Scott Westerfeld Forum

Poll

If you had the rare opportunity to be any of these in the real world what would it be?

Midnighter
Sane Special (like the Specials, except Tally, who got treatment for their anger issues and dangerous features
Insane Special
Sane Peep
Insane, wild Peep

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Would you rather be a Midnighter, sane/insane Special, or a sane/insane Peep?  (Read 5316 times)

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~

I'd want to be a Midnighter.

I think it's exciting to be one of the few people to move around in the secret 25th hour and possess an incredible talent. It's nice to have that one extra secret hour to wander around and do whatever I want without any human interference. It also seems fun to kick some Darkling butt with the other few midnighters every once in awhile. I'd wanna be a flame-thrower without the side effect that happened at the end of the series. Even though the power is useless outside of the blue hour, I still think it's pretty cool.
"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt

TOTALLY a midnighter. No question about it  ;D. I like nighttime better than day anyway, and it would just be so cool to have a special power for an hour in the middle of the night, especially if it was all just for me and a few others (and I probably would be completely alone anyway, because it's so unlikely to be born at the stroke of midnight). I would want to be a polymath, because I like math and the concept of kicking darkling butt with it is completely awesome ;D. I definitely wouldn't want to be an insane peep or Special, and I don't want the obligation of hunting down other peeps. I also don't want to be modified and designed to kill like the Specials are. So, yeah, midnighter.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Panzercrappitastica

I saw on the 'Songs That Remind You of Scott's Books!' thread :)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human

Special. The equation for it is simple; Special=Spartan 3-most of the awesomeness.
Return said awesomeness (by basically being anything BUT a Cutter) and you have something that would make even Cable shake in her boots.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Panzercrappitastica

Fair enough :)

- Catvomitsky

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~

Yeah, i meant to delete that post since i accidently pasted that on here when i thought i pasted a different response that relates to this topic. Cell reception at the Utah interstate sucks :(

I usually type out my forum responses on a notepad in my phone beforehand and copy and paste them onto here when the cell reception works.

I was meaning to post this:

Whoops! I mean flame bringer not flame thrower!

Panzercrappitastica

Oh, I didn't actually notice that typo until just now...

And Straif, if you want to be a Special, why are there three votes for midnighter and none for Special?

- Catvomitsky

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~

He forgot to vote. Some other person who didn't comment here had the third Midnighters vote.

Panzercrappitastica

- Catvomitsky

Eraisuithiel

Either Midnighter (aside from a mindcaster, though I have a feeling I would be a seer) or a sane Special. Both are equally badass in their own respects.

But, then again, Im kind of leaning more towards Midnighter.

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr

HARD! um, I think....I think....midnighter! how cool would it be to have a whole chunk of time without other people! that's like the introverts dream :P

No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up

Eraisuithiel

Except youd have no tv or internet :p Though it would be great for catching up on reading or school stuff

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr

exactly! and we'd get to have adventures!

No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~

Lol the introvert's dream comment was funny.

And yes, one extra hour for procastination!

Eraisuithiel

exactly! and we'd get to have adventures!

If we ever become Midnighters we need to meet up and... and... and run around or something :p
Pages: [1] 2 3