Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 1588 1589 [1590]

Author Topic: CONFESSIONS.  (Read 599002 times)

Ghost44

• Almost a legal drug dealer
Re: CONFESSIONS.
« Reply #23835 on: July 11, 2019, 04:05:30 AM »

I was so close to passing out today after I donated blood and it really is making me rethink whether I should keep doing it. I want to so badly, itís like one of the very few good deeds I can do, but it always bodies me for at least a day and this is the second time itís made me almost pass out.

Do you schedule when you donate or is it more spur of the moment? If it is the former, you can prepare for it by making sure you've eaten and drank a lot of water; and if you already do this maybe you could increase your intake and it would make you feel better? Do they do the iron test when you are signing in? It could also be possible you have mild anemia, but I would think they'd catch that.

It is great what you are doing, but you have to make sure you're safe. Could be worth taking to your doctor/someone from one of the donating centers about it if you do decide to continue. 

Together we are stronger

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #23836 on: July 25, 2019, 02:39:18 AM »

Confession: I'm currently working two jobs, full time at mu salon and part time at a pet store, and even though I know I need to reduce my hours at the pet store, I'm having trouble letting go. I really like my coworkers, and the job, and I feel bad leaving. But on the other hand, I only have one day off every week between the two jobs, and I'm constantly exhausted and don't want to go to either job anymore. I don't know what to do.
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23837 on: July 30, 2019, 01:36:28 AM »

I really want to get out of my hometown, it's not accessible at all. Sometimes I feel trapped here. I don't have the means to leave though, I'd also be severing professional contacts and experiences I'm just starting to have. I can't stay here for too long.

Maybe 5 years longer, but more than that is not going to be good for me.

RedneckedGent

« Reply #23838 on: July 30, 2019, 01:03:41 PM »

Confession: I'm really feeling my singleness right now. So mant people I know are married, often with kids, and here I am almost 30 and still single.

Edit: Also, I think I have a crush on someone.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 01:15:37 PM by RedneckedGent »

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23839 on: July 30, 2019, 09:04:52 PM »

Dating is hard.

RedneckedGent

« Reply #23840 on: August 07, 2019, 12:58:30 PM »

-m gonna ask her if she wants to go out for drinks next time I see her.

Reenie-La

« Reply #23841 on: August 09, 2019, 06:31:14 AM »

I really want to get out of my hometown, it's not accessible at all. Sometimes I feel trapped here. I don't have the means to leave though, I'd also be severing professional contacts and experiences I'm just starting to have. I can't stay here for too long.

5 years is a long time ;o Professional contacts can still give excellent references no matter where you go. You're young, it's natural for young people to move around a bit. Employers are surprisingly aware of that reality at times.  :) I've moved so many times over the last 5 years alone. Keeping in touch with professional contacts helps ensure they remember you well enough to give detailed accounts to potential employers. A simple card around the holidays is (almost) always a classy move. Like if they are adamantly against all things holiday occasional emails work well too. I've even become friends with a teacher or two from high school. All in follow your bliss, if you feel like you need to move -- take steps to make it happen.  :D

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #23842 on: August 09, 2019, 07:28:47 AM »

Confession; I feel like I have completely failed my best friend. I went to go see Uno for the first time in a while (longer than I'd like to admit) and he looks so bad. So skinny and out of shape. And i have no one to blame but myself. I should have been going there more and making sure he was taken care of. I totally failed him.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23843 on: August 11, 2019, 01:25:04 AM »

5 years is a long time ;o Professional contacts can still give excellent references no matter where you go. You're young, it's natural for young people to move around a bit. Employers are surprisingly aware of that reality at times.  :) I've moved so many times over the last 5 years alone. Keeping in touch with professional contacts helps ensure they remember you well enough to give detailed accounts to potential employers. A simple card around the holidays is (almost) always a classy move. Like if they are adamantly against all things holiday occasional emails work well too. I've even become friends with a teacher or two from high school. All in follow your bliss, if you feel like you need to move -- take steps to make it happen.  :D
it's more of I've started involved with a lot of things in my community, they are still forming, and if I left now, it would look bad on me, considering I'm just starting to build rapport, after having a very spotty employment history.

I also really don't have much money yet. Uprooting myself would be a very bad move at this point in my life.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:27:37 AM by Julia The Bookworm »
Pages: 1 ... 1588 1589 [1590]