOY!?!?! *BOOM* That was the sound of my mind being blown

Fanna-wa
    September 30th, 2012 23:30

Who cares about the Leviathan stuff…

I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE the Uglies art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG it is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right down to all of the details, everything: the roller coaster, the ruins, Tally, David, the locket, Tally’s sweater, the crash bracelets, the grippy shoes, their surroundings…..amazing! They look EXACTLY how I pictured, not kidding. Please make more, Laura Ramie! I wish that you were illustrating the current graphic novels. :)

Fanna-wa
    September 30th, 2012 23:36

Okay I just looked this chick up, and I’m guessing those are actual acrylic paintings? Even better….I LOVE your art so much it’s amazing!!!!!!!!!

Zee
    October 1st, 2012 00:57

New novel? How come I haven’t heard about this at ALL? What’s it about? When is it coming out? How far are you into it? Spill, Mr. Westerfeld!! Please tell me!!

Middy Miles
    October 1st, 2012 02:33

@17. WHAT? I HAVE BEEN IN SCHOOL FOR A MONTH ALREADY!
    (Sorry. Caps lock overload. But STILL)

Hello, everyone. How are you? Yeah, I know it’s been a while. Yes, I have a reason for not being on hardly at all: It’s called being busy. I am making some headway on chapter 32, though! You have all read 31, right? It’s on my blog…

Rue
    October 1st, 2012 05:03

NEW NOVEL!?!?! YOU CANT JUST GO ALL “NEW NOVEL” ON US!!!!
    thats like saying “oh yeah, i know what happens in the next season of Awkward, SO ABOUT THAT OTHER THING I WAS GOING TO MENTION…”
    or like, ENDING A BOOK IN THE MIDDLE OF A
    SEE WHAT I DID THERE?? SEE HOW CRAZY THAT JUST WAS???
    (*** The Fault In Our Stars anyone???)

JUST NO.

so im expecting a copy of this “new novel” to be mailed to each and every one of us before you even pick of your laptop and start to write it, just because we are such dedicated fans and we deserve to be completely filled in on every aspect of your author life.

nerezza-la
    October 1st, 2012 23:22

@23
    i totally agree. because scott-la is so dedicated to us, we should really get copies before he een finishes them. there could be a contest where we could write our own alternate ending and everything (of course our would dull in comparison)

can we at least have a name for the new novel?

October 2nd, 2012 01:21

Ah, how I love fanart.

October 2nd, 2012 01:23

Also…
    SUPERNOTE 2012!!!!
    YEAH!!!
    I’m joining danisnotonfire’s team.

October 2nd, 2012 01:24

@23- Yeah!! TFiOS!!

October 2nd, 2012 08:05

The boy looks like a boy I know…wonder where he lives…
    I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE BLACK BUTLER!!!!!!!!!!! The but let’s name is Sebastian. Maybe he’s Fitzroy, because no other airship would accept him cos he’s EVIIIL so he got a job working for Ciel. Hmmmm.

October 2nd, 2012 08:06

*butler’s. Not but let’s.

Nanie-la
    October 2nd, 2012 08:06

Today I discovered your blog. I’ve just finished the Uglies series (short of Extras) and read Leviathan and Behemoth (apparently, I have a thing for not reading the last book. I swear this is not my fault, but everywhere always seems to carry every book except for the last one in your series’!)

But, I just wanted to say, this is seriously awesome. I loved you as an author, and now that I see that you keep a blog and interact with people and post fan art… I think I just died and went to heaven.

Keep on rocking!

…also, I agree with number 23, Scott-la. We the readers deserve to know more than just “new novel.” That’s like throwing a boomerang at us and expecting us to just stand there and be hit and floored by it! You have to help us catch it!

October 2nd, 2012 08:08

The evil people are always named Sebastian. WHY ARE THE EVIL PEOPLE ALWAYS NAMED SEBASTIAN????????? That is a very important question.
    Actually the but let’s not evil (well sorta) he’s just creepy.

October 2nd, 2012 08:09

I just realized I missed PWH by two minutes. TWO BLOODY MINUTES PEOPLE. WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THAT?????

October 2nd, 2012 08:10

I just realized I missed PWH by two minutes. TWO BLOODY MINUTES.

