Leviathan Table (Fan Art!)

December 2nd, 2013

This is pretty cool. It’s a table restoration by Fiona S. and her grandma, featuring monoplanes, the Emperor’s airyacht, and a kraken on the top.

image-1

Here’s a close up of the air yacht Stamboul:

image

But wait, there’s more!

The side panels feature a flechette bat . . .

image-4

a strafing hawk . . .

image-3

a message lizard . . .

image-5

and the ever-popular perspicacious loris!

image-2

Truly a magnificent piece. And it’s great to see everything in such vibrant colors. May you have many fine tea parties on this table, Fiona.

Just a wee headsup: There may be some Uglies news before the end of the year, or in early 2014. Look for it right here, or in the pages of your favorite industry rag.

UPDATE: Ebooks of both Uglies and Leviathan are on sale for all of December in the USA. Click here for details.

23 Responses to “Leviathan Table (Fan Art!)”

Panzercrappitastica
    December 2nd, 2013 05:16

Very awesome table! I wish. I had that kind of artistic talent…

As a random side note, how is it December 2nd already? It’s not even December 1st here!

December 2nd, 2013 07:50

Australia is an advanced nation. By about 16 hours from the east coast.
    (You must be confused!)

sandy5
    December 2nd, 2013 08:00

This is so cool! And right in time for my birthday!

Catvomitsky
    December 2nd, 2013 08:13

Wow, this is awesome! A Leviathan table, with a picture of a perspicacious loris, and a (sort of) promise of Uglies news! After a having a really bad couple of hours, this is exactly what I needed.

December 2nd, 2013 12:45

Wow, this table is awesome! But how come they didn’t put the actual Leviathan on it? (And maybe a behemoth instead of a kraken?)

December 2nd, 2013 17:22

That is a seriously cool table, I wish I could draw that well!

@Catching Fire discussion (from last thread) – I too had no problem with the love triangle, I think that’s where Katniss really shows her feelings, is not just “the girl on fire”. I was always rooting for Peeta, he is such a sweet person. About what you were saying of it being weird that he loved her for years but didn’t say anything…well, he thought she would never even look at him, so the Hunger Games were like his chance to finally tell her. But…he ends up telling the whole country. That’s the only part I think would have been good if he just told Katniss.

Lady Z.
    December 2nd, 2013 18:04

To reply to Panzercrapptistactica, because Scott lives in Australia, it is now 12:30 a.m. They are ahead of us by many hours, so it will appear like Scott is blogging from the future to us U.S. dwellers. Hope thi helped!

Maria Jones
    December 2nd, 2013 19:09

That’s adorable! I LOVE that table!
    Everyone loves the perspicacious loris (Bovril’s so cute <3)!

Zac-la
    December 2nd, 2013 23:49

This is amazing! She should consider making another one and selling it!

It’s December the 3rd here in New Zealand :P

OH MY HOVERBOARD!!!! Uglies news?!?!?!!?!!?!!?!? Movie news, I presume?? HALJFLKSDFKLS:DIJLIER:GJIERGL:

Hopefully we do actually get some news this time! :D :D :D :D

Zac-la
    December 2nd, 2013 23:51

AND

You know the words at the bottom at the beasties? Are those Latin words?

Zac-la
    December 2nd, 2013 23:51

*of the beasties

December 3rd, 2013 01:05

Uglies news?!
    Does that mean Shay’s third book?
    or movie news?
    Either (both) will be exciting!

December 3rd, 2013 03:08

Zac-la: The latin words at the bottom of the beastie pictures are their species names. They’re in the Manual of Aeronautics:

Panzercrappitastica
    December 3rd, 2013 03:26

I was confused. It was the first at the time. *facepalm* Also: Aaaahhhh, Scott responded to my comment! :D

I realized last night that there hasn’t been a meet-up in over a year. Will there be one soon?

Julia
    December 3rd, 2013 07:33

I really love this!

Http://Youtube.Com
    December 9th, 2013 00:45

Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my myspace group?
    There’s a lot of folks that I think would really enjoy your content.
    Please let me know. Many thanks

my blog post … Deer Hunter 2014 Cheats (http://Youtube.Com)

UGLIES MOVIE NEWS!
    December 22nd, 2013 05:33

I love the book uglies! I read the whole series, and then got my mom to. If you haven’t read Uglies you definitively should, they are on sale on mobile devices now for a GREAT price! I have been waiting so long for Uglies movie news :)!! Scott please tell us before 2014, we want to know soo bad! This movie news would be an awesome Christmas present!! Almost 3 times a month I google Uglies movie news, but nothing’s there. I know that it takes a while in the movie business, but PLEASE keep us updated!!! :) Below are a few questions I personally think everyone I’d dying to know!

1. Is it still happening!!?
    2. When?
    3. Who’s in the cast!
    4. When can we see a movie trailer!!!!
    5. What is it going to be rated?
    6. Are they going to shove all the books into one movie? (I hope not!). Comment below below to say what you want to know.
    PLEASE TELL US SOON!!!!!

I

UGLIES MOVIE NEWS!- Angie
    December 22nd, 2013 05:38

:) :) :) :) :)) :)) WE ALL WANT TO KNOW SOO BAD!!!!!

Kristina-la
    January 4th, 2014 23:35

this news going to be shared with us any time soon? :P

hamed
    January 23rd, 2014 14:52

Was excellent.
    Thank you very much., You are a good writer.
    In addition to art that will give you good
    I congratulate you

mobleman edari
    February 13th, 2014 14:38

Thank you very much., You are a good writer.
    In addition to art that will give you good
    I congratulate you
    Writing is an art that everyone does it. Congratulate you for having this art.
    Your blog is unique

tarahi nama
    February 16th, 2014 17:24

Thank you very much., You are a good writer.
    In addition to art that will give you good

toure torkye
    March 10th, 2014 16:29

Thank you very much., You are a good writer.
    In addition to art that will give you good