Poll

Which group will win a battle?

Tanks
- 8 (50%)
Stormwalkers
- 8 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Tanks vs Stormwalkers  (Read 22064 times)

Areias

• "For you, a thousand times over."
Re: Tanks vs Stormwalkers
« Reply #90 on: November 04, 2013, 12:37:21 PM »

About the church vs. science thing, I really don't think it's the Catholics who are less tolerant of evidence nowadays. The problem lies with most of the American churches, especially those based in the south, where Young Earth Creationism runs rampant. Catholicism has done very well modernizing and accepting science (Dan Brown's depiction of it in Angels & Demons does have a kernel of truth).

I wouldn't say we're all on the extremes of the spectrum here, though. I'm a rational person, but I'm also an agnostic theist, which means that while I do not know since there is no evidence, I do believe in the existence of a god (not the Christian God), who set the universe in motion. I also believe in traditional Taoist and Buddhist gods as pertaining to my culture, though it's funny how Asian religions rarely have a problem with accepting evolution and the like. I think it is because they do not have a singular holy scripture, but instead is embodied through ways of thinking and living.

Time Blitz

« Reply #91 on: November 04, 2013, 12:39:01 PM »

Btw Nightwatcher, Nhan Shateuck-Ja is a Melkane, sentient Abrams-like tanks. In Nhan's case, he's a visiting intergalactic entrepenuer.

Coolio.

Nightwatcher

« Reply #92 on: November 04, 2013, 12:39:59 PM »

Catholicism is the driving force behind science and truth, has been since the start.

Areias

• "For you, a thousand times over."
« Reply #93 on: November 04, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »

Catholicism is the driving force behind science and truth, has been since the start.

Disagreed. Look no further than Copernicus and Galileo. The Catholic Church (the Church, not the religion) has been generally quite bad at handling progress until post-19th century.

Time Blitz

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2013, 12:43:12 PM »

I agree. They were quiet misguided and fearful of change. Which I kinda get why though.

Nightwatcher

« Reply #95 on: November 04, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »

Disagreed. Look no further than Copernicus and Galileo. The Catholic Church (the Church, not the religion) has been generally quite bad at handling progress until post-19th century.
True. The people in general were afraid, but the magisterium itself actually supported and endorsed Galileo's works. When Galileo began to speak out against the church was he imprisoned

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2013, 08:10:14 AM »

Aw, Blitz found another friend!
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Nightwatcher

« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2013, 11:31:59 AM »

Hello other forumer!

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2013, 11:37:45 AM »

Hi.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Xeno-SP

• Good. I'm always good.
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2013, 10:00:08 AM »

So, about the Tiger Tank from the last page...
Tiger tanks are cool and powerful, but they require a lot of fuel and ammo, and their engines can easily break most of the time. Engineers will always have a hard time fixing the engines.
I like the Tiger's firepower and armor overall, but it is not enough for the Germans to win the war against the Allies.
And there is one of the reasons why Germany lost the war. The Nazis are so busy concentrating developing advanced tanks that they wasted their time and resources to fight the Allies. If they can produce lots of Panzer tanks, they would have barely won. I mean, imagine a Tiger tank, after all the hard work and money produced by the Germans, was suddenly destroyed on its first mission without firing a single shot. What a waste of economic benefit.
Even a Walker can easily outflank and defeat the Tiger tank, since that heavily armored boy's turret speed is too slow and it moves like a turtle. In my opinion, only Panzer III or IV can defeat a Walker, since medium tanks are a match for two-legged tanks like Alek's

Time Blitz

« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2013, 12:06:44 PM »

I was having baby tigers tackle someone -_-

Of course, the King Tiger and especially the Panther were improvements...

The Panther wasn't hard to make, was rather reliable, had very good range and armor, and was potent. They just didn't have enough time (and they were running out of resources cos of all the other projects) to build a great number.

Thank God no Rattes though....

Xeno-SP

• Good. I'm always good.
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »

I was having baby tigers tackle someone -_-

Of course, the King Tiger and especially the Panther were improvements...

The Panther wasn't hard to make, was rather reliable, had very good range and armor, and was potent. They just didn't have enough time (and they were running out of resources cos of all the other projects) to build a great number.

Thank God no Rattes though....
Rattes? Yeah, that big boy can destroy up to ten tanks. But the bigger they are...the more easier the bombers can drop their load. You are a main target if you are big. You can bring fear, but what's that gonna do? Scare the "birds" away?
And a large number of walkers can easily outflank it and destroy it. But like you said, thank God there are no Rattes. It's awesome on that tank, but a waste of time and resources. Don't forget it's super slow! The tank is nothing more an artillery.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 12:19:42 PM by Second Person »

Time Blitz

« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2013, 01:04:25 PM »

Rattes are still impressive though.

I've always been a dreamer when it came to super tanks. Especially if they might involve AIs...doesn't a sentient tank just sound cool?

Xeno-SP

• Good. I'm always good.
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »

I don't know...I prefer humans controlling the tanks. If an AI controls a tank, what will happen if it malfunctions, and it turn against its masters. Sure, we don't want human lives lost when their tank is destroyed, but a sentient. That's kinda new, but what would happen if it suddenly becomes self aware...  :o

Time Blitz

« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2013, 09:36:08 PM »

But you'd want it self aware. That's the point. If it happened, Abrams brigades could be deployed and allowed to coordinate their own strategies. Read the Bolo series.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8