October 2nd, 2012 08:11

Oh geez I said that twice. What a pity.
    Ciel reminds me of Artemis Fowl.

Joo Dee
    October 2nd, 2012 08:18

wow in the mortal instruments there’s a bad guy named sebastian sorry if i spoiled that for you..

Kristina-la
    October 2nd, 2012 08:51

wait….new novel?? WHAT? Well, the question of the meet up with be what is this new novel. ahahah and we will bug you and bug you just as much as when we wanted to know about croy :P

Zaliz-la
    October 2nd, 2012 09:48

Helluooo (:

October 2nd, 2012 10:11

@35-No actually I read those books

October 2nd, 2012 14:16

@35- Oh, I like Sebastian! He’s all… Demonic.

October 2nd, 2012 14:19

@32- Uh… No you didn’t… You missed someone else by 2 minutes.

October 2nd, 2012 14:39

i’m reading a pretty awesome book (though it’s weak in comparison to Scott’s writing) called The Beyonders: A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull. anyone heard of it? even though it’s totally different from what Scott does he and Brandon need to co-write something epic. once Scott’s done with this title-less “New Novel”, of course.
    btw check it out: mmm,…?

October 2nd, 2012 14:40

whoa that’s not supposed to happen! i had the Pi symbol!!! try again:
    mmm,…?

October 2nd, 2012 14:42

nooooo! my Pi won’t post! i mean really, who doesn’t like Pi? fine then.
    mmm,… 3.14149265358979…

October 2nd, 2012 18:49

@40-No, I swear yesterday it said I missed you by two minutes.

Middy Miles
    October 2nd, 2012 19:01

@28. I see what you did there. And it makes me feel totally awesome and honored.
    And I love how that’s been continued within the rest of the thread.
    I love TMI. But I already don’t like the movie. THEY MADE JACE LOOK LIKE A GIRL.
    (Jamie Campbell Bower is girlish and none of the actors fit their characters.)
    Always eat pie at 3:14.

Reenie-La
    October 2nd, 2012 20:57

Yay, is super excited for the meet-up~! ^^

And great Fan-art everyone (:

October 3rd, 2012 00:14

@45, eat pie on March 14, 2015 at 9:26 and 5:35. pie day in the year 1592 (waayyy in the past, sadly) must’ve been crazy awesome.
    i want a time machine so that i can go back to 1592 and go to Greece and scream HAPPY PI DAY EVERYONE!!! hopefully the Greek scientists and mathematicians would get the joke.

October 3rd, 2012 01:16

@47- At my old school we celebrated pi day on march 14 and the whole day revolved around pie… And pi

October 3rd, 2012 01:18

@45- There’s a quote from Jace on the wall of my school Library. I don’t really like Jace though… He’s to emotional.

October 3rd, 2012 01:20

Has anyone read the Prequels to Mortal Instruments?
    All I can say for them is Will… Will… Will… Will.
    Goddamn you Jem!!!

October 3rd, 2012 01:21

Sorry if that was a bit extreme.

Rose
    October 3rd, 2012 01:38

I was really excited to read the Mortal Interments (and the prequels), but was sorely underwhelmed. You can literally take a lead character from one series and match them with another lead from the other one. It’s like the author took the original manuscript and changed the characters’ names, setting, and a couple of personality traits. They’re supposed to be in the same world, not the same characters.

October 3rd, 2012 03:19

I like Jace. No one appreciates him!!!

Joo Dee
    October 3rd, 2012 03:51

uh I’ve read beyonders but its not as good as uglies
    JACE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE I GIRL and mangus is taiwanese!
    and i just finished reading clockwork angel and will is SO MEAN
    I mean, I though jace was bad, but will is WORSE
    don’t spoil anything for me though cuz I’ve only read the first book
    also my old school had pie day in 5th grade and we ate really yummy pie
    that was A LOT of typing

Camila
    October 3rd, 2012 04:27

@49- I kind of agree with you, but it’s not that I don’t like Jace. I just like Simon better.

October 3rd, 2012 05:09

@54- Oh my god I LOVE MAGNUS. He’s got to be the best character for anything ever. I also love Will. He’s one of the only book characters I’ve ever had a crush on. I just don’t have words for how much I love Will.

