Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 1585 1586 [1587] 1588 1589 ... 1591

Author Topic: CONFESSIONS.  (Read 611646 times)

Sadie-la

• they/them
Re: CONFESSIONS.
« Reply #23790 on: April 05, 2019, 03:00:50 PM »

I also have a positive confession!!

I haven't been around here much because I have been trying to distance myself from technology and be more immersed in ~real life~ which has been a blessing.  I got a flip phone which is wayyy cheaper and makes me able to actually spend time making art and taking care of myself and being around people I care about and I just generally feel so much lighter and so much more present, partially because of the technology thing and partially just because I think I'm learning to actually just do what I want and be freeeee.  Good stuff.

On the flip side though I am kind of sad right now because I've been reminiscing on my past friendships that have corroded and I just really miss a lot of people and really wish that they could have stayed in my life.  It's strange to think of someone as your family and then it all just falls apart and you can't be there for each other anymore, at least not in the same way.  It's not that I necessarily want these people back in my life, I'm just still conflicted about what to do with all my love for them.

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #23791 on: April 12, 2019, 08:06:53 AM »

Idk why right now specifically but Iím hella fucking stressed and itís really disorienting and thereís so much to get done in the next year aaaaaaaah

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23792 on: April 12, 2019, 10:18:35 AM »

*hugs*

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #23793 on: April 16, 2019, 02:23:30 PM »

Confession: I have been in such a state for the past week it's driving me crazy and I don't know how to feel anymore like everything suddenly got very good with lots of good news and then everything from there got super confusing and now it looks like I'm getting kinda lowkey everything I wanted but it also feels not real and like it's gonna go away in two seconds if I look the other way and so I'm also anxious? It's all over the place, but I can't admit that I'm anxious because if I do then it suddenly opens up this can of worms like OH WELL OBVIOUSLY YOU SHOULD GO ON MEDS but I don't need those to deal with this I just need to take a break for a little bit and step back except I can't because if I do I lose it all. Ugh.
Member since April 24th 2010.
----------------------------------
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23794 on: April 18, 2019, 02:41:59 AM »

I get how you feel.

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23795 on: April 18, 2019, 07:48:22 PM »

I haven't been around here much because I have been trying to distance myself from technology and be more immersed in ~real life~ which has been a blessing.  I got a flip phone which is wayyy cheaper and makes me able to actually spend time making art and taking care of myself and being around people I care about and I just generally feel so much lighter and so much more present, partially because of the technology thing and partially just because I think I'm learning to actually just do what I want and be freeeee.  Good stuff.

On the flip side though I am kind of sad right now because I've been reminiscing on my past friendships that have corroded and I just really miss a lot of people and really wish that they could have stayed in my life.  It's strange to think of someone as your family and then it all just falls apart and you can't be there for each other anymore, at least not in the same way.  It's not that I necessarily want these people back in my life, I'm just still conflicted about what to do with all my love for them.

DUDE I'VE BEEN TRYING THE SAME THING I haven't gotten to the point of making ~R~E~A~L~A~R~T~ yet but I pray that it is SOON BECAUSE I HUNGER FOR THIS SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT AT MAKING BEAUTY. You're an inspiration. ;D

Idk why right now specifically but Iím hella fucking stressed and itís really disorienting and thereís so much to get done in the next year aaaaaaaah

Are you surviving my dude? D: I'm praying everything works out for the best and you get some peace in your life.

Confession: I have been in such a state for the past week it's driving me crazy and I don't know how to feel anymore like everything suddenly got very good with lots of good news and then everything from there got super confusing and now it looks like I'm getting kinda lowkey everything I wanted but it also feels not real and like it's gonna go away in two seconds if I look the other way and so I'm also anxious? It's all over the place, but I can't admit that I'm anxious because if I do then it suddenly opens up this can of worms like OH WELL OBVIOUSLY YOU SHOULD GO ON MEDS but I don't need those to deal with this I just need to take a break for a little bit and step back except I can't because if I do I lose it all. Ugh.

