Scott Westerfeld Forum

Everything Else => Role-Playing => Topic started by: GreyCaboose on March 26, 2018, 02:32:54 PM

Title: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 26, 2018, 02:32:54 PM
This RP will be PG-13, and will contain body horror, some cursing, frightening imagery, and potential violence. Proceed with caution!

Hehehehhehe I'm tired and impulsive who wants to explore more Cabbieverse

But a side of it you've never seen before..

Oh, wait, yes, you have. Except I re-worked it, so it's super different! That's right, things are different here!! Get ready!!

~

You are a human. You have always been a human. Depending on your future choices, you might not stay a human, but you don't know that. You are a human! How quaint.

You wake up a cozy little human, in your cozy little human bed. You are alone. That's normal, since you live alone. You're a functioning adult! Or perhaps, functioning adult-aged spiritual child. I wouldn't know, we've only really just met.

You arise from your cozy bed, checking your clock. 10 AM! That would be disastrous if you had a job to work at in the mornings. But you don't, so you're still cozy. You check your mirror!

You are a:
A) Cozy Human Female
B) Cozy Human Male
C) Cozy Human Other (Specify - Nonbinary, Genderfluid, Agender, etc)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 26, 2018, 02:33:30 PM
OFGP!!!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 26, 2018, 02:35:18 PM
A.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 26, 2018, 02:49:16 PM
You are a cozy human female - Look at you! All cozy in your blankets...

Wait take your blankets off those go on the bed not on your shoulders.

No - Don't - Now you listen to me, missy!!

...

...You are a cozy human female walking around your house like an idiot wrapped up in blankets. Like an idiot, you hear me?? Those belong on your bed!

You peruse your cozy kitchen, about to grab a tasty bowl of GENERIC BRAND-Os before you notice something horribly strange...

A) A large crack in your kitchen wall, leaking ooze.
B) A strange bird outside the window, squawking and staring.
C) An odd, small, and brightly-colored package sliding through your front door's mail slot.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 26, 2018, 03:13:24 PM
C.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 26, 2018, 03:45:57 PM
A small cozy little package - Shaped a bit like a small, thin book - wrapped in bright red paper and stamped with a variety of different-animal-shaped navy blue stamps slides through your mail slot and falls to the floor, neatly decorated with twine. You put your bowl of GENERIC BRAND-Os down and head over to the door, kneeling down and picking it up. You read what's been stamped on it in navy blue ink:

TO MISTER CALEB PEKO
3893 BIJOUX STREET
THE SAME EXACT TOWN AS THE ONE WE'RE SENDING IT FROM
wHY DO WE NEED A ZIP CODE OR STATE IF IT'S THE SAME EXACT TOWN
ARE YOU POSTMEN BLIND
IDIOTS


You are not a 'Mister Caleb Peko'.

In the corner you spot the return address...

BRIGHID AND DOMOVOI TRINKETS AND FOLK ART
6182 DOXY LANE
AGAIN WITH THE ASKING FOR THE WHO WHATS AND WHERES
YOU KNOW WHERE THIS IS FROM
DELIVER IT
IDIOTS


Hm...You've heard of a 'Brighid and Domovoi', and you've passed by Doxy Lane a few times. You're also sure that there's a Bijoux Street somewhere around here...

Then again, you're kind of curious to see what this is.

You decide to...

A) Return the package to Brighid and Domovoi - They can probably re-send it, or figure out what to do with their misplaced merchandise.
B) Hunt down 'Caleb Peko' and deliver the package yourself - Is that legal? I dunno.
C) Open it yourself. Your present now.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 26, 2018, 03:50:47 PM
B. Afterwe finish breakfast (which must include coffee), a shower, and we get dressed.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 26, 2018, 04:02:55 PM
You decide that, in this great game of life, you will play the good neighbor! ...Except you're technically not this guy's neighbor, you suppose. You prepare your morning breakfast of GENERIC BRAND-Os and coffee, take a quick shower - I said a quick shower - Okay! Fine! A LONG-ASS shower, and then, towel as garb, you pull open your drawers. Whatever shall you wear?

A) A cute yet modern Autumnal outfit - It's totally Autumn! The creator is not in denial about this Eternal Midwestern Winter and is not projecting their wish for their favorite season onto this - With a nice black jacket, an orange shirt, a scarf, jeans, boots, the works!
B) A graphic tee featuring a cartoony red dog consuming a worryingly large blue apple with the words 'MMM YES TASTY' on it in big red letters along with a black hoodie and sweatpants. And crocs. Yessss crocs.
C) A sweater - Or jumper, if you're an un-American LOSER - with cute Winter-y folk-ish designs. You probably picked this up from a thrift store. Oooh, thrift shopping! Throw in some jeans and your grandfathers' old coat, and you're gonna pop some tags! This is freaking awesome!
D) Crop top and short shorts. And flip flops. It's 45 degrees outside because its totally Autumn and you're sTILL DRESSIN LIKE A THOTTIE because a HOE NEVER GETS COLD
E) White dress shirt and long black skirt. Throw in a wool cardigan and you've got the old angry librarian look DOWN.

Yes this is very important to the story I swear
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 26, 2018, 04:07:47 PM
A. Make sure our socks are wool. Dumbledore was right, one can never have too many pairs.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 26, 2018, 04:15:09 PM
You are feeling incredibly cozy with your cute Autumn attire, complete with - Yes - wool socks. So cozy.

You leave your apartment, being sure to lock the door, and you make your way down the sidewalk, your bright red package in hand. You reach a fork, either able to turn right, left, or to keep going straight...And you're not sure you remember, or even knew in the first place, where Bijoux Street was.

Hm...

A) Left.
B) Right.
C) Onwards.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 26, 2018, 04:35:29 PM
Can we ask someone for directions?
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 26, 2018, 10:53:38 PM
Nope!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 27, 2018, 12:35:18 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 01:00:50 AM
Onwards it is, then! You triumphantly continue forwards, crossing the street and continuing for quite a ways before you come across a street sign...

BIJOUX STREET

Success! You've picked the right path and found Bijoux Street! You make your way down the walk, checking the address on the package before stopping in front of a dilapidated old building with the familiar letters 3893 on it.

A) Knock on the door
B) Slide the package through the mail slot
C) Leave it on the doorstep, knock, and RUN AWAY
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 27, 2018, 02:25:27 AM
A.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 02:37:42 AM
You knock on the door, giving it a good few raps. You hear a muffled curse and the sound of several things crashing down, before a scruffy-looking man, probably about late 30s to early 40s, swings open the door, scratching at his stubble and brushing long, shaggy hair out of his eyes.

"Who is this?" He asks, an unfamiliar accent lacing his words. "Girl Scout? With the cookies?"

A) "Yes I am the girl scout with the cookies"
B) "No, actually, I have your mail."
C) "Girl Scout? Dude, I'm like 20."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 27, 2018, 02:48:15 AM
C.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 02:54:21 AM
"Girl Scout?" You ask. "Dude, I'm like 20."

He stares at you.

"I have bad eyes." He gruffly responds. "Colorblind. Blurry. Extremely nearsighted."

"Oh. You ever think about getting glasses?" You ask.

"Who are you?" He asks.

