Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: Random RP One Shots  (Read 14479 times)

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
Re: Random RP One Shots
« Reply #300 on: March 01, 2019, 03:22:48 PM »

btw Dame was texting Aph.... this is around the time they got together in secret :P
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
----------------------------------
www.youtube.com/maragrace

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #301 on: March 01, 2019, 03:28:39 PM »

Aawweeeeee Dame you sly dog

Emma-la

« Reply #302 on: March 01, 2019, 03:46:04 PM »

Ok that got me emotional and I remember almost nothing from that rp
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #303 on: March 10, 2019, 06:00:25 AM »

I've been toying with this one for a long time now. Please don't be mad at me! ;)

Roleplay: Apartment Complex/What Happened in France…
Title: Winn's Last Game
Characters Involved: Marquel, Katie, Eleanor, Elizabeth, Lilly, James, Eli, Penny Shepherd; Esmari Parker. And of course, Winn Parker (but only mentioned)
Guidance Rating/Content: G

Eleanor walked back to the car, holding her Dad’s hand. She had just played a game, which they had won. She was tired, sweaty, and dirty; usually she would have left with a big smile but it was the first game without him and it felt almost wrong to smile. Eleanor stopped at the car and looked up at her Dad as he opened the hatch and put her bag in the back.

“Daddy…I don’t want to play soccer anymore,” Eleanor announced. He stared back at her, his brow creasing together and mouth curling down.

“Ellie…” he said and came back round, kneeling down in front of her, “I know it’s hard, but he wouldn’t want you to quit,” her Dad said. Eleanor felt her tears trickle down her cheeks which he gently wiped away, “It’s okay to be sad, we all are, but you don’t have to give up things you love because they remind you of him. If anything you should hold onto those things; remember all the good times you had,”

“I miss him,” Eleanor said quietly and sunk into his arms, letting tears stream down her cheeks and soak her dad’s shirt.

~~~

5 months earlier

"Uncle Winn is very sick…" Marquel said carefully as he looked at the three girls. It was such a hard conversation to have, especially with his wife sitting beside him, silently crying into his shoulder. His three daughters looked back at them with understanding in their young eyes. They knew what cancer was, Elizabeth especially. They knew it was bad.

"Will he get better…like Lizzie?" Eleanor asked, though she knew by her dad's expression and her mother's tears that he would not. Marquel took a deep breath and shook his head,

"No…no they don't think so sweetie," he replied. It had been a very difficult few weeks, starting with Winn collapsing at the soccer field during a practice with the girls. Marquel had been the one to call 911 and then Esmari as he rode in the ambulance with his brother in law. It had been one of the most difficult conversations Marquel had ever endured, only surpassed by the call from Esmari that morning telling them Winn's cancer was terminal.

"No…he has to get better!" Eleanor cried out, eyes wide with grief and fear, "What about the rest of the season! He has to be there!"  she exclaimed.

"I'm sorry Ellie,  he won't be able to," Marquel said calmly, though it broke his heart to see her so distraught.

"It's not fair!" she cried, her anger surprising Marquel. Eleanor got up from the couch and ran off to her room; Marquel winced when he heard the door slam shut. His other daughter, Lilly, hesitated a moment as tears welled up in her eyes, then she ran after Eleanor to comfort her sister. That left Elizabeth sitting on the couch, staring at the ground with a small frown.

"Will I get sick one day too?" she asked, glancing up at Marquel and Katie. It was the last thing Marquel wanted  to think about; his little girl going through cancer again.

"I…" he started, but couldn't answer. He did not know what would happen. He could not make a promise like that to her, "it's possible, but…but that's why we see the doctor so often, so we catch it before it gets really bad," Marquel said carefully. He gently drew his daughter into his arms and kissed the top of her head, "I love you so much Lizzie," he whispered.

~~~

Winn died just 5 months later, in a hospice. Esmari had been by his side, clinging to his hand when Winn took his final breath. The cancer took him so fast; he endured so much pain and so much suffering but at least it was short lived. That was little comfort when she was standing before his grave, dressed in black and watching as they lowered his coffin into the ground. A steady stream of tears fell down her already red and puffy cheeks; Esmari hadn't stopped crying for months it seemed. The one person that truly understood her was gone. The one person that could make her happy was gone.

She felt a comforting hand on her back and looked up to see James standing beside her, face just as red and tear-stained as her own. He understood the pain in her heart. He'd experienced the same excruciating loss. She buried her face into him and sobbed uncontrollably; James simply held her in silence for a long time before finally whispering,

"I know."

"Will it ever get better?" Esmari questioned. James didn't respond immediately, seeming to contemplate the question. He stared at the grave of his best friend with a small frown.

"No," he said honestly, thinking about Lisa. He would never feel complete again, for as long as he lived. She was his other half and nothing could make her loss better. "But it gets tolerable," he said softly. Esmari pulled back and looked up at him again, lip trembling. She felt this immense pain in her heart, like it was being torn apart piece by piece.

"He…he's really gone." She said and stared at the grave again. It was horrible but party of her was relieved. No longer would she have to watch him suffer. Watch him whither away. He was finally free of all that.

"You will see him again," James said confidently, "we will see them both again," he added in more of a whisper. Esmari smiled just a little, knowing that Winn had given his life to the Lord not long before losing his fight. Just as she had. It was the only thing getting her though the nightmare. Esmari gave a little nod and withdrew from James.

"Thank you," she whispered and hugged him once more before heading back to the car waiting to take her back home. Penny, Eli and their son were already sitting in the back. Eli held Penny in his arms, rubbing her back as she cried into him…just as she had done for him 8 years prior when the roles were reversed.

Esmari heaved a deep sigh and slid into the passenger seat. She stole one last glance out the window at the grave before the car pulled out of the cemetery.

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”

MercyResurrected

• Death Inspires Me Like a Dog Inspires a Rabbit
« Reply #304 on: March 10, 2019, 06:38:45 AM »

RUDE. I DIDNT GIVE YOU PERMISSION TO GET ME TO CRY AT WORK STINA!!!

kristina-la

• A 1000 times I've failed still your mercy remains
    • tumblr
« Reply #305 on: March 10, 2019, 06:41:38 AM »

SORRY!!!!

“No matter how filthy something gets, you can always clean it right up”
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]