October 3rd, 2012 05:10

@56- Which is a bit weird saying because my brother’s named Will.

October 3rd, 2012 05:45

@53-Clary certainly appreciates him ;)

October 3rd, 2012 08:22

OHMYGOSH BARKINGBLOODYBLOODYSPIDERS.
    They’re rebuilding Tesla laboratory in New York.
    Is anyone else not happy with me? Like, considerably not happy?

Okay, and one other thing….WHAT IS TMI AND TMI DOING ON THIS BLOG?! Alright, I’ve read them. I used to seriously love them. That was before Leviathan, but only by a few weeks. That was a time when I was very young and naive and I thought the characters were awesome. Now, the only characters I can stand are as follows: Alec and Magnus (mostly just because my friends and I chose characters to cosplay from TMI and we just kept calling each other by our character names….I’m Alec. ^^)

Anyway, yeah. Magnus and Alec. Although you don’t know how odd that name is….with a ‘c’. Everyone and everything else just annoys me now. That is my opinion! Have a nice evening everyone! I have ALgebra II homework to do….

October 3rd, 2012 08:26

@23: You know AWKWARD?! Sorry, but my cousin’s girlfriend is in that! THAT IS ALL I’M SAYING. She’s awesome. ^^

Joo Dee
    October 3rd, 2012 08:27

oh no there’s algebra TWO!? i hate growing up
    @56- sorry, but i don’t like magnus…and will
    but i hate will more

October 3rd, 2012 14:34

Here’s my full opinion on TMI. The plot is meh. The romance is kinda cliched. But I do really like some of the characters. Will and Magnus for example. Simon is also alright.

October 4th, 2012 01:17

@59 THEY’RE REBUILDING TESLA’S LABORATORY??? where’d you find that out?? BARKING SPIDERS THAT’S AWESOME! is there a website for this that you could post, please? ooh, i sooo hope that it’s not in the part of New York that’s too far from me. wait, NYC or the State? sorry if that was a few too many questions…

October 4th, 2012 09:40

I love Grell Sutcliffe soooo much. But I don’t know of they’re a guy or a girl. I thought they were a guy dressed up as a girl, then I read the second book of Black Butler and thought they were a girl dressed up as a guy. THEN my friend told me they were a guy dressed up as a girl who was dressed up as a guy. Anime is SO CONFUSING BUT I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! And Grell isn’t the only confusin part of Black Butler..

October 4th, 2012 10:03

A GUY! GRELL IS A GUY!! And oh my god, Finny’s a guy too!!! What? I thought he was a girl!!!
    Okay seriously, is there ANYONE on here who reads Black Butler?

October 4th, 2012 10:05

“I’m just trying to get stuff done and letting you talk amongst yourselves. Which you are good at.” Wow, I’m suprised you didn’t put “hint, hint, Middy Joe!” after that!

October 4th, 2012 10:45

@ 63: I learned about it through the newspaper….San Francisco Chronicle, if that means anything. I don’t know anything else, sorry!

By the way: Newspaper? Yes. It’s an actual, physical newspaper that gets thrown at my house everyday. XD You could probably find the article on the website, though, and if I remember correctly that’s sfgate.com. I think…. The last time I used it was in Environment in 8th grade….

October 4th, 2012 10:51

@ 62: *looks over shoulder to see if sister is looking–coast is clear*
    I AGREE. Except, I don’t really like Will. I just can’t really stand Herondale angst. Right now, angst seems childish to me….Or, at least, YA paranormal-magic-angels-demons-fake curses angst. TMI and TID are just sort of….cliche, like Twilight and all that crap. That’s why I read Leviathan! Isn’t that why we’re all here? Because we love these characters for not being cliche and boring?

And, if I may pose the question, why are we all criticizing another author’s work in these comments? I’m starting to feel kind of guilty…. Guys, the internet never forgets!

But I meant what I typed….And now I’m going to stop with negativeness!

October 4th, 2012 14:37

@67&68, thank you so much! i have actually found the Chronicle online before, now it’s a matter of finding it again… yes, i know what a newspaper is. my parents aren’t ready to go totally e-papaer.
    i haven’t read this other books series everyone is so hyper about, but i agree that the whole paranormal/ cute vampires against cute werewolves thing is kind of, well let’s just say i agree with everything in your comment 68. i’m lazy, and it’s too much typing.

