Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Show Me The Wrongs In The Operations: Pretty, Special, Surges  (Read 4546 times)

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
Re: Show Me The Wrongs In The Operations: Pretty, Special, Surges
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2010, 04:33:56 AM »

With all the bogus crap going on in the world, wouldn't it just be nice not to care...or not have anything to care about (if it wasn't happening at all)? I mean, really, there's a ton of stuff that you could be doing instead of having to freak out at every little thing. Being a bubble-head really can't be that bad.

But i do get what you're saying about debates. There is always a point to be made and always facts to back it up with. But which would you rather do, debate about whether genecide is good or bad or whether the country deserved it or not, or which country has the most starving kids and families, or which year the Earth is going to heat up to 6 degrees (even heating up by 1 degree- we're at 0.8 right now- is enough to cause hurricanes on the eastern coast of America, dry out the plains and the food sources there, and start to dry out the Amazon Rain Forest [thank you AP Environmental Science) and kill us ALL or would you rather we be debating about how we saved the planet, and us, and other people??????????

Should I even have to ask that question? If there was a sliver  of hope that we, Generation Y, could make a change and save the world, and do something that the dumb generations before us couldn't do, why would you want to pass up that kind of opertunity?  :(

PS. I love the nic you came up with for tridecagirl. Deca.........that is beyond good.
You thought you knew this angel when you really released all the dark inside and set free the evil.

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
    • Pencil to Paper: The Daily Life of a Compulsive Writer
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2010, 05:51:30 AM »

The profile pic isn't me. I'm blonde. It's just off google images. I have kissed trees though.
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound
***WESTERFORUM RESIDENT MOM/TREEHUGGER***

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 05:55:12 AM »

Wow. so nature's ur thing?
You thought you knew this angel when you really released all the dark inside and set free the evil.

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2010, 05:55:46 AM »

Me loves trees.  :D
Just close your eyes/ The sun is going down/ You'll be all right/ No one can hurt you now/ Come morning light/ You and I'll be safe... and... sound

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2010, 05:59:34 AM »

Do you have AP Environmental Science at you school???

tridecagirl

• It's never too late.
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2010, 06:03:21 AM »

IDK I'm in the IB, so no AP classes for me.

kjhgdhhp.

• So it's been a while huh?
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2010, 09:44:11 AM »

The profile pic isn't me. I'm blonde. It's just off google images. I have kissed trees though.

My dry sarcastic humour didn't shine through then?? Damn it, I'll just have to try harder next time =P

Me loves trees.  :D

Woop woop!! :) nothing beats nature ;)

...  or which year the Earth is going to heat up to 6 degrees (even heating up by 1 degree- we're at 0.8 right now- is enough to cause hurricanes on the eastern coast of America, dry out the plains and the food sources there, and start to dry out the Amazon Rain Forest [thank you AP Environmental Science) and kill us ALL or would you rather we be debating about how we saved the planet, and us, and other people??????????

Should I even have to ask that question? If there was a sliver  of hope that we, Generation Y, could make a change and save the world, and do something that the dumb generations before us couldn't do, why would you want to pass up that kind of opertunity?  :(

PS. I love the nic you came up with for tridecagirl. Deca.........that is beyond good.

Not that I would disagree that this is happening, but I don't think there's anything we as a species can do to prevent it (it's happened before, it will happen again) ... another reason i'm in favour of bubbleheadedness lol ^_^

I just sometimes think I'd be happier not knowing, or not caring. And happiest if it wasn't happening at all. And the truth is, the bubbleheads weren't ripping up the environment like we do. And I'm a mega tree hugger.

actually i think bubbleheads woulod tear the environment to shreads justt as well, and they would have more fun doing it

Are you talking about bubbleheads in our world or in Tally's?? because that makes a HUGE difference to this debate :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kjhgdhhp.

• So it's been a while huh?
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2010, 12:41:49 PM »

Are you talking about bubbleheads in our world or in Tally's?? because that makes a HUGE difference to this debate :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

our world

Then yeah, I totally agree with you :) it just wouldn't work in today's society, to much thought is needed for everyday life :) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Pedestrian

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2010, 07:08:27 AM »

IDK I'm in the IB, so no AP classes for me.

HECK YEAH. MOAR IB KIDS. xDDD

Hang on...I'm going to say something of relevance after I read this topic...

Pedestrian

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2010, 07:27:16 AM »

i c wut u did thar.

So if we call that effect "bubblehead evolution", I can prove that western society is already reversing it.
Western society rewards intelligence. If you're smart, if you go pursue higher education, you will get a better-paying job and have a better standard of living. People who are intelligent and capable of thinking for themselves are not (always) alienated from society.

Possibly this or other factors has led to something called the Flynn effect--an overall increase in average IQ scores in developed countries over time.
Anti-bubblehead evolution.

Pedestrian

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 08:21:13 AM »

Interesting, but can you clarify your point in relation to what I said?

That higher education =/= thinking for yourself?

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2010, 04:20:57 AM »

But what about that thing where people's beliefs are reinforce after they are with a group that believe the samething that they do? (Sorry i can't remember what it's call- AP Psych failed me lol). But wouldn't it happen when people of high intelligence are gathered together for a cause like that? Wouldn't they just become their own clique, in turn making it so that they become bubbleheaded and because they'll be doing exactly as the bubbleheads do?

You can see the effect on TV, movies, books. It really does happen. And by doing that, they just become bubbleheads themselves and then what do you have? Just bubbleheads that happen to have higher IQs than others.

And evolutionarily speaking, if the Flynn effect does take hold, it won't really matter because then there won't be anyone who will be extraordinarily smart because everyone will be of the same intelligence.

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2010, 04:43:40 AM »

whats IB???

Emma-la

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2010, 06:18:32 AM »

International Baclaureat (or however you spell that)
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Nikki-La

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
    • Facebook
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 04:07:48 AM »

never heard of it before. what is it?
Pages: 1 [2] 3