Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25

Author Topic: Meet-up #2 of 2012  (Read 72075 times)

Phantom

• Veni, Vidi, Vici - Julius Ceasar
Re: Meet-up #2 of 2012
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2012, 10:40:49 AM »

Inspiration to write in the first place?
-Veteran of the Spam Wars.
Also a Casualty thereof.
There were just so many...
It was Thermopylae, 1 vs. 100,000

Moonie

• Barking princes.
« Reply #181 on: October 21, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »

Oh god moonie don't ask that what if he pulls a Hussie and is like I SEE EVERYTHING

HE PROBABLY WILL AND I WILL CRY

HE PROBABLY KNOWS WHAT MY TUMBLR IS (i'm so so so sorry scott if so)

lids_ftww

« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2012, 10:41:22 AM »

There's an interview that you said your new book would be a meta-paranormal romance. Is that right? What does it means?

cece la

« Reply #183 on: October 21, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »

HI SCOTT!!! its my first time at a meet up i luv you!!!!

1. how did you come up with a relationship with zane in pretties
2. is there going to be an uglies movie???
you either jump out and live like you want to live or you stay a normal person who doesnt stand out.... im pretty sure you know which one i am!

Dinosaurs-in-Airplanes

• Swimming Dragon
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2012, 10:42:10 AM »

How did you come up with all the characters in Leviathan? Are some of them based on real people?
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" - Haikyuu

--Member of the small jaw club-- c:

sandy5

« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2012, 10:42:16 AM »

How did you get the idea to have Dr Barlow as a character in the Leviathan series?
"I would sacrifice my happiness for yours without a twinge
Though you should never know about the gift
If I might hear, far off as in a dream,
A little of the laughter I had brought."
-Cyrano de Bergerac

monkeys_r_us

• The Westerforum's Resident Ghost
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2012, 10:43:27 AM »

What would Alek and Deryn think about Legend of Korra if they ever watched it?

Also, *gives you a piece of virtual strawberry rhubarb pie*
Boo! I am the forum ghost!

Moonie

• Barking princes.
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2012, 10:43:27 AM »

So what did Lilit do after Goliath? (Meet Adela and fall in love is my best guess.)

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
« Reply #188 on: October 21, 2012, 10:43:44 AM »

Oh god moonie don't ask that what if he pulls a Hussie and is like I SEE EVERYTHING

At least you aren't like "I WANT TO MAKE OUT WITH EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE" or creepy like that
Hello. First off, Iím really enjoying reading the Uglies series. I recently finished reading Pretties and am looking forward to reading the rest! Thanks so much for a great story. 

During my reading of Pretties, I noticed that the story is fairly dependent on the fact that Zane and Tally needed to heat their metal interface cuffs in order to get them off. Youíve probably already had people point this out, but since metal expands when heated, the cuffs would have actually gotten tighter, not looser. Although, if they were heated enough that the metal became pliable, they could have come off that way. (If you want a more lengthy explanation, I posted one on the Uglies Forum.)

Iím curious, was this an oversight on your and your editorís part, or were Zane and Tally just a bit misinformed and got lucky when the metal got heated enough to become pliable?

Thanks so much!

Please answer this it's a serious question...

He answered that...

Where please?

Back somewhere. He said they became pliable.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
« Reply #189 on: October 21, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »

Why did u decide to give David a complex haircut in the manga? He's never been to a barber so shouldn't he have kind of crazy person hair?

sandy5

« Reply #190 on: October 21, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »

Hoffmanhoffmanhoffmanhoffmanhoffman?
"I would sacrifice my happiness for yours without a twinge
Though you should never know about the gift
If I might hear, far off as in a dream,
A little of the laughter I had brought."
-Cyrano de Bergerac

Emma-la

« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2012, 10:45:24 AM »

At least you aren't like "I WANT TO MAKE OUT WITH EVERY ONE OF THESE PEOPLE" or creepy like that
Hello. First off, Iím really enjoying reading the Uglies series. I recently finished reading Pretties and am looking forward to reading the rest! Thanks so much for a great story. 

During my reading of Pretties, I noticed that the story is fairly dependent on the fact that Zane and Tally needed to heat their metal interface cuffs in order to get them off. Youíve probably already had people point this out, but since metal expands when heated, the cuffs would have actually gotten tighter, not looser. Although, if they were heated enough that the metal became pliable, they could have come off that way. (If you want a more lengthy explanation, I posted one on the Uglies Forum.)

Iím curious, was this an oversight on your and your editorís part, or were Zane and Tally just a bit misinformed and got lucky when the metal got heated enough to become pliable?

Thanks so much!

Please answer this it's a serious question...

He answered that...

Where please?

Back somewhere. He said they became pliable.
Is that bad...?
ďThe only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.Ē
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

cassaru

« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2012, 10:45:45 AM »

I don't think he has the time to go through tumblr if he doesn't go through all the forums guys, haha.

Hi Scott! I'm new here, in a fit of fortuitously good timing I *just* finished the Leviathan trilogy yesterday and have been scouring these forums and Q&A sessions for anything more I can get my hands on! Purchased the Manual too.

I was just wondering:

Dr. Barlow mentions on a number of occasions that she thinks the lorises are "defective" in the books. Was this her attempt at humour, or did she actually imagine them differently? If so, how different were her expectations for them?

monkey_gamer

« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2012, 10:45:56 AM »

Has anyone offered to make a Risen Empire movie? The Risen Empire is AMAZING! Especially the first couple of parts, with the super speed Rix, the orbital dropships and the protective goo, the servomotors that bypass injuries so soldiers can keep on fighting, the infostructure, the heads up displays, the railgun bombardment, the microdrones, the little quote, "the rix are like subatomic particles, you can't be certain of their location until they are dead" and the sapient house. It was almost too much too handle.

Where did you get your ideas for the Risen Empire?

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
« Reply #194 on: October 21, 2012, 10:46:06 AM »

If I want to become a writer do I have to leave my nice comfortable little Midwest Winter wonderland/God forsaking land where poplar bears dwell and move to NY or some big city?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25