Zaliz-la
    October 5th, 2012 01:00

@50 I have ._.
    Though I’m suddenly feeling like a newbie on this site /:

October 5th, 2012 04:34

Scott, I really, really, really want to know of you have read The Book Thief and if you have met Markus Zusak. Please tell me because you and him are both awesome authors and you guys should meet if you haven’t!

Joo Dee
    October 5th, 2012 08:06

oh the book thief i’ve seen that book a lot of times but idk if it’s good or not

October 5th, 2012 08:20

@72-It is seriously one of the best books I’ve ever read. It seriously was one of those books that puts a whole new perspective on everything, like Uglies. And I learned most of my German from it. *sly smile* Like saukerl!!! Tee hee, I called my friend that the other day and she had no idea what
    I was talking about.

October 5th, 2012 11:16

The Book Thief now? Talk about an amazing book. Talk about crying my eyes out in the back of the car while my family gave me weird looks…. I absolutely love Death’s voice. It’s quite a stunning book.

October 5th, 2012 14:37

@73, now you’ve got me. i’m reading the Book Thief. any adventure-y type book is enticing, but with German it has got to be good! and i’m not trying to be a downer, but my only conflict with learning German from text is you usually don’t learn pronunciation. but niiice, you called your friend a saukerl! hahaha! and btw, i have the opportunity to take German next year in school… i want to so badly.

October 5th, 2012 14:38

oops i mean i will be reading The Book Theif as soon as i get my little hands on it.

Joo Dee
    October 6th, 2012 03:31

well the book thief is like a CLASSIC, right? that’s why I didn’t read it but if u say its good then i’ll do my stupid book report on it

October 6th, 2012 04:07

@ 77: Actually, The Book Thief was published in 2005. I think that’s actually one of the reasons it’s so popular. It was unlike any other modern book. But really, read it anyway. It’s one of those books you can’t die without reading.

And as for a classic, I suggest Les Miserables. However, while that would probably impress a teacher, it is over 1100 pages long and spoons up many unanswerable questions about justice, redemption, conscience, and identity. But I think it’s barking brilliant.

Or you could read Cry, the Beloved Country (which was surprisingly good), To Kill A Mockingbird (who doesn’t love that book?), or A Tale of Two Cities (which my sister raves about; I haven’t actually read it yet).

October 6th, 2012 06:51

Oh my god! I LOVE The Book Theif! I was, like, 8 the first time I read it and I’ve read it twice since then the last time being 4 months ago. I made it through the book theif 3 times without crying but that’s because I’m weird and I laugh when others cry (which can make for some awkward situations).

October 6th, 2012 06:54

I am friend with A REAL LIVE EVIL GENIUS! He talks like you would imagine Artemis Fowl to talk but without the Irish accent. I love him. He’s like my best friend.

Joo Dee
    October 6th, 2012 09:11

@78- uhhh thx? but i don’t like classics, so yea..
    and I AM a genius

October 6th, 2012 10:14

@ 81: Haha, yeah, sorry to be really weird and nerdy there. I’m reading an odd amount of classics right now. (The Great Gatsby is surprisingly short XD)
    And now it looks like I’ll have to read Artemis Fowl too….

Selin
    October 6th, 2012 20:17

@ ummm everyone

I’ve totally read the book thief. And loved it.
    Also read the mortal instruments series. I didnt like that thought, the storyline wasn’t original enough for me. But in the authors note at the end the author makes a shout out to SCOTT WESTERFELD

Rue
    October 6th, 2012 20:26

@60
    NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!!!! who does your cousins girlfriend play??
    That’s of my favorite shows!!

Zaliz-la
    October 7th, 2012 02:27

Umm…just curious here, but how do we do the thing with Mr. Scott Westerfeld on the 20th?q:

Zaliz-la
    October 7th, 2012 02:33

Never mind….