Time to Name Your Character! I'll accept whatever name is given as long as it isnt inappropriate or weird for the setting (the setting being a small old Autumnal city up North, and your character is an ordinary human with a human name).
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 27, 2018, 03:10:01 AM
Shenanigans (Nan) Walker.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 03:14:26 AM
That is,,,,,not a normal human name at all, I'd prefer a Normal Human Name for our Normal Human!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 27, 2018, 03:20:41 AM
Nancy Walker.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 03:31:27 AM
"I'm Nancy Walker." You say.

"Who."

"Nancy Walker."

"Who."

"Nancy Walker."

"Am I supposed to know you?"

"I...

A) ....Have a package that belongs to you."
B) ....You're on candid camera."
C) ....Am your long lost daughter."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 27, 2018, 03:46:43 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 27, 2018, 03:51:36 AM
A.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 27, 2018, 04:12:49 AM
Both A and C. “I have your package and also am your long-lost daughter”
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 27, 2018, 04:25:38 AM
Unless it's true, that sounds like a Very Bad Idea.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 05:48:58 AM
"I'm your long lost daughter." You sarcastically respond. He raises an eyebrow. "No, I have a package for you. The mail got mixed up, I guess." You show the package, which he gasps and immediately grabs.

"Konačno! Give it here, girl." He takes it and presses the package incredibly close to his face, presumably to read the address. "Finally, I thought they had figured me out..."

A) "Figured you out?"
B) "Why did you get it delivered if it's in the same exact town?"
C) "Konačno?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on March 27, 2018, 07:05:20 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 07:38:47 AM
"Konačno?" You ask, confused.

"Croatian. Means 'Finally'. I've been waiting for while." He mutters. "Was getting impatient."

You nod a bit.

A) "What is it?"
B) "Well, I'll be seeing you later, I guess. Bye."
C) "Why did you get it delivered if you live in the same town?"
D) "Why would it take so long if it's from the same town?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 27, 2018, 07:41:13 AM
A, because I am Nosy
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 07:51:45 AM
"What is it?" You ask nosily.

"It is very dangerous. Not for little baby human girls like you." He snaps, turning and moving the package away from you. "Thank you, this will help me lots. Bye bye."

He begins to shut the door.

A) Stop that door from shutting!
B) Say fine and leave.
C) Say fine and leave.....But sneak in later.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 27, 2018, 08:35:11 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 08:59:24 AM
"Fine. Bye!" You huff as the man slams the door in your face. Not the greatest interaction, but it's okay....You'll be back later.

You spend the rest of the day back at your cozy little house, wasting your day until nightfall. That's when you strike.

Finding yourself back at his house, you scan your options of entry.

A) Sneak in through the back
B) Climb through a window
C) Try the front door again
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 27, 2018, 09:22:18 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 27, 2018, 09:29:38 AM
A. Then if that doesn't work, C.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 09:30:03 AM
You sneak into the backyard, finding the backdoor and gently opening it. It fortunately makes no noise, and you're able to close the door before you take a step inside.

CRRRRREEEEEAAAAAAAK

Danged old floorboards...You hear footsteps coming your way. Quickly! You must hide!

A) Hide in the nearby coat closet.
B) Hide under the nearby table.
C) Run back out to the backyard.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 27, 2018, 10:07:12 AM
A.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 27, 2018, 10:13:02 AM
You quickly hide in the nearby closet, quietly shutting the door as you hear the footsteps get closer. All is quiet....

...And the footsteps get fainter, farther away, until you can't hear them anymore.

You're about to open the door, but you hear something behind you.

Nothing ominous, rather...something like a stone being dropped into water.

In a coat closet?

You frown and step towards the noise, finding that past the coats, there's a long set of stairs going downwards.

Is this the entrance to the basement?

A) Go down the stairs.
B) Leave the coat closet.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 28, 2018, 01:02:24 AM
A.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 02:44:14 AM
You head down the stairs, and your surprised to find it feels more like youre walking on wet stone than wooden stairs. You place your hand on the wall, and it too feels like wet stone - Like a cave?

You reach the bottom of the stairs. No going back now, you suppose. You notice a glass lantern with some sort of bioluminescant fungus growing on the inside of the glass, making it glow a faint yet decently bright blue-green. You pick it up and hold it in front of you. A small gasp escapes your lips as you see a vast dark lake, in what looks to be a great cavern. An old-looking dock, comprised of black wood, stretches across the lake, and you cannot see what lies on the other side.

You begin to walk across the dock, and you're just about halfway across when you hear something splash in the water.

A) Look at the water.
B) Keep walking.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 28, 2018, 03:43:26 AM
A.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 07:13:39 AM
Two huge, bright, glowing eyes, partially above the water, stare at you, reflecting amongst the black lake. The creature seems to be covered in thick, black, coarse hair and seems to be....human-sized.

(https://i.imgur.com/3xZwFpph.jpg)

A) Run to the other side
B) Turn back
C) Try to talk to the hairy water-creature
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 28, 2018, 09:08:30 AM
C.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 10:13:04 AM
"Hello," You start. "...Water thingy."

It just stares.

What do you say?

A) "What luxurious conditioner you must use!"
B) "Is this closet cave lake your home?"
C) "Do you know the grump in the house here?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 28, 2018, 10:14:50 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 10:30:23 AM
"What luxurious conditioner you must use!" You compliment the creature - It is true, it must use marvelous conditioner to achieve such luscious hair.

The creature rises further above the water a bit, seeming curious and maybe confused.

(http://i.imgur.com/lmENjpCh.jpg)

Perhaps it didn't understand? It doesn't seem to be hostile, though, so that's a good thing. You decide to continue complimenting it.

"Yes, your hair is so pretty and modern, it's styled very well, in fact, I'm very jealous! Do you perhaps have the number to your stylist?"

It stares. You can hear it softly breathing.

A) "Are you going to eat me?"
B) "Do you guard this dock? Or lake?"
C) "Can you help me out?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 28, 2018, 11:05:16 AM
B.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 11:54:37 AM
"Do you guard this dock?" You ask. "Or...lake?"

It doesn't move, but you hear it speak.

"......Pek-ka-kon-koi?" It chirps.

A) "Yes I am Pekakonkoi"
B) "Whomst?"
C) "What did you say?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on March 28, 2018, 12:05:23 PM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 01:13:20 PM
"What did you just say?" You ask, narrowing your eyes.

The creature raises a frail, black, hairy arm and points at you.

"Pek-ka-kon-koi." It wheezes again.

A) "Is that me?"
B) "Do you speak English?"
C) "Pekakonkoi."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 28, 2018, 01:15:21 PM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 01:20:11 PM
"Is that...me?" You point at yourself.

"You....Pekakonkai?" The creature hisses, tilting its head to the side.

A) "Yes, I am Pekakonkai."
B) "No, I am not Pekakonkai."
C) "You're Pekakonkai?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 28, 2018, 01:30:01 PM
B.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 01:59:38 PM
"No, I am not Pekakonkoi." You say.

The creature gurgles a bit, states at you, and then sinks under the water.

You wait a bit.

You wait a bit longer.

It seems to be gone.

You cross to the end of the black dock and reach the other side of the lake with no issue. You shine your lantern and find two doors: One with a smiling, wooden mask with a long red nose on it hanging against the fine red wood, the other with a somber, decayed wooden mask with an owllike face and two large, staring eyes hung against the door's fine black wood.

(http://i.imgur.com/Ohqytfm.jpg)

(http://i.imgur.com/AGg9uFv.jpg)

Which door will you open?

