Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 570

Author Topic: The Cavinhaul Estate (GEN. II) (circa; 1932)  (Read 299640 times)

|ĸιrα|

Re: The Cavinhaul Estate (GEN. II) (circa; 1932)
« Reply #8355 on: August 28, 2017, 09:09:08 AM »

Sorry sorry lol I just haven't been in a good mindset for this. I'll reply in a bit

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

• On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
« Reply #8356 on: August 28, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »

No noo im sorry!
Hope you're okay❤️❤️❤️
You're filled with determination

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8357 on: September 07, 2017, 03:25:32 AM »

Caleb rested his head onto hers and closed his eyes. "I would like you to take me home, be with you for a while. It would mean a full recovery if that was the case."

"More like I refuse to give into sleep." Danny cleared his throat, "I mean these soldiers aren't going to mend themselves..."

"Have a good rest of the day Riles." Tom muttered softly, he tucked strands of hair behind her ear.

"I'll be sure that's what happens, then," Esther said, her eyes fluttering closed as well.

"You can't expect to take care of them if you can't take care of yourself," Elizabeth pointed out.

Riley's heart was hammering against her rib cage, and she knew she needed to go, to leave. But she didn't want to, she couldn't leave. She was trapped by his touch and the way he was looking at her. Did Jimmy ever look at her like that any more? She could hardly remember, she felt like she hadn't seen him in so long. Jimmy...the thought of him snapped Riley from her trance and she stepped away from Tom. "You as well," she said softly and smiled at him before she turned to hurry upstairs to her room.

[sorry for the abandonment lol]

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

« Reply #8358 on: September 08, 2017, 11:17:46 AM »

(I've been staring at this post wanting to actually post
But life yano? XD)

Caleb's mouth twitched from the anaesthesia, Danny had given him more than the usual dosage which he was grateful for. "I had a bittersweet vision as I crashed the plane," his voice gruff yet it contained a soft tone. "I saw you with children by your ankles playing yet before I hit the ground I remembered that's just... not..." Caleb didn't really know how to end his sentence, he knew it would hurt Esther than it would hurt him.

"Well I like to put a lot of my time and care to patients, there's not a lot of time in the world to look after myself." Danny drew his coat tighter across his body, he was true to his statement but as he thought about is moire, he didn't know how to mend himself.

Tom slipped his hands into his pockets and smiled widely as he watched her go upstairs, that linger made his heart swell, a moment where for once she viewed him in a different way than he actually was. He drew his sleeves up to his elbows and went back to help out the ward, as if he never left.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8359 on: September 11, 2017, 10:05:55 PM »

(I feel)

"We're going to be taking care of some children from London," Esther said, opening her eyes to look at him. 

"Like I said, you can't take care of them without taking care of yourself." Elizabeth frowned at him and narrowed her eyes. "It's pretty selfish, if you ask me."

Riley went to check on Aisling first, but she was still asleep, so she went over to her room and slowly opened the door.

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

« Reply #8360 on: September 12, 2017, 05:35:49 AM »

Caleb smiled gently as he opened his eyes once more, "really? That sounds great." He whispered kissing her cheek. "Do you know their names?"

"You pretty forward aren't you? Maybe forward is the wrong word for it, you're judgemental." Danny replied folded his arms in retaliation and edged closer to her.

Jimmy lay on the bed, still in his day clothes, he had laid back and had his eyes closed he had fallen asleep waiting for Riley his light snoring echoed in the room.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8361 on: September 12, 2017, 06:11:05 AM »

"Not yet," Esther shook her head. "All the paperwork hasn't gone through."

"No, just telling you the truth. You should go get some sleep." Elizabeth held his gaze evenly.

Riley sighed, feeling a bit guilty. She sat down on the bed beside him and brushed his hair off his forehead before she kissed it and then stood to get ready for bed.

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

« Reply #8362 on: September 12, 2017, 06:17:10 AM »

"Are you alright with it all? Are home being used? It's not getting cramped in there is it?" Caleb slipped his hand into hers.

"Where do you suppose I sleep? The beds are all taken up." Danny replied pointing out to the patients.

Jimmy shuffled at her touch, and groaned as he moved a little to make room for her.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8363 on: September 15, 2017, 06:34:45 AM »

[sorry sorry]

"It's nice. Danny keeps his patients and everything in the western wing," Esther shrugged.

"A chair? Make do," Elizabeth rolled her eyes and shrugged.

Riley smiled a bit and climbed into the bed next to him and curled up.

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

« Reply #8364 on: September 15, 2017, 07:00:35 AM »

(you're forgiven ;) )
"Has he been good to you? He's been keeping his manners?" Caleb shakily brought a glass of water to his lips.

"And here I thought the nurse was supposed to assist the doctors in any way possible." Danny grinned as he took a seat and sighed.

"I was waiting for you..." Jimmy muttered, he brought her closer and kissed the top of her head.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8365 on: September 15, 2017, 07:24:28 AM »

"Of course," Esther said and watched him worriedly.

"I did assist you," Elizabeth said, smiling despite herself.

"I'm sorry," Riley whispered, guilt causing her stomach to sink down. "I didn't think you'd be back tonight."

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

« Reply #8366 on: September 15, 2017, 07:32:38 AM »

Caleb struggled to bring it near to his lips without trembling, he tensed his jaw as he drank slowly.

"Could you not assist me to a better place to sleep? It's a noisy place here. Lots of screaming men." Danny tilted his head back and forth.

"I didn't know that I would be back either. Where were you?" Jimmy yawned loudly as he pried open his eyes.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8367 on: September 15, 2017, 07:44:47 AM »

Esther sat up a bit to help him, holding her hand out to take the glass when he was done.

"What, would you rather sleep on a closet?" Elizabeth raised an eyebrow

"With a friend," Riley told him. "We went to see their family."

Higher, further, faster

LittleK

« Reply #8368 on: September 15, 2017, 08:00:56 AM »

Caleb handed his glass over to her as laid back again. "Am I what they call cripple now?" He wiped his mouth and clenched his fists, and winced as he felt pain all over his body.

Danny placed his hat over his face, "yes, preferably one that folds out to be a bed if that's possible."

"Do I know your friend?" Jimmy once again closed his eyes and draped his arm on her waist.

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #8369 on: September 15, 2017, 08:23:24 AM »

"No, you can still move your legs," Esther said, and kissed his cheek after she'd set his glass aside.

"Sorry, fresh out of those," Elizabeth laughed softly. "Have a nice nap, Dr. Smith."

"I'm not sure if you do or not," Riley shrugged and cuddled into his side.

Higher, further, faster
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 570