October 7th, 2012 04:17

@ 84: Um, Valerie? Is that the counselor’s name? I’ve only actually seen one episode because I don’t get the channel. :( But she’s the guidance counselor who’s bad at her job….XD

October 7th, 2012 18:36

grrr, classics. curse ye. that’s like my entire mandatory reading curriculum. and i don’t care for classics, at least not until Tolkien and J.K. Rowling and James Patterson and Brandon Mull and obviously above all Scott Westerfeld become truly accepted classics. of course by the time they’re classics and we’re crusty 90-something-year-olds, it’ll all be so out dated that no one will care for them anymore. how tragic.

eugenla
    October 8th, 2012 00:53

hey Scott-la!
    Would you consider Valeria Lukyanova (please look her up on google) a successful pretty?

October 8th, 2012 01:01

@89: She’s kinda creepy looking if you ask me.

eugenla
    October 8th, 2012 01:35

@SteampunkJedi
    Well yeah, but wouldn’t a pretty look creepy in our point of view?

October 8th, 2012 04:22

@89- oh my god! She’s terrifying! She looks like a barbie doll and she’s all out of proportion! Why the hell would anyone want to look like that?!

October 8th, 2012 06:22

@91: My point exactly. And she looks just like a barbie doll. *Shudders*

October 9th, 2012 00:11

HAHA I’M FINALLY READING MOCKIGJAY ALMOST SECEN MONTHS AFTER READING CATCHING FIRE! AND I LOVE IT!
    Also: Real live evil genius? That should be my name. You guys just don’t know it. *evil laugh*

October 9th, 2012 00:12

*mockingjay

October 9th, 2012 00:12

*seven

October 9th, 2012 00:14

@89-I think she’s actually pretty. She looks like one of those manga-head people from Extras, doesn’t she?

Joo Dee
    October 9th, 2012 03:43

@94-mockingjay’s ok. I think. I think catching fire is better though

October 9th, 2012 04:56

I loved Catching Fire. The thing about last books in series is that they’re so unlike the first and/or second books that I just don’t like them. This is how Mockingjay is turning out.

October 9th, 2012 05:06

@94- I haven’t actually told him that I think he’s an evil genius.

And isn’t your name Sofia or something? Not real live evil genius
    Or was that not the point…

October 9th, 2012 05:06

Missed Middy Joe by 12 minutes. Typical.

Eugenla
    October 9th, 2012 05:26

I think a manga head would be more Anastasiya Shpagina or maybe or this girl

October 9th, 2012 06:30

That girl IS so creepy and I like The Hunger Games the best. I kind of got bored during Mockingjay because I….don’t know. She didn’t really lose sight of the purpose; I just didn’t want to be in Katniss’s head anymore. But I really love the first book. And I hate District 13, thank you.

October 9th, 2012 06:37

By the way, any Percy fans out there? May I just say, MARK OF ATHENA=awesomeness. Not as awesome as Leviathan, but you have to love Percy.

(Kind of embarrassing fact: I rarely remember more than the big picture of the plots of these books; I am mostly left with impressions of the characters and whether I like them or not. For example, I remember almost nill of the plot of The Lost Hero, but I know that was just because the only worthwhile character was Leo…)

SO, anyway, has anyone else dropped everything (except for, you know, homework) to read this book?

Rose
    October 9th, 2012 07:19

I used to be obsessed with Rick Riordan’s books when I was younger, but now i find really juvenile. I have no idea why, maybe because the plots are so predictiable, maybe because the characters are so stereotypical. I’m they’re good, possibly great, until you discover other, better books. It might be hard to believe, but it is true. There are always BETTER books out there. And at the top of that list of Leviathan, of course. So far I have yet to find a better book series out there, and that’s comming from the person who has read 120 books (equalling roughly 40,000 pages, more if you include the things I’ve read for school) in the last year, ON TOP OF high school homework…
    So maybe there isn’t a better series out there than Leviathan…

Wow, sorry this got so long. Someone once told me that you can get someone talking about something they love, you can NEVER get them to shut up. I guess that’s true.

Joo Dee
    October 9th, 2012 08:24

@105- do your fingers hurt?

October 9th, 2012 08:51

@ 105: I was in now way suggesting that the Percy Jackson books are better than Leviathan. No matter how much I laugh at Percy’s sarcasm and love elbow him the ribs (because he’s one of those characters that you don’t think about until they pop up and they you have to elbow them for leaving), Leviathan will always be….better? I suppose so.