A) The red door with the smiling mask
B) The black door with the owl mask
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 28, 2018, 02:34:46 PM
Owl
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 02:37:52 PM
You open the door slowly with a loud creak - However, before you can see what's past the door, the owl mask falls down off the door to your feet.

A) Take the mask
B) Leave it
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 28, 2018, 02:42:30 PM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 28, 2018, 10:52:52 PM
You pick up the mask and walk through the door, finding yourself in....An alleyway? The door swings shut behind you, and upon attempting, you find you cannot re-open it. You turn to take in your surroundings.

It's...a cloudy day, when before it was a clear night. How could you have been down in that cave for so long? That hardly felt like more than an hour...And something about the air just feels....Different. Older? Newer? Unfamiliar.

You can hear the upbeat sounds of fiddles and peculiar woodwind instruments being played somewhere on the cobblestone street to your right. To your left you hear the sounds of glass shattering.

Which direction do you go?

A) Right
B) Left
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 29, 2018, 12:52:15 AM
Right
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 29, 2018, 04:53:09 AM
You step into the alleyway and head to the right, stopping when you see the street. The music seems to be a few streets over, and the street here is mostly deserted, aside from a bakery and a strange creature running about.

(http://i.imgur.com/qQM7iYa.jpg)

A) Approach the creature
B) Enter the bakery
C) Follow the music
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 29, 2018, 04:56:18 AM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 29, 2018, 06:10:59 AM
You enter the bakery, which is called 'TENEBROUS TREATS AND SWEETS', and freeze upon seeing the two individuals in the small shop - A pale, tall man with soft-looking blue hair, dressed in a black hat and cloak, and a woman with pitch-black skin, blonde hair, and a fanciful pink dress. On the woman's face is an old-looking wooden devil mask, smiling upwards, with small horns that don't do well to cover the small black actual horns poking out from under. Adorably, a small bow is tied on one of the woman's horns. Not-so-adorably, she slowly raises a cigarette to her lips as she and the blue-haired man stare at you.

(https://i.imgur.com/3Tj18NS.jpg)
(https://i.imgur.com/K60YI97.jpg)

"Here for the festival?" She asks slowly.

A) "Yes."
B) "What festival?"
C) "What are you?"
D) "What do you mean?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on March 29, 2018, 07:51:17 AM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 29, 2018, 09:05:07 AM
"What festival?" You ask.

"...The Harvest Festival." She responds.

"What?" You don't understand.

"Isn't that your mask for the festival?" She points a sharp finger at the mask you're holding. "Like the one I have?" She points her finger at her own mask.

"If you're looking for festival....festivities," The blue-haired man begins. "Your best bet would be to head for Liko Street."

A) "I'm not here for the festival."
B) "Where am I?"
C) "What's going on?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 29, 2018, 09:30:49 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 29, 2018, 09:59:15 AM
"I'm not here for the festival." You confusedly respond. Perhaps a harvest festival, with masks and such, was why these folk looked so....weird.

The obsidian-skinned woman made a 'hm' sound.

"-'s an odd-looking thing, innit?" She asks the blue-haired man. He chuckles a bit.

"Careful, now, Betty." He smirks. "I could take offense to that."

"Ah, sorry, sorry." The horned woman - Betty - Waves her arm in a dismissive manner before looking at you, the eyes behind her mask a bright golden, like a cat's. "What are you, anyways?"

"Betty!" The man gasps, and reaches a gloved hand out of his cloak to lightly slap Betty. "How rude." He grins.

"What? I'm curious. Haven't seen her around before." Betty shrugs. "You a huldra? Shadow? Ghost?"

A) "What are you talking about?"
B) "I'm a human."
C) "I'm an....owl?"
D) "What are you?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 29, 2018, 10:19:12 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 29, 2018, 10:45:51 AM
"I'm an....owl." You say. You quickly hold up the mask for emphasis.

"Is that so?" Betty asks, sounding curious.

"Could be. Looks a bit owly, even without the mask." The blue-haired man tilts his head to the side.

A) "And what are you, blue-haired dude, an anime scarecrow?"
B) "And what are you, Miss Betty, a Satanic Strawberry Shortcake cosplayer?"
C) "I do not look owly."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 29, 2018, 11:08:13 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 29, 2018, 01:37:48 PM
(http://i.imgur.com/3yaZNZ9.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/kEqT19Y.jpg)

He seems...incredibly confused. Betty stares at you somewhat in disbelief.

"You really must not be from around here." She observes. "Noah's a wight. He's a spirit. Where are you from?"

A) "I'm from Leafburrow."
B) "What's a Wight?"
C) "How does he not know about anime."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 29, 2018, 01:49:44 PM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 29, 2018, 01:55:42 PM
"I'm from Leafburrow." You respond.

"Leafbur...row?" Betty asks before exchanging a look with the blue haired man - Noah.

"Is that..." Noah puts a finger to his chin thoughtfully.

"Sounds like a human joint." Betty observes. "Hey, Owl Girl." She looks back at you. "...Do you know where you are?"

A) Yes.
B) No.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on March 29, 2018, 03:37:46 PM
B.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 30, 2018, 12:27:37 AM
"....No." You admit.

"Oh, dear." Noah chews his thumbnail a bit. "That's not a good sign. Ma'am, this may be an odd question to you, but...Are you a human?"

He and Betty stare at you, Noah seeming concerned and Betty seeming mildly suspicious.

A) Yes.
B) No.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 30, 2018, 12:27:59 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 30, 2018, 12:46:40 AM
"Uh, yeah, I'm human." You respond. What an odd question, 'Are you human'!

Noah and Betty exchange a glance.

"This is going to be a bit of a shock, but...You're not in Leafburrow anymore." He responds slowly, as if talking to a scared animal. "This Miken. It's a city for...monsters, I suppose. You're...hardly even in the human world anymore."

A) Laugh in his face.
B) Leave.
C) "What?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 30, 2018, 12:57:44 AM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 30, 2018, 01:00:35 AM
You stare. And then turn. And leave.

That...Was obviously some sick prank.

"Wait, wait, wait!" You hear Noah say before the door shuts. You're expecting him to chase after you, so you run a bit down the sidewalk to make some headway before realizing he didn't leave the bakery. Huh. You turn on a corner when suddenly you hear something growling behind you. Some kind of....animal?

A) Look behind you.
B) RUN AWAY.
C) Stay perfectly still.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on March 30, 2018, 01:44:59 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 30, 2018, 02:44:40 AM
(https://i.imgur.com/CUHqk33.jpg)

....It's the ugly weird thing you saw earlier outside the bakery.

It's growling and spitting up a storm, like an angry chihuahua....With horns and claws and rows of sharp, sharp teeth.

It seems to be staring at you as if it hates you with every fiber of its tiny being...Which is kind of adorable, except you're pretty sure this thing is rabid.

A) Run away
B) Kick it
C) Attempt to pet
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on March 30, 2018, 03:36:43 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on March 30, 2018, 06:46:30 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/iDEFCcX.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/NbSCO23.jpg)

Oh god it's screaming. It's screaming so loud. It sounds like if you mixed a baby with a goat with a possum.

Horrifying.

