Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY RP!!)  (Read 909 times)

U-126

Re: Huntsmen and Huntresses (RWBY RP!!)
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2017, 01:24:48 PM »

Well, I had my captain's license at 16/17, so it is possible, though difficult and requiring lots of study and dedication.
Ich bin ein Wolf auf die Suche!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2017, 02:10:13 PM »

Hmmm, true, but the setting of RWBY is unclear on a lot of military, especially not nautical. Although I wont say no if you think itd work! But maybe becoming a captain is one of her goals? Since she's going to be attending a school to become a Huntress to fight giant monsters, id also think that being a captain would be a career that would be difficult to combine that level of advanced fantasy schoolwork with? However, again, I suppose that since there's so set rules for that stuff, you can do what you please!! RWBY has a vast world, and im sure there's plenty of opportunities for captains!
pull the trigger, piglet,

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2017, 02:07:12 AM »

Name: Phoenix Elder
Age (Most Beacon Academy students are around 17): 17
Theme Color: Orange (some red, but mostly orange)
Appearance (Include their clothing and hair and such!): Phoenix has short messy and spiky orange hair, as well as weary yellow eyes and a hooked nose. He has a heart-shaped face and is about 5'6". He's also very thin and lithe, to the point where worried mothers would fear he's not eating enough. Phoenix wears an orange vest waistcoat thing with a red gradient occuring towards the bottom of it, as well as dark red capri leggings that end in orange stripes. Phoenix walks barefoot when in his usual garb. He also wears his weapon strapped to his back and has a black/orange/red modified gas mask usually worn like a necklace but also wearable around his mouth and nose to help him deal with the smoke from his weapon.
Personality: Phoenix is a confident and sassy kid, full of sarcasm and smirks. She can seem a bit insensitive to others without meaning to, but values friendship greatly. She worries a lot about money and food, and has a seemingly unending appetite. She loves being unpredictable, especially in battle, as she finds keeping people on their toes is hilarious.
Weapon(s): Phoenix fights with a flamethrower he named 'Hephaestus Match'. 
Other (Include inspiration, any fun facts about their name or design, and if you want, Backstory!): Phoenix is genderfluid and alternates between he/him and she/her pronouns. Phoenix's first name brings to mind reds and oranges due to fire, and Phoenix's surname is based off the Old Norse root word for fire, 'elde'. Phoenix is from Mistral and spent a long time homeless and poor after being disowned by her family. Phoenix is based off of 'The Little Match Girl'.

Here's my other character!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 09:59:36 AM by GreyCaboose »

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »

Name: Ianthine Lampyridae
Theme Color: purple (Ianthine means purple)
Appearance: wears a long chainmail tunic with a skirt that goes down to her knees, but she’s tied a plum purple sash/belt around her wait to make it look like a dress (she keeps all her dust crystals in here), she also wears a lavender shawl over all this, tall with long legs and she’s pretty buff under the chainmail, greyish purple hair that goes down to her mid back, usually in a braid
Personality: bubbly as all hell, a bit socially awkward because she’s led a very sheltered life but that doesn’t stop her from being the most obnoxiously friendly person in the world, on the flip side she can be terrifyingly clinical and calculating sometimes, and she’s incredibly ambitious and intensely focused on her goals, whatever they may be
Weapon(s): a lantern shield (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lantern_shield), the lantern has a slot for a dust crystal and she can make elemental lasers with it by using her semblance to direct a beam of light through the crystal, there’s also a blade thing like in the wiki picture so she’s covered with close range combat, long range combat, and defense, the whole thing can fold back into the gauntlet for travel, the metal is silver with purple decals to match her color scheme
Other: based on the Japanese legend of the Firefly’s Lovers. Her semblance is the ability to create intense flashes of light to distract enemies and power her weapon, and sometimes she likes to use it to make pretty light shows too. Her parents are rich civilians with ties to Vale’s government who wanted to marry her off young, but Ianthine is committed to her combat training and she made a deal with them that she’d go to Beacon to find a warrior who’s worthy of being her suitor. Despite what she says to her parents marriage is low on her to do list, becoming a huntress comes first

well here's another one then
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:30:33 AM by ravenoid-ish »
(insert something cute/witty/philosophical here)

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2017, 09:53:51 AM »

Awesome!!!!!! This is great!!!!!!

ravenoid-ish

• \_(ツ)_/
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2017, 10:36:39 AM »

*finger guns*
(insert something cute/witty/philosophical here)

U-126

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 02:19:31 PM »

Hey sorry I haven't posted mine yet...been super busy with some drills on the ship. I'll post it this week.
Ich bin ein Wolf auf die Suche!

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2017, 02:55:10 PM »

Awesome!!! That's fine by me!
Pages: 1 2 [3]