Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: So am I the only one?  (Read 6157 times)

graciousserendipity

Re: So am I the only one?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2013, 04:23:52 AM »

What series does TMI stand for?
I'm glad I got to be a fan of Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Uglies before their movies came out (or will come out)!

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2013, 04:23:08 PM »

TMI= The Mortal Instruments.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2013, 04:37:07 PM »

I find that funny because it's also Too Much Information.

Straif

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 04:54:32 PM »

Best accidental acryonym cross...ever.
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Lexa-Wa

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2013, 11:23:48 AM »

Omg.... that is so true. Bahahaha
All I need is my cats.

Luna Lovegood

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 12:17:23 PM »

IDK Son of Neptune =ing SoN if pretty cool too.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 09:04:55 AM »

Ha! I love that one!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

extras

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 09:16:05 AM »

Trust me, your not the only one feeling like the fans will be fake after the movie. I feel the smae way. They will never be able to get frustrated at the characters and throw the book across the room.The movie fans won't even know about this blog to show the author how much they love his story plot. He deserves it because he worked hard on the series. But who are the real fans here? Its the friends who call each other the pretty nicknames. The people who feel like their life is over after the last book. That being said I so want to see the movie. Midnight showing!

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 09:36:06 AM »

If I can get my parents to take me, I'll go to the midnight showing too. In my shirt that says "the book was better". Because we all know that the movie won't be up to par with the book.

I still think a solution would be to make a separate board for the movie.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Straif

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 05:03:08 PM »

Someone get me one of those shirts.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 05:23:25 PM »

- Catvomitsky

Nightwatcher

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 09:42:43 AM »

A movie would definitely bring in a new audience. I liked what they did with Ender's Game, I'm sure its possible to make an Uglies movie that is still true to the book.

Catvomitsky

• It ain’t so long since you were flying high
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 03:07:36 AM »

Ender's Game was actually pretty close to the book. Except for a few minor details, like certain character's roles, and their ages.

But I agree with what a lot of people on here are saying, a movie would bring in a lot of "fake" fans, like what happened with The Hunger Games. I was a fan before it became "the next Twilight", and I had the misfortune of watching the fandom transform from a reasonably intelligent group of people who actually appreciated the series, into a rabid, screaming bunch of fangirls (and guys, dont wanna be sexist.) It kinda ruined it for me, a little bit :I They don't realize the deeper meanings or the series or even appreciate the characters. Most of them only got into the series because it was cool, or for the hot guys, and many of them never bothered to read the books. Honestly, it kills me a little bit every time I look up news for Catching Fire (can't wait!!!), and I see it on Perez Hilton. I REALLY don't want to see Uglies on Perez Hilton. However, I still think they should make a movie. It would introduce so many people to the series who would be real fans, and come on, it's an Uglies movie! I would sell my soul for an Uglies movie...

Luna Lovegood

« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 05:12:45 AM »

Very true, I am shocked today when I see people who never read the book getting stoked for the movies.

Also, in the case of HG, I have quite a few pet peeves about things they should have done differently, like you know, ADD THE BLOODY HUNGER! Because Gale scaring off good game is so out of character for him it is painful. 

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 10:14:23 AM »

Ender's Game was actually pretty close to the book. Except for a few minor details, like certain character's roles, and their ages.

But I agree with what a lot of people on here are saying, a movie would bring in a lot of "fake" fans, like what happened with The Hunger Games. I was a fan before it became "the next Twilight", and I had the misfortune of watching the fandom transform from a reasonably intelligent group of people who actually appreciated the series, into a rabid, screaming bunch of fangirls (and guys, dont wanna be sexist.) It kinda ruined it for me, a little bit :I They don't realize the deeper meanings or the series or even appreciate the characters. Most of them only got into the series because it was cool, or for the hot guys, and many of them never bothered to read the books. Honestly, it kills me a little bit every time I look up news for Catching Fire (can't wait!!!), and I see it on Perez Hilton. I REALLY don't want to see Uglies on Perez Hilton. However, I still think they should make a movie. It would introduce so many people to the series who would be real fans, and come on, it's an Uglies movie! I would sell my soul for an Uglies movie...
I agree with everything that you said about Hunger Games. I liked it before it was super popular, and now it's more or less ruined for me.

- Catvomitsky
Pages: 1 [2] 3