A) Keep petting!
B) CEASE PETTING
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on March 31, 2018, 03:48:24 PM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 01, 2018, 02:00:25 AM
(http://i.imgur.com/fn7vG11.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/Tdrgr8p.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/FXQQjgL.jpg)

(Forgive me for the hastily drawn legs and lazy background)

You have gained....a New Friend! You think this thing must be some kind of weird cat, maybe.

It deserves a name!

Name Your New Friend!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on April 01, 2018, 02:10:41 AM
Name it screech!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 01, 2018, 04:30:27 AM
You name your little friend Screech!

Now what shall you do?

A) Explore the area
B) Try to find food for Screech
C) Follow the music
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 01, 2018, 04:33:11 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 01, 2018, 09:55:16 AM
You follow after the sound of the music, Screech following after. However, as you walk about two blocks down you notice two things...
One, the streets all seem to be incredibly empty, although as you get closer to the music you can hear many, many cheerful voices along accompanying the merry tunes just about another block away.
The second thing you notice, however, is on the other side of the street, around a corner, you can hear unfamiliar voices, but familiar names.

"How do I look, Domovoi, do I look dashing? Do I look elegant?" A woman with a thick Irish accent jabbers. "I'm not supposed to wear the merchandise around, I know, but I mean, it's my store too, I can do what I wish with the merchandise! I can play dress-up, I'm Brighid! My name even comes before yours, which clearly means I'm the leader here. You gonna say somethin, Domovoi?"

Silence.

"That's what I thought, haha! This Festival'll be a blast. Maybe we'll be able to sell to people who aren't just trying to get us arrested."

Silence.

"Exactly! Can ya believe that Pekakonkoi? He must think we're idiots, sendin' us a letter askin' fer a damned book o' hexes. 'Oh, I'm not Pekakonkoi! I am Caleb Peko! I am human man!' What a bloody fool. Right, Domovoy?"

Silence.

"Riiiight."

The voices accompanying the music seem to be getting louder, which must mean you're close to the festivities.

A) Attend the festival.
B) Spy on Brighid and Domovoy.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 01, 2018, 10:09:43 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 06, 2018, 05:15:26 AM
(Okay I was GONNA draw a big ol' fancy festival scene but my motivation for art went from 100 to 0 super fast so!!)

You continue onwards and follow after the sounds of strings and woodwinds, eventually finding yourself about to enter a wide, crowded street lined with brightly-colored tents and stands. You realize very quickly that there seem to be many, many more people in costumes - Very good costumes, to be honest. The fur, and beaks, and teeth, and faces and eyes all seem so real! Your new little friend, Screech, hisses a bit at the crowd before using its tiny little claws to run up your pantleg and up under your zipped jacket, poking its little horned head out. You consider yourself very fortunate that those horns aren't large enough to stab at your face. Before you can step out, a woman slides off the sidewalk and stops in front of you upon noticing you, her antlers adorned with gold and multicolored jewels....Wait. Antlers?

You double-take.

This woman has an ornate set of large, tall deerlike black antlers emerging from her forehead. Aside from that, she seems perfectly normal, with an impressive poof of poofy black hair, a broad, muscular build, and dark skin that she's also adorned with various gold and jewels in the form of accessories, piercings, jewelry, etcetera. She narrows her purple-colored eyes at you before a smile crosses her face.

"Oh my Providence." She stares at you. "I know that mask you're holding! I love it so much, oh my goodness - That's a Licesova mask, isn't it? You must have good taste."

A) "Oh, thank you!"
B) "You have antlers!"
C) "Licesova?"
D) "Nice costume!"
E) "Providence?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 06, 2018, 10:26:52 AM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 06, 2018, 11:39:50 AM
"You have antlers!" You stammer, pointing a finger at the woman's black antlers.

"Huh?" Her eyes zip upwards before zipping back down to you. "Oh, these old things. I got them from my dad! Cernunnos and all. My mom was an adze, they hit it off, you know how it goes. They're impressive, aren't they? Anyways, I can't believe you have a Lic-"

Screech chirps from in your coat, and the antlered woman gasps.

"That's a real phooka? You have a real phooka?" Her eyes widen. "What's with those horns? What have you been feeding that thing, goats?"

A) "What's a Cernunnos?"
B) "What's an adze?"
C) "Phooka?"
D) "I named it Screech."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on April 06, 2018, 11:41:22 AM
D
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 06, 2018, 12:50:31 PM
"I named it Screech." You reply, looking downwards at Screech as it writhes around and spits.

"A good name for a little baby thing like that." The antlered woman nods. "A word of advice, though, apparent fellow mask enthusiast, you might already know this but you should keep an eye on what your phooka eats! It's either eaten a goat or a troll baby, and if it's the latter you might end up with a bigger problem on your hands than it nestling in your jacket." She smirks. "Anyways, what's your name? I'm Seenoir, but you can call me Se."

A) "I'm Nancy Walker."
B) "I'm Pekakonkoi."
C) "I'm Owl-Girl."
D) "....Wait what do you mean by troll baby and bigger problems,"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on April 07, 2018, 01:24:32 AM
D
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 07, 2018, 01:41:47 AM
"I'm..." You stop and frown. "Wait. What do you mean by troll baby, or 'bigger problems'?"

Se tilts her head to the side.

"That's a Phooka. They take on the characteristics of what they eat." She explains. "It's rare for them to take a liking to intelligent folk like us, but it seems like you tamed this one! ...Do you really not know about phookas?"

You shake your head.

"Or trolls?"

You shake your head again.

"Wow. What are you?"

A) "I'm a human."
B) "What do you mean?"
C) "I'm an owl."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on April 07, 2018, 01:58:11 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 07, 2018, 02:06:47 AM
"Im...." You hold your mask up. "..An owl."

Se laughs a bit.

"Alright, then! Well, ah, listen, I've got to go perform, but if you want to chat more, like, about masks or owls or phookas, I work night shift at the Home for the Unintentionally Relocated, on Kezli Street a couple blocks from here." She smiles before starting to turn away from you.

A) "Wait, perform?"
B) "Home for the Unintentionally Relocated?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 07, 2018, 02:12:01 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 07, 2018, 05:00:03 AM
"Wait, perform?" You tilt your head to the side. "What do you perform?"

"I dance during the festivals!" Se responds. "Folks like seeing my antler bangles move around."

"Oh. Uh -" Before you can say anything else, though, Se steps back into the crowd of people and leaves you and Screech alone. Your stomach rumbles a little bit and you realize you can smell various unhealthy-scented and unfamiliar foods being sold from the stands. You could go for some food...and from its behavior, so could Screech. You glance around.

"Fried fur-gator! Get your fried fur-gator here!" Shouts a vendor with three eyes, raising two sticks with fried meats that sort of look like chicken on them.

"Fresh fruit black tea with peacock's blood! Mango or Izzerberry! Get it while it's at its strongest!" Announces a woman with pointed ears.

A) Look into the fried fur-gator.
B) Look into the black tea with peacock's blood.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on April 07, 2018, 07:09:04 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 07, 2018, 02:02:31 PM
"Fried fur-gator! Get your-" The vendor stops and smiles as you approach. "Ah, a customer! Can I trouble you for some fur-gator?" He pokes a pair of wooden sticks with some tasty albeit greasy-looking fried and breaded meat speared on them.

"Sure." You reply. Screech chirps its own approval and hunger.

"That'll be 5 nokets!" He chirps. You frown.

"Nokets?" You raise a brow. "I don't have nokets. Just...dollars."

