New Things

November 15th, 2012

Still traveling, but here are some things you might want to see:

That’s right, there is now a paperback boxed set of Leviathan! Collect them all, or just throw them at people. (Very heavy, with sharp corners.)

Part 2 of the Uglies graphic novel is out December 4, and I haz cover flats!

I am excited.

And finally, Leviathan is out in Brazil . . . with subway ads! I am fancy in South America, it seems.

Note that Justine and I will be down in Brazil next weekend! A rough schedule follows:

SAO PAULO
November 24th

4:00 pm – Presentation at Cine Livraria Cultura (room 2). About Leviatã and books with pictures. With simultaneous translation.
5:00 pm – Signing session at Livraria Cultura (ground floor), with Scott Westerfeld (Leviatã, Ugly and others) and Justine Larbalestier (Zumbis x Unicórnios)
Address: LIVRARIA CULTURA – Conjunto Nacional – Av. Paulista, 2073

November 25th
2:30 pm – Debate at Livraria da Vila with the public about Zumbis x Unicórnios. With Justine Larbalestier and author Fábio Yabu. Moderator: Ana Lima. With simultaneous translation.
3:30 pm – Signing session
Address: LIVRARIA DA VILA – Rua Fradique Coutinho, 915 / 11 3814-9954

RIO
November 27th

7:00 pm – Signing session at Livraria Cultura/RJ with Scott and Justine.
Address: Livraria Cultura – São Conrado Fashion Mall Shopping Center, 2nd floor

More details following, including (maybe) another event in Rio!

31 Responses to “New Things”

Rue
    November 15th, 2012 04:29

“COLLECT THEM ALL, OR JUST THROW THEM AT PEOPLE”

FIRST COMMENT SCORE!

Rue
    November 15th, 2012 04:32

It always feels good to have the first comment because, i feel like everybody reads it, ya know?
    okay maybe thats just me.

Maria Lidia
    November 15th, 2012 05:00

Can’t wait to see you in Sao Paulo *-*
    It’s gonna be awesome!

Rose
    November 15th, 2012 05:04

Will you tour when your new book comes out? If so, will you be in Minnesota? Last time you were here, I figured out you were coming to my local bookstore literally five minutes after you left.

Camila
    November 15th, 2012 06:15

Scott, will there ever be a possibility of you coming to Monterrey, Mexico, please??????????

Person with Hat
    November 15th, 2012 06:42

Awww… I want to go to brazil… :(

Oraldisaster101
    November 15th, 2012 07:28

I can’t believe I still haven’t layed eyes on the Shay’s Story… WHY THERE BE NO TIME???

sandy5
    November 15th, 2012 08:24

Yay! Now I can ask for a boxed set for my birthday!

Sarah-wa
    November 15th, 2012 08:32

Part 2 of the Uglies graphic novel is coming out on MY birthday! I feel special! :)

November 15th, 2012 09:12

I’ll throw them at people!

I hope I get to reading Shay’s Story before that comes out.

MACHINES AND(/or?) MONSTERS
    A new book from the author of the Uglies series.
    That’s my best translation of the ad. I might go to Brazil just to see that!

Have a fun trip, Scott! That debate should be fun. :D

@7: I just got Shay’s Story last week. Hopefully I’ll get to reading it this weekend. I’m rather busy (for a teenager, anyway.)

November 15th, 2012 09:12

@9: Congrats!

Joo Dee
    November 15th, 2012 09:45

YES i’ve been waiting for like HALF A YEAR NOW hurry up december 4

November 15th, 2012 15:44

i wanna go to Brazil! i don’t know Spanish or Portugese but hey it’s warm there! i wish we had awesome subway ads, too!
    hmm, Mr. Scott, are those some “Earthsea” books i spy in the background of the photo? at least that’s what it looks like to me… if so, that’s totally awesome!

Andrea Galvão
    November 15th, 2012 20:03

I want so much to see you here! I love your books! I’m a big fan! I’m reading zumbis x unicórnios and one of my next ones will be leviatã!

November 16th, 2012 05:27

I’m going to collect all the books, read them, THEN throw them at people.
    Wait…I’ve already read them. Yay, I don’t have to wait to throw them!
    Wait…that would be a waste of money. *emo corner*

SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I CAN’T WAIT FOR CUTTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

November 16th, 2012 05:28

The SQUEE was supposed to end with EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! but it got cut off.
    Just being a perfectionist.

November 16th, 2012 08:45

I CAN READ PORTUGUESE!!! Okay, yeah, it was easy to translate, but I feel so happy right now. Then again, I have been taking Spanish for six years….But people always tell me they’re very different. They’re not….But I’m still happy.

I WANT ZE BOXED SET. I will not throw it at people, though. I might t=hurt the precious. Instead, I will hand it to them nicely, or just be a horder, which sounds much more fun. MY precious….XD

Ari-wa Ice Demon
    November 16th, 2012 10:48

Scott, I know you’re busy, but there have been no Cutters previews or anything. It’s very depress-making. :( Please? One page of art?

November 16th, 2012 15:40

@17 but i’m a little hobbit and i’ve come to take your precious! just kidding. i want the boxed set but it’d be wasting trees on my own greedyness since i already have L, B, and G. but the boxed set is so cool-looking!

Steven
    November 16th, 2012 17:16

hello,
    I’m a student who like your books very much.
    I had finished the “Uglies”.
    I like it so much.
    And I am really excited about the movies of Uglies.

Hope-la
    November 17th, 2012 02:40

hi scott!! there’s any change for you to come to portugal?? i love your books so much, and i’m a really BIG fan!! love you scott

Laurelie
    November 17th, 2012 20:50

I noticed the books are next to Earthsea… that’s nice.

Daft Prince
    November 20th, 2012 15:45

Love that tagline: Maquinas X Monstros.

Adicted
    November 21st, 2012 07:54

I wish there were no end to Leviathan.
    Now I will just endup reading it over and over again.

Kaitlin
    November 25th, 2012 01:25

THE GRAPHIC NOVEL COMES OUT ON MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! :D

Zee
    December 12th, 2012 08:35

Just finished Uglies: Cutters.
    AMAZING. Absolutely loved it, Mr. Westerfeld!!!

Foreverblossoming
    December 22nd, 2012 07:30

Scott Westerfelf Y You No Go to Atlanta!?!?!?

Nia-la
    April 1st, 2013 22:38

Scott-la, will there be another Uglies manga about them as Cutters?

Annie-wa
    December 11th, 2013 05:47

When is Specials manga coming out?? I faithfully bought Shay’s Story and Cutters on the day they came out so I am so dying for this!!

saipa
    February 3rd, 2014 16:27

I finally got to reading Shay’s Story (school was evil to me and I had literally no time to read for pleasure since I had 2-3 books a week for my lit class). And David’s letter to Shay – just wow. I had to stop reading and just thought about the whole tril and wow. That was painful. Can’t wait for Cutters!

Gabriella
    March 10th, 2014 14:56

This may be a good product for weight loss but there are many negative feedbacks
    and comments about this product. This weight loss supplement has beeen
    tested and it is proven that is works and is safe to use.
    Otherwise else you visit to facilitate facilitate your closest pharmacy meant for any natural
    weight loss supplements, bear insmind a feww guidelines
    whilst selecting weight loss supplements.