Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: CONFESSIONS.  (Read 671454 times)

Ghost44

• A Pharmacist
Re: CONFESSIONS.
« Reply #23835 on: July 11, 2019, 04:05:30 AM »

I was so close to passing out today after I donated blood and it really is making me rethink whether I should keep doing it. I want to so badly, its like one of the very few good deeds I can do, but it always bodies me for at least a day and this is the second time its made me almost pass out.

Do you schedule when you donate or is it more spur of the moment? If it is the former, you can prepare for it by making sure you've eaten and drank a lot of water; and if you already do this maybe you could increase your intake and it would make you feel better? Do they do the iron test when you are signing in? It could also be possible you have mild anemia, but I would think they'd catch that.

It is great what you are doing, but you have to make sure you're safe. Could be worth taking to your doctor/someone from one of the donating centers about it if you do decide to continue. 
Death and Taxes

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #23836 on: July 25, 2019, 02:39:18 AM »

Confession: I'm currently working two jobs, full time at mu salon and part time at a pet store, and even though I know I need to reduce my hours at the pet store, I'm having trouble letting go. I really like my coworkers, and the job, and I feel bad leaving. But on the other hand, I only have one day off every week between the two jobs, and I'm constantly exhausted and don't want to go to either job anymore. I don't know what to do.
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23837 on: July 30, 2019, 01:36:28 AM »

I really want to get out of my hometown, it's not accessible at all. Sometimes I feel trapped here. I don't have the means to leave though, I'd also be severing professional contacts and experiences I'm just starting to have. I can't stay here for too long.

Maybe 5 years longer, but more than that is not going to be good for me.

RedneckedGent

« Reply #23838 on: July 30, 2019, 01:03:41 PM »

Confession: I'm really feeling my singleness right now. So mant people I know are married, often with kids, and here I am almost 30 and still single.

Edit: Also, I think I have a crush on someone.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 01:15:37 PM by RedneckedGent »
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell.

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23839 on: July 30, 2019, 09:04:52 PM »

Dating is hard.

RedneckedGent

« Reply #23840 on: August 07, 2019, 12:58:30 PM »

-m gonna ask her if she wants to go out for drinks next time I see her.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." George Orwell.

Reenie-La

« Reply #23841 on: August 09, 2019, 06:31:14 AM »

I really want to get out of my hometown, it's not accessible at all. Sometimes I feel trapped here. I don't have the means to leave though, I'd also be severing professional contacts and experiences I'm just starting to have. I can't stay here for too long.

5 years is a long time ;o Professional contacts can still give excellent references no matter where you go. You're young, it's natural for young people to move around a bit. Employers are surprisingly aware of that reality at times.  :) I've moved so many times over the last 5 years alone. Keeping in touch with professional contacts helps ensure they remember you well enough to give detailed accounts to potential employers. A simple card around the holidays is (almost) always a classy move. Like if they are adamantly against all things holiday occasional emails work well too. I've even become friends with a teacher or two from high school. All in follow your bliss, if you feel like you need to move -- take steps to make it happen.  :D

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #23842 on: August 09, 2019, 07:28:47 AM »

Confession; I feel like I have completely failed my best friend. I went to go see Uno for the first time in a while (longer than I'd like to admit) and he looks so bad. So skinny and out of shape. And i have no one to blame but myself. I should have been going there more and making sure he was taken care of. I totally failed him.

Higher, further, faster

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23843 on: August 11, 2019, 01:25:04 AM »

5 years is a long time ;o Professional contacts can still give excellent references no matter where you go. You're young, it's natural for young people to move around a bit. Employers are surprisingly aware of that reality at times.  :) I've moved so many times over the last 5 years alone. Keeping in touch with professional contacts helps ensure they remember you well enough to give detailed accounts to potential employers. A simple card around the holidays is (almost) always a classy move. Like if they are adamantly against all things holiday occasional emails work well too. I've even become friends with a teacher or two from high school. All in follow your bliss, if you feel like you need to move -- take steps to make it happen.  :D
it's more of I've started involved with a lot of things in my community, they are still forming, and if I left now, it would look bad on me, considering I'm just starting to build rapport, after having a very spotty employment history.

I also really don't have much money yet. Uprooting myself would be a very bad move at this point in my life.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 01:27:37 AM by Julia The Bookworm »

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23844 on: September 01, 2019, 02:55:04 AM »

I keep bouncing between being ok and not ok.
I overthink everything without observing reality, that's how I messed up. Everyone is tired about me talking about this anyway

Echo :)

« Reply #23845 on: September 01, 2019, 10:20:43 AM »

Confession: I finally feel the creativity coming back. It's been about three years since I had any dreams and they've just finally started coming back. It's been about as long since I felt truly creative too, writing, drawing, character creation. All of it. I've missed it.
He looks," Simon had once said to Isabelle, "like he's thinking about something deep and meaningful, but if you ask him what it is, he'll punch you in the face. ~CoFA

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23846 on: September 01, 2019, 12:05:59 PM »

DUDE SAME

Confession: I feel like I've backslid quite a bit in taking care of myself but I'm still feeling much better than I used to! So don't worry bout me y'all I'm doing fine.
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

And chacha real smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcQxRr1cSw

Ghost44

• A Pharmacist
« Reply #23847 on: September 01, 2019, 05:43:40 PM »

Confession: I finished my last class on July 5th, aka finished pharmacy school. Since then, in the nearly 2 months that have passed, I have spend approximately 4 hours applying to jobs and submitting the required records to allow me to take my boards and get licensed. Basically speaking, I haven't done anything. And I've been really depressed - I don't do anything productive because I am depressed then I get depressed because I haven't done anything productive. I just see the point of my life right now. Like, I finished school and that was the major motivator in my life. Now, now I just don't feel like anything matters.
Death and Taxes

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23848 on: September 02, 2019, 01:52:48 PM »

My dude, school was never meant to be the major motivator of your life. You have the entirety of your adult life ahead of you and no one said you have to dive right from years of study into years of work! And if they did they were probably wrong tbh. Take a moment to get some perspective, think about where you've been and where you're going. And for God's sake take some time to look after yourself cause I've yet to meet a student who Does That. Set an early bedtime and get up in time to watch the sun rise, do that for like a week. It'll help, I can't promise it'll solve every problem you'll ever have but it'll make a lot of them much easier to handle. You've got greatness in you bud, don't worry about anything cause it'll never add a day to your life, just relax and take each day as it comes for a while.
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

Matcha marble cheesecake

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

And chacha real smooth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcQxRr1cSw

Ghost44

• A Pharmacist
« Reply #23849 on: September 02, 2019, 03:33:06 PM »

My dude, school was never meant to be the major motivator of your life. You have the entirety of your adult life ahead of you and no one said you have to dive right from years of study into years of work! And if they did they were probably wrong tbh. Take a moment to get some perspective, think about where you've been and where you're going. And for God's sake take some time to look after yourself cause I've yet to meet a student who Does That. Set an early bedtime and get up in time to watch the sun rise, do that for like a week. It'll help, I can't promise it'll solve every problem you'll ever have but it'll make a lot of them much easier to handle. You've got greatness in you bud, don't worry about anything cause it'll never add a day to your life, just relax and take each day as it comes for a while.

It would be so much easier to think that way if I didn't have $275,000 worth of student loans that I have to start paying back in a few months... Idk
Death and Taxes