"Dollars?" The vender raises his eyes in shock. "Human currency? Oh, that'll do!"

You hand him a one dollar bill, which he takes greedily before quickly and enthusiastically handing you four sticks of breaded meat.

"Thank you for this." He smiles and bows his head, dollar in hand. "Enjoy your fur-gator!"

You decide to leave quickly with your food, not enjoying the suspicious way he'd begun to look at you. Screech begins to sniff at the meat and peeps a bit, clearly wanting some.

A) Feed Screech.
B) Don't feed Screech.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 07, 2018, 02:15:40 PM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 08, 2018, 02:33:40 AM
You offer one of the fur-gator sticks to Screech, who quickly chomps it all down rather greedily, stick and all, and chirps happily, wriggling around in apparent joy. Its fur is...kind of ticklish! You laugh a bit before taking a bite of fur-gator yourself - Whatever fur-gator is. Hm....It tastes kind of like catfish. Or oysters? Something seafood-y.
Not too bad! You finish your first stick, and then split the other two among you and Screech, who seems very eager to be fed. You make a mental note to buy a little bed and dog dish for it once you get back home, since clearly you and this little....'Phooka' are meant to be friendsies forever.

You glance around more, seeing other individuals selling jewelry, masks, trinkets, food....And you see a very familiar tall older man, an angered look on his face and a bright red package in his hands. The whole reason you came here!

A) Follow Caleb Peko.
B) Sic Screech on him.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on April 08, 2018, 02:35:57 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 08, 2018, 02:44:27 AM
You quickly begin to weave your way through the crowd of people who you're preeeetty sure are costumed, Caleb Peko in your sights! You follow as he hustles away from the crowds and darts around a corner, and suddenly...

You find yourself on an empty street, surrounded by shops and -

Oh? There's a shop that bears a large decorative sign that reads 'REPORT CRIMINAL ACTIVITY HERE! YOU THE PEOPLE HAVE THE POWER'. Across from it is what looks like a cafe with the sign 'Ecuary' above it. What does that mean?

A) Look in the criminal reporting area
B) Look in Ecuary
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 11, 2018, 11:41:28 PM
(Bump!)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 12, 2018, 06:48:25 AM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 13, 2018, 05:11:57 AM
You enter the cafe Ecuary, and are immediately greeted by a strange short adorable bipedal creature with feet like a bear cub's paws, little winglike arms, and wide staring eyes.

You love it so much.

The creature, wearing a tiny apron that reads 'SPECIAL BOY', smiles up at you.

"Welcome!" It chirps. "Here Ecuary. Sit!" You feel your hand being grabbed by its soft little wing oh my god it's so soft it's like a baby angel and tugged on lightly by the bear, owl, cat, thing as it guides you to a table. "Sit and eat! I am Doorowl. Order!"

You sit down and realize this thing...Doorowl...is taking your order? You scan the inside of the cafe - You can't see Caleb Peko. Drat!! You picked the wrong area.

A) "Actually, I'm looking for someone."
B) "I already ate."
C) "Cookies. I want cookies."
D) "I just went into the wrong building, sorry."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 13, 2018, 08:14:26 AM
C
I cannot disappoint this good special boy
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 13, 2018, 01:36:06 PM
As you stare at this good special boy, you find that you can't find it in your heart to turn him down. "Cookies. I want cookies." You say, to which the Doorowl smiles widely.

"Good choice! You are good taste. I get cookies! What -"

Screech, who had previously hidden itself further in your coat, pokes its head out lazily to yawn. The Doorowl yelps.

"New guest!! Sit, sit!" He chirps. Screech hisses and nestles further into your coat. Frustrated, the Doorowl trots a few steps away, grabs a stool, drags it over, and hops onto it to poke the Screech-shaped lump under your jacket.

"Siiiiit!" The Doorowl commands. Screech spits and crawls out of your coat - Woah, has Screech gotten bigger? - And sits down on its rump on the other end of the little table. You're reminded a bit of those pictures of cats and dogs sitting like people...The Door owl hops off the stool, scoots it back to its place in a corner next to a sign that says 'A SPECIAL LITTLE STOOL FOR A SPECIAL LITTLE BOY', and trots back to you.

"Sorry for inter-" He stops. "Int. Ter. Inter. Upt..." He seems frustrated, but shakes his tiny head indignantly. "Sorry for bad! Back to order. What cookies? We have on special the Dragonfly Macaroons and Snapperdoodles! Also Vanilla Puppypaws. Or get menu? I can get!"

A) Dragonfly Macaroons
B) Snapperdoodles 
C) Vanilla Puppypaws
D) "Can I see a menu?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 15, 2018, 11:33:56 AM
(Bump! Cmon fellas we can't leave this special boy waiting)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on April 15, 2018, 11:37:51 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 18, 2018, 04:41:31 AM
"The...." You think for a moment. "Dragonfly macaroons?"

The Doorowl chirps in delight.

"Yes, of course! I will get them for you, wait here!" And with that, he darts off, pushing open a small door built into a much larger door. And with that....you're alone.

~~ END OF PART ONE - NANCY WALKER POV ~~

~~ INTERLUDE - ??? POV ~~

"So you saw a human? Describe her to me."

"Ah..."

"Let's make it simple. Start with her hair?"

A) LONG
B) SHORT
C) MEDIUM
D) MEGA-LONG
E) NONE
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 18, 2018, 09:36:41 AM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 18, 2018, 10:38:54 AM
"Short hair. She had short hair."

"Uh-huh. And now how about the type of hair?"

"Do we really need to be taking so long?"

"Well, we don't have cameras, thanks to your friend over there, so we need detailed descriptions to properly apprehend an invading human. Hair type?"

A) "Straight."
B) "Curly."
C) "Wavy."
D) "Coily."
E) "Dreads."
F) Other (Specify)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 18, 2018, 11:32:03 AM
E
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 18, 2018, 12:11:13 PM
"Dreaded. She had, ah, she had short dreads!" You remember.

"Mm-hm. Hair color?"

A) "Blonde."
B) "Light brown."
C) "Dark brown"
D) "Black."
E) "Redheaded."
F) "White"
G) "Grey"
H) Other (Dyed hair, highlights, multiple colors, specify here!)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 18, 2018, 12:32:56 PM
D, with blue highlights :O
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 18, 2018, 12:35:13 PM
 "Black, with...blue in it??"

"Blue like your friend over there?" The lady writing this down motions to your friend in the corner.

"Uh, yeah."

"Was she tall, short, or average for a human? Give me an estimate here."

A) Tall
B) Average Height
C) Short
D) Very Tall
E) Very Short
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 18, 2018, 11:20:15 PM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 19, 2018, 12:12:10 AM
"Average height!"

"Alright. Build?"

A) Thin
B) Chubby
C) Buff 
D) Fit
E) Other (Specify)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 19, 2018, 02:34:07 AM
Chubby AND buff
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 19, 2018, 03:10:44 AM
"She was chubby and buff!"

"Like, beefy?"

"What does that mean."

"...Nevermind. Next up: Could you recognize her race or ethnicity?"

Specify Nancy's Race and/or ethnicity! Like 'White', 'Black', 'Latina', 'South Asian', etc! You can leave it like that, or be more specific, whichver youd like! If you'd like, you can say 'Ambiguous', or 'Afro-Latina', or stuff among those lines!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 19, 2018, 05:45:01 AM
Black
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 19, 2018, 12:24:46 PM
"Ah..." You frown.
 
