Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Being Pretty Minded  (Read 9670 times)

krysti-la

• Ture Statement
Being Pretty Minded
« on: November 14, 2009, 02:14:14 PM »

I recently read this post: http://scottwesterfeld.com/forum/index.php?topic=64.0   
It made me think. During the course of me reading the Uglies series, wondered the same thing. On the post linked above Ali-wa said This:

"well i know you don't want to be exactly "pretty-minded" like the pretties in the book.....i was just thinking if everybody wasn't offended from others opinions, points of views, or thoughts, mayb we wouldn't be caught up in so much war and stuff..."

i wanted to let everyone know that this can happen without lesions! There is something called shifting. it is when you say in your head i want to be happy and you can become happy. also i wanted to point out that we dont need lesions to *not be offended by others opinions* it is our choice, we can choose to be happy, its all in how you view things, I, personally shrug things of because i who i am and no one can define me.

i just wanted your opinions on the subject (the opinions on shifting and choosing your on mood and ways of reacting)

Krysti-la

"What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful."

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
Re: Being Pretty Minded
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 02:21:23 PM »

You have a good point
Westerforum Resident Multi-Genre Music Lover

krysti-la

• Ture Statement
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 02:35:02 PM »

i think i have.. lol but what are your opinions on it (i wanna b a psycologist so i wanna c the way people think) tally said something like 'i am the only one messing with my brain from now on in specials'
"What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful."

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 11:54:22 PM »

i've heard about shifting too krtsti-la but i never actually knew it was called shifting. you're right i suppose it does all depend on your outlook on life its just difficult sometimes to always think positive especially for people who have difficult lives or low self esteem. i think it would be really good if people did think like that cos its nice to be able to hear other peoples ideas and views without getting really defensive of your own. but it can be horrible if people say mean stuff about you -i can laugh stuff off if its a joke but im also quite sensitive so i would love to always be able to just shrug everything off but i would probably find that difficult  :(  i want to be a psychologist too btw krysti-la  :D
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 04:03:30 AM »

i think i have.. lol but what are your opinions on it (i wanna b a psycologist so i wanna c the way people think) tally said something like 'i am the only one messing with my brain from now on in specials'
Coolness that sounds cool

Leeny-wa

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 12:13:22 PM »

I think. A lot. I'm pretty smart, so naturally my brain is always thinking about different situations I've been in, things i've said, ect.
And honestly, I shift to being pretty-minded. Often.
It so much easier to think pretty thoughts, and concentrate on trifling matters, then to linger constantly on the numerous other things i could be thinking about.

I enjoy that feeling of having nothing to worry about. I check my face in the mirror constantly. I make my appearance virtually flawless, or as close as I can get. I act like a bubble-brain.
It helps. Kind of like a coping mechanism. I can just shut my brain for a while.

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »

Guess what my brain never shuts off

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 11:03:47 PM »

i'm sort of academically intelligent but im a bubblehead in practical stuff like reading maps or anything mechanical lol . i worry a lot- about my friends, my appearance, my exams... i try to make my face almost flawless too leeny-wa but my appearance is something that genuinely does bother me cos im quite self conscious but as well as worrying about appearance i worry about other stuff. i'm sort of like that treya-chan my brain is constantly thinking about something.  i can't just shut off- if i need to do that i have to fall asleep. but i'm not a person who just runs around always panicking about stuff- i tend to just keep stuff in my brain and talk about more fun stuff with other people  :)
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 05:56:55 AM »

I see I see

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 10:23:35 AM »

If your brain would shut off you would die cuz it would not tell your body to breath TA DA!!! LOL!

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 10:29:27 AM »

Sweet Man

Treya-Chan

• Dauntless at Heart
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 10:35:52 AM »

Dude