Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 ... 1586

Author Topic: CONFESSIONS.  (Read 538546 times)

Reenie-La

Re: CONFESSIONS.
« Reply #23715 on: January 15, 2019, 07:02:13 AM »

Would you like me to pray for you Reenie? :(

Thanks GeeBee, that is really sweet. <3

Lately I've been so frustrated with life, but I'll be okay c:

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #23716 on: January 15, 2019, 04:32:56 PM »

Confession: I've come to realize that I'm not going to be happy. And that probably sounds incredibly overdramatic, but let me explain. There are two sides to me; there's the side of me who has always been disgusted with how society has become, and that wants to live outside of that, set a course for correction. However, that self will be unhappy, because she grew up in the "that's just how it is" society, and so her goals and wants and all that are things from that upbringing, from the society she so hates. If I stay who I was raised, I'll always want something more fresh and real, but if I become the person I'm on route to become, I'll be left mourning the life I left.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23717 on: January 15, 2019, 11:44:49 PM »

Confession: I've come to realize that I'm not going to be happy. And that probably sounds incredibly overdramatic, but let me explain. There are two sides to me; there's the side of me who has always been disgusted with how society has become, and that wants to live outside of that, set a course for correction. However, that self will be unhappy, because she grew up in the "that's just how it is" society, and so her goals and wants and all that are things from that upbringing, from the society she so hates. If I stay who I was raised, I'll always want something more fresh and real, but if I become the person I'm on route to become, I'll be left mourning the life I left.

Well which person do you think is correct?

抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #23718 on: January 16, 2019, 02:31:49 AM »

Thatís just it, they both are

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #23719 on: January 16, 2019, 04:13:37 PM »

Confession: I'm not afraid of dying. And again, this is probably going to be all over the place, so I'm going to try to stay streamlined. I'm not afraid of dying, but rather, I worry for the chaos that follows in the wake of a death, and even more so, I fear that I will not leave an imprint on the world. Maybe that makes me a narcissist. But I feel like I have to leave something behind, something to be immortalized by in some way, shape or form. Not even immortality is forever since everything is always changing, but it would be nice to think that long after I'm gone some piece of me would still remain.

Emma-la

« Reply #23720 on: January 18, 2019, 05:15:29 PM »

Confession: I thought I had things under control but I had a really bad panic attack at cheer practice last night and Iím so scared itíll happen again, Iíve been on the verge of tears constantly and my heart wonít stop racing. If itís not better tomorrow I donít know what to do, because I canít live in a constant state of panic. Thank god im seeing my counselor tomorrow so maybe she has a magic cure
ďThe only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.Ē
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23721 on: January 18, 2019, 06:47:37 PM »

Confession: I'm not afraid of dying. And again, this is probably going to be all over the place, so I'm going to try to stay streamlined. I'm not afraid of dying, but rather, I worry for the chaos that follows in the wake of a death, and even more so, I fear that I will not leave an imprint on the world. Maybe that makes me a narcissist. But I feel like I have to leave something behind, something to be immortalized by in some way, shape or form. Not even immortality is forever since everything is always changing, but it would be nice to think that long after I'm gone some piece of me would still remain.

Do you want to talk about it?

Confession: I thought I had things under control but I had a really bad panic attack at cheer practice last night and Iím so scared itíll happen again, Iíve been on the verge of tears constantly and my heart wonít stop racing. If itís not better tomorrow I donít know what to do, because I canít live in a constant state of panic. Thank god im seeing my counselor tomorrow so maybe she has a magic cure

I'll be praying you don't panic again Emma!

抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #23722 on: January 19, 2019, 08:46:32 PM »

Confession: Sometimes I wonder if the environment Iím in is pushing me to ascribe to a life path that wonít make me happy in the long run. I donít instinctively feel that this is true, but I donít know that it isnít true either. I guess Iíll have to continually reevaluate my direction, which is rewarding, but also exhausting. I donít know whatís scarier, having a plan and knowing that it might not be the right one, or having no plan at all.

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23723 on: January 19, 2019, 11:05:40 PM »

I'm in a very similar situation, Cat.

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #23724 on: January 24, 2019, 09:47:02 AM »

Confession: I'm still going to work on my writing and hopefully self-publish my work one day, but I'm using a damn pen name and never putting my face on there. The culture we live in, where we mercilessly "drag" and "cancel" someone over things that happened months or even YEARS ago, where we have a digital record of everything everyone's ever said, where we threaten people's livelihoods, families and friends, their safety, and their very LIVES, over anything and everything - this has all convinced me of the stupidity and recklessness of putting yourself out into the world. I would never want to put my loved ones in danger because someone doesn't like something I wrote. And honestly, I don't want to live in any more fear of the general public than I already do. I still want to be a published author, but this is the only way I'm willing to go about it.
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23725 on: January 24, 2019, 06:04:41 PM »

If you ever get to a point where you do publish, I know a book cover designer.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #23726 on: January 26, 2019, 05:26:00 PM »

Okay 2 things first is that i really freaking miss my friends from last semester like i really really really miss them im super sad rn and second my friends are just super unaccepting that i dont want to go out and drink anymore. Like my one friend is always like "you cant just shut us out" and im not but just....why does every social activity have to revolve around alcohol? I hate it. I don't want to waste money on it, im over it.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23727 on: January 26, 2019, 05:40:14 PM »

Are you ok Clare? :( It's not your fault they've got one-track minds.

抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23728 on: January 27, 2019, 03:54:37 AM »

I always felt awkward around social events that involve drinking, what helps me is that I made a lot of older friends, and they're more accepting of people that don't drink. I also realized that I have a lot of friends that don't like the taste of alcohol either so that helped. I think with people in their late teens and early twenties since their first out on their own, / old enough to drink drinking is sort of a novelty thing that is kind of fun to explore, same with nightlife so they mostly do that for the thrill.

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #23729 on: January 27, 2019, 05:51:34 AM »

Okay 2 things first is that i really freaking miss my friends from last semester like i really really really miss them im super sad rn and second my friends are just super unaccepting that i dont want to go out and drink anymore. Like my one friend is always like "you cant just shut us out" and im not but just....why does every social activity have to revolve around alcohol? I hate it. I don't want to waste money on it, im over it.

One day, they'll chug 3 Four Lokos and then spend the entire next day in pain and vomiting, and then they will see the light of the sober side. They will see that you were right all along.
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo
Pages: 1 ... 1580 1581 [1582] 1583 1584 ... 1586