"The term that humans use is 'Black'. Or...Uh, 'African American'? I think they mean the same thing." Your friend pipes up.

"I see." The person you're speaking to writes something else down. "Now, nose shape?" She slides a sheet of paper labeled 'Human Noses' with 7 types of human noses on it. Wow. How do humans deal with so many noses?

You notice that a man seated next to the woman seems to be drawing a woman with the features you've been describing.

A) Bumpy
B) Greek
C) Roman
D) Nubian
E) Hawk
F) Narrow
G) Turned-Up Nose
H) Other (Specify)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 19, 2018, 12:29:48 PM
G
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 19, 2018, 12:34:46 PM
"It, like...was turned up." You say.

"Okay. Eye color?"

A) Blue
B) Green
C) Hazel
D) Brown
E) Grey
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 19, 2018, 01:16:12 PM
E
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 19, 2018, 02:25:24 PM
"Grey eyes."

"Any unique or uncommon markings, traits, or modifications?"

A) Piercings (Specify)
B) Tattoos (Specify)
C) Prosthetics (Specify)
D) Unique Jewelry (Specify)

You can pick from all or none of the above, combining any you'd like as long as you're specific, like 'eyebrow piercings and a gold necklace' or 'a tattoo of a dragon on her neck and a prosthetic leg', that kind of stuff! Saying 'None' is also okay!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 19, 2018, 02:27:24 PM
None
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 19, 2018, 10:36:59 PM
"Ah, no. She didn't have any other unique attributes." You shake your head.

The person hums a but before turning to the man next to her, snatching his drawing from him.

"Is this your human?" She asks, holding up the paper.

(http://i.imgur.com/Bnyk1YQ.jpg)

A) Yes
B) No
Saying no will let you go back to whatever areas need ro be corrected and re-choose, changing Nancy's final design!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 19, 2018, 11:30:02 PM
Yes!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 19, 2018, 11:50:10 PM
"That's her." You nod. "That's absolutely her!"

"And she was seen with a Licesova mask...We'll find her." The woman smiles at you. "We'll make sure she's properly re-homed."

A) "Don't hurt her."
B) "Do you know how she could've gotten here?"
C) "Do you think she's dangerous?"
D) "Is she in danger?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 20, 2018, 12:28:54 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 20, 2018, 12:12:51 PM
"Do you think she's dangerous?" You ask. The lady opens her mouth, but shuts it and instead speaks with the one on her chest.

"I think that the worst she could do is see something she doesn't want to. Aside from that, she sounds like she'd be relatively harmless. I wouldn't worry too much." She looks at you, and then at your friend, Noah - He'd been standing in the corner eating the specially-ordered sweets you'd just baked for him. "You two may go now. We'll inform the authorities immediately. We'll find your human."

You nod and turn, walking out with Noah. He thinks for a bit.

"Perhaps I should contact Sybil about this." He mumbles to himself.

"Seriously? That sad, alcoholic nobody?" You ask.

"My friend, assistant, debtor, and the captain of my guard, yes." He smirks. "She's more than just tearful eyes and whiskey bottles, you know."

"Sure, but...why her? We can trust others a lot more."

"That's where I disagree. I can trust Sybil. It's literally impossible for her to betray me." Noah's eyes are darkened from the shade under his hat. You hesitate and then shrug.

"Alright. Let's send her a Doorowl or something."

~~ Elsewhere, in Ecuary ~~

"Wait, Doorowl, what is that woman sitting over there?"

"Don't know! Ordered macaroons! Give?"

"She looks.....human."

"No judge! Stop! You're mean!"

"No, I'm serious, Doorowl! We can't serve a human, we don't know what she wants, or why she's here!"

"Racist! No know if human!"

"You know what I mean! ...Here. Give her the stinking macaroons. But I'm calling the authorities!"

"Meanie!"

"Fat toddler."

The Doorowl pouts before grabbing a tray of macaroons and trotting out of the kitchen.

~~ END OF INTERMISSION ~~

What do you guys think so far?? Anyone got favorite characters??
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 20, 2018, 12:55:08 PM
I love the doorowl and I am so psyched for the return of Noah
I remember very little about him except that he was great and I’m sure he’s even greater with his return
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 20, 2018, 01:11:41 PM
I'm so glad you're psyched for Noah!! Getting to bring him and Sybil back is going to be so much fun for me!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 21, 2018, 01:22:13 AM
~~ PART TWO ~~

(http://i.imgur.com/kqR8Fgr.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/Dnt6JgY.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/J5SBo5f.jog)
(http://i.imgur.com/Nq5rMCq.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/4nswNiU.jpg)
(http://i.imgur.com/EJwS18i.jpg)

The Doorowl trots up to you, macaroons in wing. That's all swell...Until it announces that his boss is calling the cops on you? What did you even do??

A) "What did I do??"
B) "Do I have to pay for these?"
C) "Thank you, I'll eat quickly and escape without issue."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on April 21, 2018, 03:14:19 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 26, 2018, 11:22:50 PM
"What did I do??" You ask. The Doorowl seems confused.

"Do not know!" He shakes his head as he chirps. "But do not like it."

"No kidding."

"Boss is racist. Thinks you're human!"

A) "I am a human."
B) "That's ridiculous!"
C) "Why shouldn't I be a human?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 27, 2018, 12:29:22 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on April 28, 2018, 01:12:50 PM
"Why shouldn't I be a human?" You ask slowly. Doorowl shrugs again.

"Humans bad. King says so! Get in illegally, and cause trouble! Not all, though. Sybil is good! So I say humans are good. Boss says no, though."

A) "I'm a human!"
B) "I'm not a human."
C) "King?"
D) "Sybil?"
E) "Who's your boss?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on April 28, 2018, 01:49:09 PM
D
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on May 05, 2018, 02:25:52 PM
"Sybil?" You ask.

The Doorowl smiles.

"Sybil is nice! She's a human. I think? She's king's best friend! And captain of the royal guard! She is favorite customer. Tips lots!" He trots over to a nearby shelf and pulls out a small mason jar filled about a quarter of the way with small unfamiliar coins. The jar has a large piece of white tape on it with the words 'TIPS FOR SKÜLE' written on it in what looks sort of like pink crayon. "She says never give up on dreams. She's nice! So I think humans are nice. So I don't care if you're human. I just want to let you know about the boss."

A) "Should I be leaving?"
B) "How did Sybil get here?"
C) "So are humans bad or good?"
D) Give the Doorowl some Tips for Sküle
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on May 05, 2018, 04:20:30 PM
B.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on May 14, 2018, 12:13:35 PM
"How did Sybil get here?" You ask.

"No one knows!" Doorowl shrugs. "But I -"

"Mylashka!" A tall man with messy dark hair, dark skin, and four arms slams the kitchen door open. "Get back here into the kitch -" He stops upon seeing you and narrows his eyes. "Stop talking to my employee, you human freak."

A) Run away, leave the store!
B) "I'm not a freak."
C) "No!"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on May 14, 2018, 12:30:55 PM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on May 14, 2018, 12:40:48 PM
"No!" You huff. The man scoffs.

"What do you mean no? You're distracting my employee! If you're going to cause a fuss I'll call the guard!"

