Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: My Rather Belated Introduction...  (Read 2570 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
My Rather Belated Introduction...
« on: July 22, 2013, 01:59:50 AM »

Well, I'm beginning to understand something. Say this forum is a dense, tangled forest. Some newbies try to find a less tangled path by posting an introduction. Some climb through by posting a little in some places and building up. I? I came barging in and hacked at the vines with a machete.
I'm beginning to realize that my method of entering the forum as a newbie was slightly... unorthodox. That it is custom to not shove yourself into everything immediately. That maybe I should have, at the very least, introduced myself.
So I figured, why not do an introduction to celebrate my three thousandth post? So, without further ado, my rather belated introduction.

Hi! I am Panzercrappitastica Bonechomper. You can call me Pan, or Panz, or Panzer, or really anything, as long as I can figure out you're talking to me. I have read Leviathan, Uglies, Midnighters, Peeps, So Yesterday, and Succession, in that order. I am a crazy Harry Potter fan, to the point where I wore a robe, time turner, pygmy puff, and Hufflepuff crest to school for a week and carried my wand around with it. I am, of course, also a Westerfan! I am very, very obsessed. I've never dressed up for school, because if I did, nobody would get it. But I am in the progress of collecting my top 10 favorite quotes from each of his books and putting them onto a robe thing to wear when I finally meet him.
I want to read his very adult books, but I'm not old enough for that. I'm worried, though, that by the time I am, it'll be very hard to get my hands on a copy of them. I carry around a silver sharpie with me in my Kindle case, just in case I happen to run into  Scott, so he can sign it.
I have very high standards for bood-to-movie adaptions that actually have never been met, but I'm still eager for the Uglies movie and will beg shamelessly to go to the very first showing ;D

Also, to anyone who was on at the time, was it weird and/or confusing when I came on? I just kinda jumped onto everything...
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Lexa-Wa

Re: My Rather Belated Introduction...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »

Well Pan. We have already talked a bit but I'm Lexa. If you can't tell. I love Uglies, Midnighters and So Yesterday. I love harry Potter but not as much as you do. But trust me you came into this forum and did what every newbie should do. Jump into it. If you don't you ind of forget about this place and don't come back. It's refreshing to have someone just jump in. Oh BTW this is my second profile and I deeply regretting my last one so if in the future you think about doing that.... DON'T!!!!
College man

Candle

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:31:34 AM »

I am candle and I will feed on your life force tell you are a shell >:)

Smileedimpleface

• Reading is my escape~
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 05:07:42 PM »

That was a very interesting intro :D

Happy 3000th post!
"We save each other," Deryn whispered. "That's how it works." -Goliath

Clouse-La

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 12:49:09 PM »

Oh hello!  I joined similarly.  Don't worry, you seem to have gotten along fine, so any newbies, this is a valid way to join!  And like Lexa said, DON'T DELETE YOUR PROFILES.  JUST DON'T.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 03:07:40 AM »

...I found it. XD
...*hides in a hole*
Though this is far from the worst thing my twelve-year-old self posted :P And most of the intro part is still true. I still carry a silver pen in my Kindle case XD
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2014, 09:37:42 AM »

Don't be ashamed! Did you ever finish the robe thing?

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2014, 09:54:12 AM »

No. Because I realized that I can't sew to save my life. Nor can I paint words.

- Catvomitsky

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2014, 05:14:57 AM »

Look whose old intro thread I found, Pan. :P

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »

Yeah, I found it about a week ago XD
Heheheh :P

- Catvomitsky