Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: True Scott Westerfeld Fans  (Read 5421 times)

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
Re: True Scott Westerfeld Fans
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »

Same, now that I have my copy.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 03:22:16 PM »

Hahaha Vancouver just became super popular all of a sudden because of the Olympics :p finally some recognition! Meant authors! Cassie Clare came too! And james dashner but I missed that one :( oh right and Rick riordian!!

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 03:38:51 PM »

Yeah I felt so out of place! So many children! And we didn't even get to meet him. Too many people for that. It was funny though; held in a Greek orthodox church

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 03:45:21 PM »

Man, the only major city where Scott-la would possibly come for a book signing is an 8 hour drive away. :I

gavinfuzzy

• "I Shall Stand... ...The Rest Shall Fall"
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 11:52:21 PM »

Clementine's an online novel I think...
Though they just came out with a new one AND I GOT IT TODAY!

Clementine is so rare because it's the only book of the series published by Subberteranian Press, and not TOR. It was supposedly a hardcover-only run, later published in softcopy. Still rare.

I picked up Dreadnaught and Ganymede from Standford's bookstore while I was visiting. $15 each. Not bad. Ordered Boneshaker from Amazon previously.... Now I need Clementine and Inexplicables. (I do own a advance reader copy of Inexplicables though, sans the nice cover)

The only of scott's book that made it to mainstream release here is Goliath and MOA. Dammit MOA, you're taking up so much shelf space. No one wants to buy you! Not when the shop does not even sell the book series you're based on. *facepalm*

NO JOKE I SERIOUSLY LIVE IN A WELL-KNOWN AND MAJOR U.S. CITY WHY THE HELL CAN'T HE EVER COME HERE?!!! I'm sure he would get tons of fans!!!

You all are making me jealous  >:(

Don't worry, I live in Asia. No chance of getting ANY writer to sign any of you books. Ooh, except Cherie Priest, I have her sig in The Inexplicables.

I know dat feel.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:55:58 PM by gavinfuzzy »
Please hold while I create a new sig~

Check out my Deviant Art too ^_^ http://gavinlimkj.deviantart.com/

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2013, 01:56:42 AM »

Yeah I felt so out of place! So many children! And we didn't even get to meet him. Too many people for that. It was funny though; held in a Greek orthodox church

October 7th meeting crowd complilation; 80% screaming tween girls with wet pants for Alek, 5% regular teens, 5% teen cosplayers, me.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Bea-la

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2013, 10:39:34 AM »

Ugh I wanna see Scott-la so bad.  The closest he came to me was New York City and my parents weren't too keen on the idea of driving several hours just so I could see him.  Needless to say they don't quite understand....

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »

I've read all his books (except Killing of Worlds, partway through that now though). I want Scott to sign my Kindle... all I have are the e-books.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2013, 12:29:50 AM »

by all series I hope we don't mean ALLL of them. because that one really obscure science fiction series is like impossible to find  and I don't like ordering on line because shipping to cananda is a bitch :P
You mean Succession?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 2 [3]