"You already called the guard!" The Doorowl protests.

"Shut up, Doorowl!" The man huffs. "Listen, you get out of my cafe!"

A) Get out of his cafe.
B) Stay and eat the macaroons.
C) Flip him off.
D) Grab the Doorowl and run.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on May 14, 2018, 12:56:21 PM
C. Then B, possibly followed by D.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on May 14, 2018, 01:11:45 PM
Unfortunately, Lee, you can only do one! C!!

You flip the man off and glare. He is DEEPLY offended.

"How dare you!" He growls. "How DARE you!" He beings to sternly walk over. Heck.

A) Run
B) Get Screech and Run
C) Get the Doorowl and Run
D) Grab both and Run
E) Stay
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on May 14, 2018, 01:23:54 PM
D. But maybe ask if they want to go first. Also, grab the macaroons.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on May 16, 2018, 11:36:28 AM
"Let's go!" You yell, and grab Screech and the Doorowl before standing and bolting out the door. Unfortunately, you dont exactly have the time to ask for their permission, or time to sneak a macaroon or two before you're out the door.

Quick! You need a place to go now that you're out of the cafe!! In front of you is that criminal reporting area you're sure Caleb Peko must have entered, and to your left and right are long, winding, empty streets.

A) Run left!
B) Run right!
C) Run into the criminal reporting area!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on May 16, 2018, 11:44:05 AM
A.
This girl is probably in all kinds of trouble now.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on May 16, 2018, 01:35:01 PM
You run to the left, and quickly find yourself darting behind an alleyway, hearing the angry voice of the care owner far behind you. You don't think he knows where you are. You sigh and sit down, setting down the Doorowl. You would set down Screech, too, but Screech is clinging to your jacket and purring wildly. The Doorowl seems very confused.

"Do you think I will get fired for that?" He asks slowly.

Before you can answer, however, you notice movement on the other side of the alleyway.

A tall man in a trenchcoat is sitting, glassy blind eyes staring at you without seeing. His long hair is messy, and a cigarette is lightly balanced in between his teeth.

Caleb Peko.

".....Who's there?" He asks slowly, his Croatian accent thick.

A) "The girl scout!"
B) "Nancy Walker."
C) "Pekakonkoi."
D) Run away!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on May 16, 2018, 01:38:56 PM
B.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on May 21, 2018, 11:31:14 AM
"Nancy Walker." You say.

He narrows his eyes, and then they widen. You notice that they...don't really look...real.

"You gave me fake book." He growls before he tosses a book you now notice he was holding at you. You notice bits of red wrapping paper taped to it, and you read the title.

'60 IRISH RECIPES FOR THE HOMESICK HOUSEWIFE by SAIORSE RYAN-HELLER

The Doorowl looks at the book and picks it up.

"Can I keep this?" He asks.

Caleb glares.

A) "Sorry about the book. I didn't know it wasn't the right one."
B) "You like to cook?"
C) "Why's the book important?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Julia The Bookworm on May 21, 2018, 02:03:39 PM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on May 23, 2018, 12:16:46 AM
"You.....like to cook?" You raise a brow at the book.

"What? No. No! That's not the correct book! I wasn't, I was supposed to get a book of magic. Now I look like a fool in front of royal guard!" He huffs. "You, little girl, gave me the wrong book - Wait. Why are you here?"

A) "Your basement is crazy."
B) "I live here!"
C) "I dunno."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on May 23, 2018, 01:49:02 AM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: ChaoticRhymer on May 23, 2018, 05:22:13 AM
Comment that he should take up the mistake with whoever sent it to him.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on May 23, 2018, 09:16:16 AM
(Unfortunately, Lee, that wasn't one of the options!!)

You shrug. You honestly don't really know.

Silence. He's still staring.

"I don't know." You specify.

"Why did it take so long for an answer?" He asks.

"She shrugged!" The Doorowl smiles. "Your eyes just don't work."

Caleb stares in the direction of the Doorowl. Yikes. The thing could've probably phrased it better...

"Tell your cat to shut up." Caleb growls.

A) "Apologize, Doorowl."
B) "No."
C) "Moving on..."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on May 23, 2018, 09:45:27 AM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on June 02, 2018, 01:12:02 PM
"No." You stick your tongue out.

"I am not a cat!" The Doorowl responds. "I am Mylashka!"

"....You are Mylashka?" Caleb asks.

"Yes!"

"....That is an adorable name." He decides. "Anyways, you are at fault for this, you 'Nancy Walker'! You sabotaged my mission. I had a mission!"

A) "Mission?"
B) "Not my problem."
C) "Call me Nancy."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on June 02, 2018, 02:43:52 PM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on October 27, 2018, 03:12:25 PM
"Not my problem." You sneer.

"It IS problem! You ruin my work!" Caleb snaps. "Do you not realize consequences? I am trying to protect humans!"

He seems to have gotten taller...or was he always tall? His voice sounds growly.

A) "What does a book have to do with protection?"
B) "I was only trying to help!"
C) "Are you okay?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on October 27, 2018, 03:16:30 PM
C
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on October 27, 2018, 03:35:34 PM
"Are...you okay?" You ask, cautiously.

He growls again. "You humans, all the same! I am trying to keep you safe, all you do is get in way!"

He looks taller now. Something's....wrong.

He closes his eyes, and another opens. A real one, bigger, in the center of his forehead.

A cyclops?

No, this feels different. A...

"Likho." The Doorowl - Mylashka - whimpers.

A) "Likho?"
B) "What's going on?"
C) Run.
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on October 28, 2018, 02:11:30 AM
Pick up the doorowl and run
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 04, 2018, 12:32:23 PM
You grab Mylashka and run away from Caleb, Screech still holding onto your shirt. What was that? You quickly find yourself crossed with a fork in the alleyways: You can keep heading forward, go left, or go right. Oh, jeez.

You hear a roar behind you. You glance behind you and see what you assume is a Likho. Caleb Peko stands tall, maybe eight feet, with a single large red eye and sharp fangs. You realize why his eyes seemed fake before - He was hiding his real one! Damn. He sure looks angry, though. He seems to be trying to adjust to seeing through his real eye, though. You have time to escape!

A) Go left
B) Go right
C) Run forwards
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 04, 2018, 01:53:38 PM
Forward
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 04, 2018, 02:07:25 PM
You rush forwards, hoping you can outrun the creature behind you - He hasn't started chasing, as far as you know, but he's still horrifying. You keep running, until -

CRASH!

You run directly into a white-haired woman with thick, black-rimmed glasses dressed in the blood red uniform of...a soldier? Or guard? It's hard to tell. The two of you fall onto the ground, you dropping Mylashka as well. The woman pushes herself up and looks at you at first with anger, and then with confusion.

"Wh....Wha?" She frowns, looking at you, the Doorowl, and Screech, who's still clinging to your chest. "Th'Hell are you doin', running into people, lady?" She asks. Her speech is slightly slurred.

A) "I'm running away from a Likho."
B) "I'm in danger."
C) "None of your business, lady!"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 04, 2018, 02:53:53 PM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 06, 2018, 03:48:12 AM
"I'm in danger." You tell her. She frowns at you, her irises bright red.

"You are...?" She looks in the direction you were running from and her eyes widen. "Oh, god!" She yelps and stands up. "Pekakonkoi!" She reaches to her side and grabs a long, silver sword.