I agree that Percy Jackson is way below my reading level (hence juvenile?) but I still have fun with it, especially the way it treats the Greek myths because some of the are just SO ridiculous. I also think that it might be because of the plot style that I forget most of what happens, like you forget most of what happens in the Odyssey because it’s just some guy going through so many different fights and sleeping with so many different goddesses (and somehow Athena still likes him?). Plus, no one has touched Christianity like Rick Riordan’s touched the Greek beliefs and I think someone needs to, because some of those stories are just as illogical. Sorry Alek, and anyone else I might be offending.

Anyway, that was way longer than it needed to be. And, to my credit, I gave up getting every single book in every single series my sister and I look forward to to get The Manual of Aeronautics first. (Because my sister annoying read all the Leviathan books before me, and I read stuff like The Mortal Instruments, but since I don’t care about those books anymore, it didn’t really matter. She still hasn’t touched the precious Manual. ^^)

October 10th, 2012 02:32

Does The Mark of Athena get bonus points for having an unexpected ending that made me cry?

October 10th, 2012 04:21

I just finished Mockingjay and absolutely loved it with all my heart and wanted to roll over it with a bulldozer because I hated it so much.

Again, why does everyone think that the anime girl is creepy? She’s cute. She should cosplay as Rin Kagamine.

October 10th, 2012 06:48

@109: I pretty much felt the same right after it ended. After some reflection I liked most of it, but some parts are too negative for me. And there’s quite the confusing turnaround in it.

October 10th, 2012 07:27

@ 109 & 110: I’m afraid it’s sort of the opposite with me. Mockingjay just rubbed me the wrong way after….well, the end of Catching Fire, because I didn’t really like Catching Fire either. Sorry to ruin the positiveness….But I liked the first one! ^^

October 10th, 2012 14:42

i am usually against reading books that are overly popular. don’t ask, it’s just part of my brain. so when i was forced to read The Hunger Games and dragged to the movie by a friend, i guess i already had low expectations. maybe that’s what ruined it for me. i’ll never know, but i just really couldn’t connect with any of it… it’s sad, i guess.

October 11th, 2012 05:32

I am honestly really sick of and fed up with the Percy Jackson books I started reading them when I was 8 and it’s been a while since then so I really can’t tolerate them any more.

As for Mockingjay, I personally think that the Hunger Games series deteriorates in quality the farther you progress into the series. AND I HATE PEETA.

October 11th, 2012 05:34

@112- I actually quite enjoyed the Hunger Games movie. I thought it was a good experience at the movies.

October 11th, 2012 05:35

Hey! I got 100 and I didn’t even notice ’til now!

October 12th, 2012 09:16

The Hunger Games was good, Catching Fire was great, and Mockingjay was okay.

I STILL WANT TO KNOW: Black Butler fans? Anybody?
    IF there is anybody: The Undertaker is freaking awesome!!!
    Team Sebastian or Team Grell?
    TEAM GRELL!!!! HE HAS A FRIGGIN CHAINSAW!!!
    But what I don’t get: Grell is a guy who thinks he’s a girl. COMO???
    Today in science our teacher asked what the two genders were. I’m all like, “There’s actually three: Male, Female, and Grell Sutcliffe.”

If you don’t read Black Butler, then..
    A. You won’t understand any of what I just said
    B. There’s your life falling off a cliff. Go get it.
    C. READ BLACK BUTLER RIGHT NOW!!! You’ll get your life back.

October 13th, 2012 00:41

@111: What I didn’t like was the build up to the end of the book, and the fact that there was so much ???? (Language: yiddish, don’t copy/paste into Google translate and translate if you haven’t read Mockingjay) throughout.

@116: You seem to be mildly interested in some book called Black Butler.

October 13th, 2012 00:47

@117: Never mind the ???? and following parenthesized statement. That was a lot of wasted time. Grrrr.

Middy Miles
    October 23rd, 2012 02:12

Hey, so since I can’t remember if I posted about it or not, Chapter 32 is on my blog! Click on my name!
    So, so do any of you actually read Orion, or was that only the people that used to be on? Because if none of you do, that makes me really sad, and I suggest you start reading it :)

October 23rd, 2012 04:52

@117-I am not *mildly* interested in Black Butler. I love it so much thatI live in it inside my head and am mentally dating three guys from it.

October 23rd, 2012 04:52

@119: I READ IT!!!!!

