Poll

Which group will win a battle?

Tanks
- 8 (50%)
Stormwalkers
- 8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Tanks vs Stormwalkers  (Read 14760 times)

Time Blitz

Re: Tanks vs Stormwalkers
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 04:52:52 PM »

Though now that I read further, I have to argue ONE point that Blitz made...she mentioned that tanks are more versatile and listed a bunch of others (most, interestingly, based on the M3 Sherman)
My question is; surely the Clankers would have specialized walkers, like, say, the Water-Walkers in Goliath?

Do you see a flamethrower walker? Or a purely dual land/water walker, such as an adapted stormwalker? Or even anything to compare to the amazing Funnies? I don't.  :)

Areias

• "For you, a thousand times over."
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2013, 05:54:06 PM »

Though now that I read further, I have to argue ONE point that Blitz made...she mentioned that tanks are more versatile and listed a bunch of others (most, interestingly, based on the M3 Sherman)
My question is; surely the Clankers would have specialized walkers, like, say, the Water-Walkers in Goliath?

Do you see a flamethrower walker? Or a purely dual land/water walker, such as an adapted stormwalker? Or even anything to compare to the amazing Funnies? I don't.  :)

To use your tone:

Wrong era. Do you see World War Two anywhere in the books? Do you see any semblance of a large ground battle where Scott showed us everything the Clankers had to offer? Did you think the Manual of Aeronautics is anywhere near exhaustive? I don't.  :)

People seem to have no problem inventing super advanced Darwinist tech, so I don't see why Clankers can't have a few impressive machines of their own. Their level of mechanics most definitely exceed their real world counterparts of the same period.

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2013, 07:06:36 PM »

My thoughts exactly, once again. The Germans can make (effectivly) ships with LEGS (ala the Beowulf from Leviathan). If they can do THAT...surely they can put floats on a Stromwalker, or install a flamethrower.
The Leviathan universe is, to be completely honest, OBSCENELY large. The novels, unfortunatly, in common young adult writing form, barely scratched the surface of it. Simply put; if its plausible in universe, its possible in universe.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Time Blitz

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 07:13:53 PM »

Now you just POed me.

Or did you not realize we're comparing all tanks with all walkers, stupid?

Straif

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 07:15:52 PM »

I just read back over it and saw that yes, thats true.
But thats boring. Besides, comparing a Stormwalker (which is, bizzarely, a "light" walker used for scouting) to a MBT isn't exactly an equal equation...
Wish Scott had given us a MBW design...
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Time Blitz

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 07:16:55 PM »

If its so boring, then don't post in this topic.

Straif

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2013, 07:19:36 PM »

Not much else to post on sadly...
Resident Halo Fanatic

Areias

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2013, 07:20:17 PM »

Now you just POed me.

Or did you not realize we're comparing all tanks with all walkers, stupid?

What is PO?
Also, I'd appreciate if you didn't attack my intelligence when I'm merely pointing out the fact that the books' universe still remains in the era of WWI. Just like you can't compare F-22s with the planes appearing in the series, you can't compare WWII tanks with walkers appearing in the 1910s, at least not fairly.

Straif

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »

PO= Pissed Off.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Areias

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »

Ah. Well now you know how I felt when I read a post said in that tone; and I wasn't even on the receiving end! If I offended you by replying with mimicry I apologize, but you can't feel mad about the exact same thing you did to someone else.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 07:29:20 PM by Areias »

Xeno-SP

• Good. I'm always good.
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 03:40:55 AM »

People, please. No arguing!!! The reason why I include stormwalker from the alternate ww1 era for the poll is because its almost equal to a tank from the ww2 era. I mean, look at the armor and canon. This walker is best match for a tank, maybe any tank in world war 2. Besides, if leviathan never happens but a country made Stormwalkers, does that mean they are more superior than tanks? Nope, both of them have their own pro and cons.

Four legged walkers like Beowulf can defeat many tanks with ease, but this poll does not include those type of machines. Didn't I say earlier that this is about tanks vs Stormwalkers, not tanks vs all leviathan walkers?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 03:42:55 AM by Second Person »

Straif

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 03:42:46 AM »

If a country can make Stormwalker in OUR universe, SOMEONE is really screwed.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Time Blitz

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2013, 07:14:36 AM »

Men, what do I care anyway? The important thing is I live in reality, and in reality there are no Stormwalkers. Except those made by fanatic Leviathan fans.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2013, 09:16:56 AM »

If someone did that, I would simply have to see it.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Time Blitz

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2013, 09:57:58 AM »

Indeed. I concur.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8