Caleb - Pekakonkoi? - Sees this woman and suddenly seems...much less angry. More...scared?

"Sybil." His voice is a soft growl. "This was an accident - Misunderstanding - Did not mean to, wasn't going to-"

"Pekakonkoi, this's your fifth offense." The woman - Sybil - slurs slightly as she points her sword at Caleb. "You know th'rules. The King's pardoned your last few attacks but dang'rous creatures like you who can't control their feral urges belong in th' Menagerie."

"I am not dangerous." Caleb protests. "Trying to help the King! That girl ruined it! This is not my fault!"

"Pekakonkoi, surrender to my authority or I'll hafta summon th'rest of the royal guard." Sybil threatens. "You're clearly attackin' innocents, publicly dropping yer glamour, scarin' a Doorowl, and resisting arrest, all'f which are real...real bad crimes."

This guard woman trying to defend you smells of fruity alcohol.

"Sybil, friend, you are drunk. Put your sword away and I'll shift back and I'll, ah...I walk you home so you can rest!" Caleb tries to reason.

"Surrender!" Sybil frowns. "Stop talkin' and start, ah...surrendering!"

"Nancy Walker!" Caleb looks at you with his single eye. "Vouch for me, ah. Friend? I did not hurt you!"

A) "You totally hurt me."
B) "You were going to hurt me!"
C) "Yeah, he didn't hurt me."
D) "What's even going on?"
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 06, 2018, 03:51:59 AM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 06, 2018, 04:16:34 AM
"You were going to hurt me!" You yell back.

"What? What made you think-?" Caleb sounds genuinely confused before looking down at his clawlike hands and then looks at Sybil. "This is all misunderstanding. Cannot trust her, she's...she's human!"

"I'm human." Sybil huffs. She then raises her sword into the air and stabs it deep into the ground. From the sword's impact, a black shadowlike substance began to emerge, snaking across the ground and splitting into other coils before snaking up the walls.

"No, wait! I'm not being aggressive!" Caleb protests.

From these shadows on the wall, three people emerge - Black-haired, black-eyed, and wearing similar uniforms to Sybil, although these uniforms are also black. The tallest one reaches into...himself, and pulls out a black scythe.

Caleb backs away.

"Wait, listen. It's a mistake, the King said I deserve second chances!" He yelps. The other two reach into themselves and take out similar weapons - Knives and a chainsaw.

Caleb turns and runs away.

"After him!" Sybil yells. The three shadowy people chase after him. Sybil pulls the sword from the ground and turns to face you. "You....are you okay?"

A) "Yes."
B) "No."
C) "I don't know."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 06, 2018, 06:01:06 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 06, 2018, 03:09:06 PM
"That's good ta hear." Sybil smiles. "Noah's Shadows should catch that guy an' take him back to the palace fer a trial. He's a repeat offender, y'know. Doesn't unnerstand that we have rules down here, to keep dangerous creatures from attackin' y'know?"

"Ah, yeah." You guess you know. Sort of.

"So...Be real with me here." Sybil raises a brow. "That man said you were human. I haven't seen another human in..." She stops and her expression fades a bit before she smiles again, this time sadder. "A while. Are you really human?"

A) "Yes."
B) "No."
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 06, 2018, 04:18:32 PM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 07, 2018, 03:37:13 AM
"Um...Yeah, I am." You respond.

She looks you over, and then looks at Mylashka and Screech.

"Have...ya been here for a while?" She asks, cautiously eyeing Screech. "Y'seem to have made some friends an' enemies."

A) "I've been here for a couple hours."
B) "I don't know."
C) "How long have you been here?

(Also, what would you guys say if I added in opportunities for you guys to make your own choices instead of picking from letters? Like saying 'Let's investigate the strange wall!' when I ask what to have Nancy do, instead of picking from A, B, or C!
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 07, 2018, 06:01:40 AM
A

(Maybe both? Like options but one of them is customizable)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 07, 2018, 10:56:25 AM
"I've been here for a couple of hours." You shrug. Sybil looks at you with sad eyes.

"...You're not gonna be able to go home." She speaks, sounding a bit soberer.

A) "What do you mean?"
B) "You're wrong."
C) "I can find a way home."
D) Other (Specify)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 07, 2018, 11:53:44 AM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 07, 2018, 12:09:14 PM
"What do you mean?" You ask.

"You've seen the world below ours." Sybil shrugs. "There's too much here that would pose a risk to the humans above. Noah, er, the King wants his people protected. It's just...Too dangerous to let humans who've seen this realm go back. Noah will forbid it."

"Is that why you're here?" You ask.

"Sort of," Sybil admits. "My coming here was more...out of a deal. But nevermind that. As the Captain of the Royal Guard, I can't just let a Doorway go unnoticed. I'll need to know its location so I can have my men take it down."

A) Tell Sybil
B) "I don't remember where it was."
C) Refuse to Tell Sybil.
D) Other (Specify)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 07, 2018, 12:21:27 PM
Say I’ll tell her if she lets me go back, and I promise I won’t tell anybody
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 07, 2018, 03:30:10 PM
"I'll tell you if you let me go back home." You say. "I won't tell anyone - I promise."

Sybil's expression gets a bit sadder.

"I wish that I could let you leave. I really would if I could, I swear. I don't blame you. But I...can't let you leave. I literally can't."

"What?"

"It's - It's just stuff with the King. I just...I want to help you, Ms. Walker, but my loyalties lie with Noah Ragnarok. Please, just tell me where the Doorway is." She sounds pleading. "I promise, I'll make sure things are good for you here. I can do that. But I can't allow you to leave."

A) "Why can't you just let me go?"
B) "Fine, I'll tell you."
C) "How can you make things good here?"
D) Other - Specify
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 07, 2018, 04:11:27 PM
A
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 08, 2018, 04:18:24 AM
"Why can't you just let me go?" You ask.

"Noah won't allow it." Sybil simply responds. "It's...supernatural stuff, okay? I can't explain it. Come on, just make this easier for both of us and tell me where the Doorway was."

A) Tell Her
B) Don't Tell Her
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 08, 2018, 05:59:02 AM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 08, 2018, 03:42:02 PM
"No. I'm not going to tell you." You frown.

Sybil sighs.

"Fair enough, then." She rubs her eyes. "I'm not drunk enough for this."

She then points her sword at you.

"Nancy Walker, in the name of King Ragnarok, you are under arrest for hiding the location of a Doorway from the Miken Royal Guard."

A) Run
B) Attempt Reason
C) Other - Specify
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 08, 2018, 06:14:42 PM
Just “okay” totally deadpan
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 15, 2018, 11:55:32 AM
"Okay." You deadpan.

Sybil blinks. "You don't seem very perturbed by this." She observes. "Have you been arrested before?"

A) Yes
B) No
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 15, 2018, 04:10:49 PM
B
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: GreyCaboose on November 15, 2018, 04:16:50 PM
"Nope." You shrug.

"....Weird." Sybil decides. "Here, can you hold your hands out? I need to cuff you." She lowers her sword to reach for her belt.

A) Hold your hands out
B) Run Away
C) Other? (Specify)
Title: Re: (Choose Your Own Adventure!) Monsters Are Harsh; Especially To Humans
Post by: Panzercrappitastica on November 15, 2018, 04:25:41 PM
Don’t raise my hands, just stare into her eyes