October 25th, 2012 06:07

Okay. What am I missing. I know I have been absent for quite some time. (about 5 months) But what am I missing with the new book thing? I remember him mentioning something (through the cobwebs that are my brain) but whats it about again? *she crosses fingers and hopes its another LBG book*

October 25th, 2012 06:09

@119- I DID NOT READ IT!!! :( Sorry. I haven’t had access to a computer for 3 months, but I’ll get right on it.

October 25th, 2012 06:10

@116- Enlighten me. Please, help my life not “fall off a cliff”

October 25th, 2012 06:17

Have any of you read Maximum Ride? (if not I will strangle you. In my mind.) Fang is hot/a big fat jerk. Dylan is hot/annoying/a lovesick idiot. (I am half-way through Angel) They’re by James Patterson.

October 25th, 2012 06:18

I just love blethering to myself :)

October 25th, 2012 06:27

Band is so great. Whenever it’s an A day I fondly remember Melissa’s rant about band. She was not at all exaggerating. I have Math after Band and I am in a group of four with two other girls who are also in band and one girl who chose Spanish (tut, tut) and we are always raving and ranting about how great band is and today she finally said “Shut up about band already!!! It’s always band this, band that and how great band is!! This is Math!!” and I say “Yeah, but band is so great!” :D

October 25th, 2012 06:28

Now I will grace you with my abundunt talent of ranting and raving about band!!

October 25th, 2012 06:34

Our band teacher is so awesome. His name’s Mr. Kenagy and he’s super young. He has a goatee and has “Kenagy blink” as Behee (French horn) calls it. :P He just blinks a lot, and kinda weirdly. Mia (Clarinet) thinks he has something wrong with his eyes. Oh yeah, and I play the clarinet too. it’s just Mia, me and one other guy, Larson on clarinet.

October 25th, 2012 06:38

Good night. I still have a essay to write. :/

October 25th, 2012 06:46

@105- Yeah, I was just thinking that today. Yet, when the next one comes out, I’ll diffidently read it. But, I do LOVE Kane Chronicles. Carter is (in my opinion) really hot. Rose, I know you might say, ‘But he’s only fourteen!’ but hey, I’m twelve, so it makes sense to me.

October 25th, 2012 06:47

Never mind. Decided I’m not going to write the essay. Procrastination at work.

October 25th, 2012 06:47

Still though, good night.

October 25th, 2012 07:44

Here I am, essay written. *facepalm*

Zackattack
    October 27th, 2012 04:30

Anyone else notice, David’s eyebrows are on different sides…

Middy Miles
    October 29th, 2012 05:15

@127. I ranted about band? I can totally see why I would, but I don’t remember ever doing it. At least, not on here.
    My (Not-so-)motto is “I procrastinate now so I don’t get bored later.”
    But I don’t use that, actually. I pay for it in stress when I do procrastinate.
    Also, Lauren, are you caught up on Orion?

Middy Miles
    October 29th, 2012 05:16

The human barbie and Anime person freak me out. Why would someone want to do that to their body?

Middy Miles
    October 29th, 2012 05:17

I’m still a total Percy Jackson fan. Who cares if I’m almost sixteen, I’ll always be a sucker for total fluff reads that make me laugh.

Christina-Wa
    January 19th, 2013 11:43

These pictures are amazing! <3 This is exactly how i pictured David

Christina-Wa
    January 19th, 2013 11:44

These pictures are amazing! This is exactly how I pictured David

Claudia Durand
    January 31st, 2013 05:53

‘Dat hat.

Myron Tonn
    May 17th, 2013 07:11

Das ist ein interessanter Post freue mich mehr zu lesen.

partition
    February 4th, 2014 18:08

Thank you very much., You are a good writer.
    In addition to art that will give you good
    I congratulate you

partition
    February 5th, 2014 14:25

My (Not-so-)motto is “I procrastinate now so I don’t get bored later.”
    But I don’t use that, actually. I pay for it in stress when I do procrastinate.

teste joosh
    February 13th, 2014 19:04

Thank you very much., You are a good writer.
    In addition to art that will give you good
    I congratulate you

is there a toms outlet
    April 17th, 2014 09:03

Meanwhile, California’s restaurant owners applauded the opinion as helpful guidance in determining their obligations to employees.