DUDE I have also suffered with chronic anxiety and I Can Tell You Now meds are NOT the answer and I promise you things will get better soon. I'll be praying that you do, and if you wanna talk about anything my PM box is always open. :)

I get how you feel.

You okay Julia? :(
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

And chacha real smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcQxRr1cSw

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #23796 on: April 19, 2019, 01:34:25 AM »

On the flip side I also have anxiety and for me meds very much were the answer Į\_(ツ)_/Į Iíd recommend seeing a therapist; patient confidentiality means they legally canít tell anyone else (unless ordered to by a court but thatís like real unlikely), so no one in has to know if you donít want them to, and therapy is wonderful and helpful and a therapist can help you decide if meds are right for you!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Mara-la

• strange fruit
    • Instagram
« Reply #23797 on: April 20, 2019, 11:10:22 AM »

On the flip side I also have anxiety and for me meds very much were the answer Į\_(ツ)_/Į Iíd recommend seeing a therapist; patient confidentiality means they legally canít tell anyone else (unless ordered to by a court but thatís like real unlikely), so no one in has to know if you donít want them to, and therapy is wonderful and helpful and a therapist can help you decide if meds are right for you!

Ah this is a very complicated thing for me and there's a lot of history so in this case it was just a matter of the person in question was being pretty insensitive and it was feeding into the chaos loop but yes, therapy is very helpful and meds can defs be helpful for many people!
Member since April 24th 2010.
Author of "We All Come Home"
Short story; pub. March 2018
in Scarborough Fair Magazine
www.youtube.com/maragrace

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #23798 on: April 20, 2019, 04:14:47 PM »

Cool cool! Good luck getting everything worked out!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Reenie-La

« Reply #23799 on: April 23, 2019, 09:54:08 AM »

That's awesome Sadie!

I hear ya on not knowing what to do with love for people that used to be in your life.

Ghost44

• Almost a legal drug dealer
« Reply #23800 on: April 27, 2019, 07:07:13 AM »

I graduate pharmacy school in like July, and I walk at commencement on May 4th. But I just don't feel like it is really that big of an achievement. I've expected this result for the past 8 years. I'm going to be able to call myself doctor, but it just doesn't seem special.
Together we are stronger

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23801 on: April 27, 2019, 12:53:46 PM »

I graduate pharmacy school in like July, and I walk at commencement on May 4th. But I just don't feel like it is really that big of an achievement. I've expected this result for the past 8 years. I'm going to be able to call myself doctor, but it just doesn't seem special.

It's been proven that most of our fulfillment and joy comes from making progress towards a goal we deem worthwhile, rather than from the moment of accomplishing it. This is actually a good thing though! If it was the reverse then we'd only enjoy like, a percent of a percent of our lives!
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

And chacha real smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcQxRr1cSw

Ghost44

• Almost a legal drug dealer
« Reply #23802 on: April 27, 2019, 05:10:06 PM »

It's been proven that most of our fulfillment and joy comes from making progress towards a goal we deem worthwhile, rather than from the moment of accomplishing it. This is actually a good thing though! If it was the reverse then we'd only enjoy like, a percent of a percent of our lives!

Well, there really hasn't been any fulfillment or joy from it...
Together we are stronger

|ĸιrα|

• Dost thou comprehend?
« Reply #23803 on: April 28, 2019, 08:06:43 AM »

I went to a fundraiser today for a friend that was recently diagnosed with cancer and I am just kind of emo now lol like it was so so so good to see him and i missed him so much and he's always just been such a special person to me and I just. Seeing him have to go through this s u c k s and im emo

Twist the bones and bend the back
Trim him of his baby fat
Give him hair black as black
Just...like...this

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23804 on: April 28, 2019, 02:24:49 PM »

I'm so sorry Clare.
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで