Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Uglies Movie News  (Read 7352 times)

graciousserendipity

Uglies Movie News
« on: July 12, 2013, 05:38:52 AM »

When (mainly which year) do u think the movie will come out?

We know that the movie is still in progress, and not cancelled, from info on Westerfeld's blog and Facebook's Uglies page. Davis Production and Lola Visual Effects r working on it, and Westerfeld is going to a movie meeting in Los Angeles in 3 weeks. BUT Westerfeld said the auditions r a "long way" away, and he wants an unknown actress to play Tally. I don't mind having a new actress for Tally, but I just think this will make auditions, and then all the acting, take longer.
So...when will the movie, or at least its official trailer (not the book trailer, which is already out), be released?

lalauramarie

Re: Uglies Movie News
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 06:00:34 AM »

If all goes well, it could end up coming out in 2015 or 2016, but that's just a guess (Just from what I've seen from other btfas, but I really don't know all that much), it depends on how everything goes.  And I really hope he does try to get an unknown for both Tally and Shay. (preferably from www.userbasedcasting.com...)

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:11:28 AM »

I'm gonna guess way long after we've all lost interest in the series as a whole.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

graciousserendipity

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 02:17:48 PM »

I'm gonna guess way long after we've all lost interest in the series as a whole.
No, people r crazy about the whole series and not giving up about the movie. I still like the series. It'll probably be by 2017, when people have lost interest/hope about the movie, not the series. Generations go on, finding good books from their parents/grandparents, like Harry Potter.

graciousserendipity

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 02:30:35 PM »

Questions:
1. Do u think the producers will mess up the Uglies movie by changing it around/giving different ending/joining it up with the other books, (like the Series of Unfortunate Events movie), compared to the actual novel?

2. Do u think, if the Uglies movie is really good, that the producers will make both a Pretties and a Specials movie?

3. Do u think they will bother making an Extras movie, since it's more about Aya than Tally and Shay, even if the other movie(s) r good?

Straif

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 06:22:49 AM »

Pretty big IFS considering that mentioning the series to pretty much any teen novel reader gets blank looks...or did you not notice the tumbleweed blowing through the forum?
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

graciousserendipity

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 08:42:27 AM »

Pretty big IFS considering that mentioning the series to pretty much any teen novel reader gets blank looks...or did you not notice the tumbleweed blowing through the forum?
No, I didn't notice the "tumbleweed" blowing through the forum. U can c I've done only 12 posts, so still a newbie. What is this tumbleweed?
And how can the series be unknown/boring to teen novel readers if the series made the New York Times best-sellers list?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:44:04 AM by graciousserendipity »

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »

Questions:
1. Do u think the producers will mess up the Uglies movie by changing it around/giving different ending/joining it up with the other books, (like the Series of Unfortunate Events movie), compared to the actual novel?

2. Do u think, if the Uglies movie is really good, that the producers will make both a Pretties and a Specials movie?

3. Do u think they will bother making an Extras movie, since it's more about Aya than Tally and Shay, even if the other movie(s) r good?

1. They'd better not...

2. Hopefully ;D

3. Hm. Maybe. If they do the first three well, I'd want them to though ;D
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Straif

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 05:11:03 AM »

The NYT Best Sellers List is not the best gauge for popularity. Almost every book I've read (even adult ones) has been on it. Even ones that are even more unkown than Uglies.
You ever heard of The Eleventh Plauge? Doubt it.
Mortal Engines? Nope (and it was one the best sellars list of several other papers too)
Airborn? Most likely not.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2013, 06:49:45 AM »

Yeah, pretty much every book has been on a best sellers list...
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2013, 07:45:34 AM »

^^^^^ Just like almost every movie is "the #1 movie in America".
"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2013, 07:48:25 AM »

Yeah. Those awards often are like the fifteen minutes of fame thing...

- Catvomitsky

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2013, 08:33:15 AM »

"The #1 movie in America" has been overused by soo many movie ads. Lol
"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath

Straif

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2013, 01:58:02 PM »

They use it because people believe it.
Oh, let us not forget "best selling game".
Yes, for maybe a day...
Resident Halo Fanatic

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2013, 01:19:58 AM »

I think that's what 'bestselling' really means. Today, it sold the most copies.

- Catvomitsky
Pages: [1] 2 3