Scott Westerfeld Forum

Poll

why do you not like the host?

the author who wrote it
read the book and just didnt like it for some reason
havent read it
actually did kinda like the book

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: why do people not like the Host by Stephanie Myer?  (Read 2757 times)

Eraisuithiel

Re: why do people not like the Host by Stephanie Myer?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 04:03:43 PM »

I honestly tried to read it. But I could not get into it whatsoever. It just bored me, I‘m sorry to say. And there‘s just something about Smeyer‘s ‘writing style‘ that irks me. Yeah yeah, blah blah blah ‘don‘t judge a book by the author who wrote it‘. So sue me for not liking a book I haven‘t finished reading because I hate the author.

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 08:13:29 AM »

I guess my suggestion if you want to get people to like the book is have them read it before they try Twilight.

TractionEra

• Half-truths Are Fun!
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 09:51:51 AM »

That may work in pre-industrialized nations (and North Korea), but Twilight is fairly well known to the rest of us. You don't have to read it to understand the problems with Meyer's characters and the other problems with her writing, it can be found out through hear-say alone. Give me all the flak you want for not liking Twilight without reading a sentence of the filth, but I'll stick with vampire books, where-in unconventional vampyres exist, that are written by respectable authors.

Reenie-La

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 06:31:24 PM »

In all honesty I think the whole vampire theme should have stopped with the original Dracula. Nothing else vampy ever should have been written. At least the Twilight wouldn't be in existence.

As far as The Host goes, the movie interests me but mainly because of the trailer's song "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons. I mean I'd watch the movie only because the music in it's previews were kick-arse -- probably won't read the book tho just because of the author.

Bea-la

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 10:03:11 PM »

In all honesty I think the whole vampire theme should have stopped with the original Dracula. Nothing else vampy ever should have been written. At least the Twilight wouldn't be in existence.

As far as The Host goes, the movie interests me but mainly because of the trailer's song "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons. I mean I'd watch the movie only because the music in it's previews were kick-arse -- probably won't read the book tho just because of the author.
I can't believe someone else thought that!  I saw the trailer and was like... holy shit that movie looks like the awesomest thing ever, all because of the music.

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 03:41:27 AM »

But there are tons of awesome vampire books... The Vampire Chronicles... Let the Right One In... Salem‘s Lot... Lost Souls... The Saga of Darren Shan... Vampire Kisses (:p) I just don‘t consider Twilight to be about vampires AT ALL

I haven‘t seen previews anywhere for this movie :I

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 05:02:52 AM »

I'm more partial to zombies. But I love Buffy so that's about the only vampires I like :p spike is just way too awesome

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

Princess Pikachu-La

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 12:32:18 AM »

Half of Meyers' characters have no flaws whatsoever, which absolutely kills me. Other than that it was okay and yes, the only reason I want to watch the movie is also because of Radioactive.
"Waffles? Why are there waffles in a place of learning? What is this madness?!"
                                  -Parys   <3
Pages: 1 [2]