Dalek Week on Deviant Art

December 16th, 2013

It’s almost time for the annual Deryn/Alek (Dalek) week on Deviant art!

profile_picture_by_miyaginoasakura-d6or9rt
By miyaginoasakura.

Dalek Week goes from Dec 16 to Dec 22, and challenges you to upload one piece of art per day. Each day has a theme:

1-Cake
2-Scotland
3-Austria
4-Help
5-Despair
6-Costumes
7-Happy days

Click here to enjoy the spoils of Dalek Week. (I’ll be posting a few of the submitted pieces later this week.)

20 Responses to “Dalek Week on Deviant Art”

Catvomitsky
    December 16th, 2013 06:35

This looks cool! At first I thought it was about Doctor Who though.

Ping-la
    December 16th, 2013 07:04

Wow I’ve never ever been the second comment before ever………BEST DAY EVERRR????????????????????????????I’m so trying the art week thing
    P.s. I just inspired somone to read uglies & they read the whole series, when they told me I started to do that weird thins were ur mouth is moving but no sound comes out ????

Ping-la
    December 16th, 2013 07:05

I ment !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not ???????????????????

Panzercrappitastica
    December 16th, 2013 10:14

Adorable picture! Dalek week makes me almost wish that I had a DeviantArt account, then I remember that I can’t draw .-.

December 16th, 2013 12:46

I love Dalek week!!! I still have some pics from ThePrinceOfParties saved. How exactly did it come about though? And why Dec. 16-21, or does that vary from year to year? I’m assuming Scott picks the themes, right?

@4: Yeah, if only I could draw. I would make fanart for EVERYTHING! No fandom would be left un-visualized! Also, I’m a writer currently working on my first novel, and it’d be awesome to be able to illustrate my scenes exactly how I imagined them.

Peachdust
    December 16th, 2013 15:58

Oops! You’re right, it should be Dec 22nd! We have now corrected the Dalek Week journal, sorry about that!>_<

Maria Jones
    December 16th, 2013 17:34

Awwww! This is cute, though I don’t think I’m such a good artist! Well, if not every day, at least when I can! <3

MiyaginoAsakura
    December 16th, 2013 18:38

Yes! I’m soooooooo excited and glad my drawing was featured! I look forward to this year’s fan art!!! :)

Panzercrappitastica
    December 17th, 2013 04:33

@5: There’s been so many times I’ve wanted to draw scenes from the book I’m writing, but they always turn out all misproportioned (at best)

December 17th, 2013 06:10

Ah, Dalek Week. Brings back fond memories :D

I draw fanart for everything I read or watch. Heck, I drew art for A Christmas Carol because we’re reading that in class. I drew Scrooge when he sees Marley’s ghost.

I really love to draw…

December 17th, 2013 06:23

@10: I love drawing too. We’re supposed to draw out problems in my physics class, and I really go all-out on those. :P I used to really suck at art, but I’m improving noticeably, if slowly.

Zac-la
    December 17th, 2013 23:05

@Roxanne ahhhh the truth has been spoken :( I can’t draw anything more advanced than a stick man…. although I did get a bit of practice drawing various maps and stuff for Geography this year.

Has anyone watched The Desolation of Smaug yet? I feel like both a terrible fan and terrible New Zealander because I haven’t watched it yet :O
    Did any of you guys hear about the 48 frames per second thing? Well, the cinema here (there’s only one cinema in my city) finally upgraded their projector to 48 frames per second so the movie should look awesome

Kristina-la
    December 18th, 2013 05:01

my first thought was definetly “Exterminate”

Panzercrappitastica
    December 18th, 2013 07:29

@12: I have seen it and it is amazing. And trust me, that means a lot coming from me.

December 18th, 2013 19:47

@12 – I’ve seen it too! And I can’t do anything but say it was totally awesome and great and cool and amazing and soo good! :)

amazon coupon codes
    December 19th, 2013 17:07

The codes are a clever system designed to promote and increase
    customer loyalty to Amazon itself. com accepts VISA, Mastercard and American Express
    as payment options. It extends back for the 90′s well as
    over recent years, they have created selection of methods to make shoppers enjoy the knowledge of shopping at their store.

TheDoctor
    December 26th, 2013 08:10

Awwww anime

abercrombie paris numero de telephone
    February 8th, 2014 07:43

Most value managers in South Africa have no doubt read The Intelligent Investor by Benjamin Graham, the father of value investing. This brings us to the second potential problem. Is it possible that Graham is too quick to dismiss Wharton professors Mead and Grodinsky, who argue convincingly in The Ebb and Flow of Investment Values that once an industry has turned downward, companies in the industry should — with rare exceptions — be avoided? The risk arises that for managers to diffe

botas hunter outlet
    February 13th, 2014 08:35

The things that probably keep Barack Obama up at night terrorist networks, covert nuclear programs and chemical weapons can often be countered with off-the-peg reasoning: drones, sanctions, inspections,botas ugg 80 euros, or even the threat of intervention. Much more difficult is working out how to stop allies from destroying what he hopes will be the signature achievement of his second term: a historic opening to Iran. When it comes to the Middle East, Obama’s thorniest problems come not

Belstaff New Albatross jacket
    March 20th, 2014 06:19

Aftur í fa,belstaff maple jacket uk?m fantsins ?ri? 2009 k?r?i hún k?rastann fyrir gróft ofbeldi og uppskar í kj?lfari? vir?ingu og a?dáun. ?ri? 2012 snéri hún aftur í fa?m fantsins. Hvers vegna hagar Rihanna sér svona?Framkv?mdast?ra Kvennaathvarfsins, Sig?rú?ur Gu?mundsdóttir, segir ?a? algengt a? konur snúi aftur til mannanna sem beiti ??r ofbeldi. ?eir hafi oft sterkt tangarhald á ?eim, viti leyndarmál ?eirra og ?rár.