Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Favorite Uglies quotes?  (Read 15532 times)

graciousserendipity

Re: Favorite Uglies quotes?
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2013, 02:34:55 AM »

Probably 1 of my last fave quotes is in Shay's Story. It's by Shay: "This whole game is just designed to make us hate ourselves."
This Quote Question: Do u think, even though it's in the manga and not the Uglies book, that it would be good to put this quote in the Uglies movie for the non-readers to understand the concept better?
Personally, I think it would be a great quote for the movie, in a scene when Shay is trying to convince Tally to go to the Smoke with her.

Other Question: Do u think that Pretties quote, with Tally figuring out that Dr. Cable had been tricky, would be good in the Pretties movie (if there is a movie), for non-readers understanding the concept of book again? Once more, personally like it for movie.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2013, 02:42:04 AM »

Shay actually did say that in the book, there was just a little more emphasis on it in Shay's Story. I, personally, want all of the quotes to be in the movie. But,  alas, that is not possible. I definitely want "This whole game is just designed to make us hate ourselves" and "What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful" and the scene when Tally finds out that Cable was tricky and Zane's speech to Special Tally. Again, though, it'd be best if they'd just follow the book to the letter ::) It would also be pretty bad if they misquoted the book. Like in Lord of the Rings, "you shall not pass" is actually "you cannot pass" in the book. Except it would be worse in Uglies, because every single word is absolutely perfect and changing even a letter of it would be corruptive.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

graciousserendipity

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2013, 04:55:44 AM »

U definitely r obessessed with how good it will be from book-to-movie. Well, I can understand that. I really loved the 5th Harry Potter book, like with Harry teaching "Dumbledore's Army", when the Weasley twins left Hogwarts, creating havoc and terrifying Umbridge in their escape, and the ending battle, especially before the Order arrived to help the kids. But when it became a movie, I was really disappointed, especially on my fave parts, and how they changed it to Cho revealing everything, but I guess at least that would have been better to be put in the book than her friend being the tattle-tale. Anyway, I was just sad, but it's hard to put a novel of about 1,000 pages perfectly, or at least meeting ur high standards, onto the screen. The 6th movie kinda disappointed me, too. The producers considered having those movies being made into 2 parts each, like the 7th, to add more in. I wish they had, but then there would probably be too many Harry Potter movies.
Like u, I hope they do an excellent job for the Uglies movie. I have high standards for it, too, as I absolutely loved the novel and have waited so long for big-screen time! I especially want a good job with both how the hoverboards/flying on them and how the "Rusty ruins" (definitely the broken roller coaster) look. I want them to include Tally meeting the Native American tribe while going off to the Smoke as well, 'cause I just liked her finding them and being treated like a goddess.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 04:59:27 AM by graciousserendipity »

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2013, 05:08:54 AM »

For some reason, I really want them to get what riding on the hoverboard looks like right. Maybe because that was actually described in the book...
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2013, 06:55:07 AM »

I'd rather have Uglies as a show than a movie even though the cost of production would be too expensive. There's just too much important details that can't be covered in two hours and I'm very detail-oriented. Plus, the characters and events would develop more naturally.
"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2013, 07:19:54 AM »

Yes! Like Midnighhters! Although I have no idea if that's actually happening still :-\

- Catvomitsky

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »

I don't think so :(

Scott hasn't announced anything about it for a long time :/
"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath
Pages: 1 2 [3]