Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Hello, I'm new here!  (Read 2918 times)

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~
Hello, I'm new here!
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:44:59 AM »

My name is Lily and I'm 18 years old. I've read the Uglies series, Peeps, the Midnighters series, and the Leviathan series. I just finished the Leviathan series yesterday and I am in love with it!! Deryn's and Alek's relationship developed very well and they turned out to be a really cute couple. I can go on about Leviathan.. but anyways, I love all of the Westerfeld books I've read so far and I'm looking forward to read his other works. I joined this forum because I would like to engage in some of the discussions here and share my thoughts and opinions on Mr. Westerfeld's books :). It would be lovely if you guys introduced yourselves here and I would like to know what Westerfeld books you have read and which ones you like the best. :)

"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath

Eraisuithiel

Re: Hello, I'm new here!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 08:53:22 AM »

Welcome to the forum. Im Rai~ c:
Aaaand Ive read all of Scott-las teen books, with Uglies, Midnighters and Peeps being my favourites :3

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 09:28:45 AM »

Hi! I'm Clare, or Kira if you prefer ^^ Or whatever you wanna call me, I'm down for whatever :P Welcome to the forum, new people are great :D

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »

Welcome! I am Panzercrappitastica Bonechomper, in reference to Bogus to Bubbly, but mostly I'm just called Pan, which makes more sense. I'm actually pretty new too, I only got here a month ago... also; YAY for someone else who's read a lot of Scott-la's books (versus just one series)! I've read all the ones you have and So Yesterday and Succession (very few people have read Succession... :() I actually keep a book journal keeping track of what books I've read and how I liked them; and all of Scott's books I rated 5/5 stars; except So Yesterday, which I rated 4.5/5 stars. In addition to the books, I also read Stupid Perfect World (a short story by Scott) and an article about Buffy that he wrote...
I am completely obsessed with Scott. I hope you enjoy the forum!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 02:58:51 AM by Panzercrappitastica »
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

LittleK

• You're filled with determination
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 10:10:30 AM »

Hey there! Kieya's the name and I hope you enjoy your staayy!
There is beauty in the world, shake your booty boys and girls

Time Blitz

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 02:17:21 PM »

Ello! I'm Blitz! I've read both the Uglies and Leviathan series.....and I'm the forums historian and sci-fi nut!

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the great and mighty Westerforum!

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 05:19:37 PM »

Hey. Name's Straif. Leviathan fan myself. Glad to see another person here who's finished it.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

BarkingLizards

• Call me Liz :)
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 06:30:54 PM »

Hey there :) I'm Liz. And I've only read Leviathan series all the way through. I tried to read Uglies, but it never caught on...And I was planning on reading Midnighters too, but my library only has the first book, and I hate reading only one book within a series and then having to wait for the others...so...I'm rambling now though...enjoy the forum! :D
Hi! :D
I'm most definitely a girl.
Forum resident Scientist

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »

Hi everyone! Thank you for your warm welcomes :)

Welcome! I am Panzercrappitastica Bonechoper, in reference to Bogus to Bubbly, but mostly I;m just called Pan, which makes more sense. I'm actually pretty new too, I only got here a month ago... also; YAY for someone else who's read a lot of Scott-la's books (versus just one series)! I've read all the ones you have and So Yesterday and Succession (very few people have ready Succession... :() I actually keep a book journal keeping track of what books I've read and how I liked them; and all of Scott's books I rated 5/5 stars; except So Yesterday, which I rated 4.5/5 stars. In addition to the books, I also read Stupid Perfect World (a short story by Scott) and an article about Buffy that he wrote...
I am completely obsessed with Scott. I hope you enjoy the forum!

A book journal sounds fun to do ! Never thought of doing that before. I MIGHT start on my own book journal thanks to your cleverness!

Hey there :) I'm Liz. And I've only read Leviathan series all the way through. I tried to read Uglies, but it never caught on...And I was planning on reading Midnighters too, but my library only has the first book, and I hate reading only one book within a series and then having to wait for the others...so...I'm rambling now though...enjoy the forum! :D

You can always reserve books from other libraries that are in the same branch as your local library. Your reservations can be delivered straight to the library you normally go to so you don't need to worry about driving around a lot. You must finish the Midnighters series! It's fantastic.
"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath

BarkingLizards

• Call me Liz :)
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »

I would do that, but I'm reading a series that my friend let me borrow, so I need to finish that first. And also, I'm going to college soon, and my college probably wouldn't like it if I read books like that. It's very...strict. So my best bet would be in December...But I will...some time in the future :)
Hi! :D
I'm most definitely a girl.
Forum resident Scientist

Echo :)

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 10:04:15 PM »

Hello! Welcome to the forum! I'm peeps around here call me Echo, or CocoN or Echop... anyways, welcome!
He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face. ~CoFA

Lexa-Wa

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2013, 02:58:00 AM »

Hiya!! Welcome to the forum.
College man

Reenie-La

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 07:24:44 AM »

Hihi~! Belated welcome :)

I'm Reenie, I've read Uglies and So Yesterday -- Specials was my favorite.

artimousguy

• Wat up!! :)
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 12:53:49 PM »

Well then welcome, it is a pleasure to meet new people. ;)
When you laugh it makes my day when I'm sad, or if I'm already happy it makes my day even better so thanks.
            -Me

If you haven't noticed I have a great life