Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Hello, everyone!  (Read 3443 times)

FirelordAzula

• I'll show you lightning!
Hello, everyone!
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:45:44 AM »

Hi there! I have been reading this forum for a while, but only today bothered to sign up.

I have read all of Scott's teen books other than pretties, specials, and extras. I also love the Percy Jackson series, all of Tamora Pierce' s books, all of Terry Pratchett' s books, and plenty more that I won't bore you with. As shown by my username, I also love Avatar:The Last Airbender.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Westerforum Resident Thing-Starter!

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
Re: Hello, everyone!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 10:50:53 AM »

OKAY. SO. NOT ONLY DO YOU LIKE ATLA, BUT YOU ALSO QUOTED HITCHHIKERS GUIDE TO THE GALAXY. SO. OH MY GOD. YOURE GREAT.

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

FirelordAzula

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 10:53:37 AM »

Thank you! I love when people get that reference. Those books are awesome for that quote alone.

What do you like to read other than Scott's books?

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 10:55:15 AM »

*knocks FirelordAzula on the head* THAT'S FOR THE WATER TRIBE!

Hey there, I'm Blue :) Welcome to the forum!
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

"God can write straight with crooked lines. We just have to let Him in."
      ~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

"Love is a losing game...one I wish I never played..."
       ~ Amy Winehouse

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »

I have a poster with that quote on it!!! The books are awesome for more than that quote, though. Like 42!

Nice to meet you! Also: Someone else who're read Succession? :o Or did you forget Scott wrote that...
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

FirelordAzula

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 10:57:26 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I love all four nations. I just happen to love Azula' s character and name. Please don't make all the water and earth benders gang up on me!

FirelordAzula

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »

Sorry, panz, but I had forgotten that one...I am afraid that I haven't yet read it.

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 11:05:04 AM »

FOR THE AIR NOMADS! *sends a truck flying at nothing*

I like Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Ender's Game, and a bunch of other less popular books.

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

Candle

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 11:09:25 AM »

SNEAK ATTACK FOR THE WATER TRIBE

FirelordAzula

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 11:11:51 AM »

Yes! We now have 2 water tribe, an air monad, and a fire Lord. We just need a earth bender to have a complete set.

I have definitely read Harry Potter, and I love it. Read hunger games(all three) but not a huge fan.

FirelordAzula

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 11:12:40 AM »

Yes! We now have 2 water tribe, an air monad, and a fire Lord. We just need a earth bender to have a complete set.

I have definitely read Harry Potter, and I love it. Read hunger games(all three) but not a huge fan.

I meant nomad...

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 11:20:20 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I love all four nations. I just happen to love Azula' s character and name. Please don't make all the water and earth benders gang up on me!

'Course not; I was just giving you a hard time. I do that to everyone :P What's your favorite TV show?
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

"God can write straight with crooked lines. We just have to let Him in."
      ~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

"Love is a losing game...one I wish I never played..."
       ~ Amy Winehouse

FirelordAzula

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 11:23:37 AM »

'Course not; I was just giving you a hard time. I do that to everyone :P What's your favorite TV show?

That is still going? I am currently watching Once upon a time, doctor who, and anxiously waiting for more Sherlock. I also have watched a few different amines on Netflix.

No hard feelings. I love friendly rivalries, especially about fictitious subjects.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 11:29:16 AM »

Which animes? (Why does my spell check not accept animes as the plural of anime!?)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

FirelordAzula

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 11:41:13 AM »

Which animes? (Why does my spell check not accept animes as the plural of anime!?)

Let's see here...Ah! My Goddess, Fairy Tail, and Ouran Host Club mostly. One or two may have slipped my mind. Mainly just shojo. Read a good portion of OMG manga, but not many others. I also read Megatokyo, though that doesn't really count as Japanese manga. ;D

Pages: [1] 2