Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Hi everyone, newbie in da house!  (Read 1523 times)

KMcherishes

Hi everyone, newbie in da house!
« on: August 18, 2013, 08:24:09 PM »

First of all, I think it is so neat that new peeps introduce themselves and others reply back  ;D

Hello everyone! My name is Kim, 16 and I read the Uglies series back when I was in 7th grade. It was the first book that I REALLY fell in love with and it is still one of my favorite books. It was actually THE BOOK that begins my obsession with reading YA books-dystopias especially! I LOVE SCOTT WESTERFELD's books!

I read a lot of YA books (I haven't read some lately because I'm so busy with school even though it's summer) so if you guys need recommendations, chat me up! I would jump out of joy to give a recommendation ;)

I know this is out of topic a little but if anyone here needs/knows/has connection with anything related to fashion design please contact me. I want to be major in fashion design since i was a little girl! I can sketch outfit, costume, &etc. I would love to be able to work with the costume department for the YA books into movie area. I went to a book signing for Moira Young, author of Blood Red Road and she told me that she doesnt pick the designer for her book if it was made into a movie. She advised me to post my work and let people know that I'm interested to be a fashion designer. IF YOU GUYS NEED ANYTHING IN CLOTHING SKETCHING WISE, I WOULD LOVE TO HELP. I ENJOY DESIGNING VERY MUCH.

Overall, I'm very excited to be here  :-* I'm sorry for the long introduction. Thank you so much for your time

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
Re: Hi everyone, newbie in da house!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 01:07:55 AM »

Welcome!! I love design, and do it as a hobby, but I have no helpful connections. Sorry. :c

"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 01:40:12 AM »

Mk, I'm going to make you sketch me costumes now. Just so you know. :I
Kidding, I wont 'make' you do anything ( ;)), but that's so awesome that you want to go into fashion! I used to dabble with that idea when I was younger. 

Anywho, I'm Clare! I go by Clare, Kira, and Middy so call me whatever you want, it makes no difference:3 welcome to the forum!!

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

KMcherishes

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 04:01:26 AM »

Thank you guys  :D

@ Clare: I would love to sketch for your costumes! It would be more practice for me and gives me a broader aspect of designing. Plus I can add it to my resume and portfolio.

BarkingLizards

• Call me Liz :)
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48:04 AM »

Hi! I'm Liz. Or lizzy. welcome! :D

And that really is awesome that you are intereted in that. we'll have to talk some time, just cause you're new and friends are good :)
Hi! :D
I'm most definitely a girl.
Forum resident Scientist

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 12:03:49 PM »

*gasp* It would be cool if you could help design costumes for the movie! Wouldn't it!?

So, I am Panzercrappitastica Bonechomper (get it?), but you can call me Panzer or Panz or Pan or really whatever you want. Welcome to the forum!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

KMcherishes

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 05:56:11 PM »

Yes it would Panzer! Cool name :)

Thank you for the welcoming!

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 07:18:45 AM »

Thank you guys  :D

@ Clare: I would love to sketch for your costumes! It would be more practice for me and gives me a broader aspect of designing. Plus I can add it to my resume and portfolio.
Really? :D that'd make me so happy if you would!

I'm stealthy, like a ninja