Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Uglies Movie News  (Read 6875 times)

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~
Re: Uglies Movie News
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 01:27:12 AM »

Lol the unspoken technicalities.
"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 12:37:19 PM »

Exactly. Kind of pointless.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

graciousserendipity

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 01:33:40 PM »

the series to pretty much any teen novel reader gets blank looks
Whatever, there r enough teens/adults who like the series and r hoping 4 a movie--us! The 1s posting on this forum, googling movie info, etc. The movie will most likely be by 2017 like I said before, but has a chance of 2016, I think.
So about my questions, just please put your opinionated answers.
Questions:
1.What year do u think Uglies will be a movie?

2. Do u think the producers will mess up the Uglies movie by changing it around/giving different ending/joining it up with the other books, (like the Series of Unfortunate Events movie), compared to the actual novel?

3. Do u think, if the Uglies movie is really good, that the producers will make both a Pretties and a Specials movie?

4. Do u think they will bother making an Extras movie, since it's more about Aya than Tally and Shay, even if the other movie(s) r good?

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »

My mom likes the series. She's that aweosme 8) But I don't know if she'd watch the movie.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

graciousserendipity

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2013, 02:40:25 AM »

For the following question, it seems there is an answer.
2. Do u think the producers will mess up the Uglies movie by changing it around/giving different ending/joining it up with the other books, (like the Series of Unfortunate Events movie), compared to the actual novel?

Looked up on an earlier Westerfeld blog about the movie and he posted: 'I told them you guys want a faithful adaptation, and they said definitely, because, as one of them put it, “The book is a movie already.” In other words, the story doesn’t have to get completely reshaped to fit the screen. (I doubt there will be any of this putting-all-three-books-into-one-movie crap.)'
So most likely, if it's still that way, only the Uglies book will be in the Uglies movie. Hurray! ;D

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 02:47:27 AM »

YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! ;D ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D! I doubt it will meet my ridiculously high standards, because that's practically impossible, but at least it won't be nearly as bad as - *shudders* - The Lightning Thief. I will be starting a rant thread about minute inaccuracies as soon as I see the movie, or contributing to an existing one, because I'm almost certain there will be something that bothers me about it. But if there's not... that would be totally awesome.

- Catvomitsky

SteampunkButterfly

• LIKE A BOSS.
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 05:30:50 AM »

I really want separate actresses to play Ugly Tally, Pretty Tally, and Special Tally.
Volger's daughter
CAN YOU BEAT THAT?
~Trish-la

graciousserendipity

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 07:39:07 AM »

I really want separate actresses to play Ugly Tally, Pretty Tally, and Special Tally.
Just curious. Why? And do u want the same for Shay?
The Ugly Tally actress could, if young enough, change in looks and voice-sounds while we wait for a Pretties movie, so she might be good enough to be the Pretty Tally actress, too.

graciousserendipity

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 03:13:32 PM »

Why do u want different actresses?

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2013, 01:47:53 AM »

Exactly. And their height changes, which might be harder to change. So, taller actress.

- Catvomitsky

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2013, 09:35:23 AM »

Scott mentioned in an interview that the effects company(i think it's called Lola ) that's interested in the potential Uglies movie can drastically change a person's face and body shape. The company did the effects on Spider Man or Super Man and made him look really skinny in the beginning when he was actually buff.
"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2013, 09:49:21 AM »

There was also mention that the effects company that made the actors in HP look older for the epilogue was doing it. That may or may not be the same company.

- Catvomitsky

graciousserendipity

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2013, 10:20:48 AM »

Scott mentioned in an interview that the effects company (i think it's called Lola) that's interested in the potential Uglies movie can drastically change a person's face and body shape. The company did the effects on Spider Man or Super Man and made him look really skinny in the beginning when he was actually buff.
The company is Lola, in Lola Visual Effects. So couldn't the actresses for Tally and Shay be the same for each movie, just looking completely different with their effects? We wouldn't have to get different ones if the visual effects were really good enough. It would be hard to get a new AND different actress for both Tally and Shay each movie, and it would be nice to have their voices sound the same.
Anyway, speaking of actresses, do u think (with visual and sound effects to change appearance and voice maybe) that Sigourney Weaver, who played the exobiologist doctor Grace Augustine on Avatar, would be great for Dr. Cable?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 10:27:39 AM by graciousserendipity »

Yone

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2013, 05:18:46 PM »

Anyway, speaking of actresses, do u think (with visual and sound effects to change appearance and voice maybe) that Sigourney Weaver, who played the exobiologist doctor Grace Augustine on Avatar, would be great for Dr. Cable?

Oh man, YES! But I think Tilda Swinton would be also great as Cable.

And would be Zachery Quinto (played Spock in Star Trek 11 & 12) good as David? I mean, he looks not like the normal beauty ideals, but he is - at least in Star Trek - very attractive, and he's a good actor. But I think, he's to old for David.
,,Do you understand, liberty tends to dystroy things"(Tally Youngblood)

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2013, 12:33:15 AM »

Plus, I think unknown actors should be cast. I mean, we don't want people to look at David and think of Spock.

- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 [2] 3