Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Getting stalked by colleges  (Read 799 times)

FirelordAzula

• I'll show you lightning!
Getting stalked by colleges
« on: October 16, 2013, 11:28:41 PM »

Yes, I mean the colleges themselves are stalking me. I am currently a junior in high school who takes some dual enrolment classes and ever since the ACT I've been getting constant ads in the mail from colleges. The university of Chicago in particular has been unrelenting, with me getting something every week for the last month or two. Considering that I plan on attending a local community college for a while, then my state university, this is getting really annoying.

Anyone else having these issues?
Westerforum Resident Thing-Starter!

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
Re: Getting stalked by colleges
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »

It just happens, everyone gets it. I have friends that are in college that still get mail.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 03:15:04 AM »

Back when I was in grade 12 I gave my information to the Art Insititute of Vancouver, because I was interested in attending an informational meeting about their classes. Which turned out to be a trap....

And now I'm still receiving emails and snail mail from them, even though (and I've told them) I won't be going to their school :I

Reenie-La

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 04:48:08 AM »

I got a call from the Middle East about furthering my education the other day and I was like...um, I don't wanna go to college and I'm technically not graduated so please don't call me again.

Time Blitz

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 09:56:49 AM »

Cornell, Brown, University of Miami, etc.

And West Point won't leave me alone.

It all started in the 7th grade, when I got a cumulative score of 28 on the ACT.....

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 10:08:48 AM »

You were getting colleges' attention in seventh grade? :o
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Xeno-SP

• Good. I'm always good.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2013, 08:40:30 AM »

I got a call from the Middle East about furthering my education the other day and I was like...um, I don't wanna go to college and I'm technically not graduated so please don't call me again.
Are u serious? U got a call from Middle East? I'm surprise they even have college over there. Why on earth would the middle eastern call an American to go to his college?

And PanzerBlitz...u got college letters all the way from 7th grade? That's not believable! But it may happen on smart asians. Hell, if yo smart, join the tank military academy!

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 01:28:42 PM »

I have the same problem, and IM IN COLLEGE ALREADY.
Admittedly its community college (and I intend to transfer) but REALLY.
Also, on a realted note, I get adds from Vector Marketing (aka the "Cutco Scam"), despite the fact that I did their worthless crap for four months and left a fist-sized hole in the wall.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Time Blitz

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2013, 10:22:12 PM »

Are u serious? U got a call from Middle East? I'm surprise they even have college over there. Why on earth would the middle eastern call an American to go to his college?

And PanzerBlitz...u got college letters all the way from 7th grade? That's not believable! But it may happen on smart asians. Hell, if yo smart, join the tank military academy!

America doesn't let women be tank commanders or part of a crew.

Xeno-SP

• Good. I'm always good.
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 02:03:03 AM »

America doesn't let women be tank commanders or part of a crew.
Awww...that's sad, man. So, what do you want to be when you grow up?