Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 1571 1572 [1573] 1574 1575

Author Topic: CONFESSIONS.  (Read 494090 times)

GeeBeezy

Re: CONFESSIONS.
« Reply #23580 on: June 14, 2018, 09:29:07 AM »

Are you gonna be okay Clare?

ジャガイモはセクシーで

"Mmph." says Romeo, who in the night has released a special enzyme to digest his own face and fuse himself to Juliet.

|ĸιrα|

• ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵃᵍᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵏᶤᶰᵈ
« Reply #23581 on: June 14, 2018, 09:41:24 AM »

Yeah, peachy

Where there is goodness, there is magic

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23582 on: June 14, 2018, 09:46:20 AM »

Okay. I'll be praying for you.

ジャガイモはセクシーで

"Mmph." says Romeo, who in the night has released a special enzyme to digest his own face and fuse himself to Juliet.

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23583 on: June 25, 2018, 11:57:42 AM »

I haven't been able to read in a long time because I was either really busy and stressed out with work or stressed out with other stuff but I finally have been able to take the time to read and I forgot how much I LOVE BOOKS!  Nothing is more satisfying than staying up late and loosing yourself in a book, something that makes you think and feel alive...

That being said, I kind of want to go to school so I can work in the library someday.
Not just because of that but also because I feel like libraries or a place where people can learn in ways that public schools and universities don't teach people. They Foster The Independent love of learning and a sense of community when they're at their best.

I struggled so much in K through 12 though that I don't know if I ever could get a degree.
Even if I did, there's so many people that want to go in that field that is not be any jobs there and who's to say it's not to go obsolete within our lifetime?

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #23584 on: June 26, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »

Libraries will NEVER be obsolete.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23585 on: June 26, 2018, 10:54:50 AM »

Libraries will NEVER be obsolete.

Maybe not for storage, but kids these days [that's it, I'm officially old, mark your calendar] don't have the attention spans to read books. I think the only solution is to make touchscreen devices more expensive, make old fashioned flip phones more readily available and start putting pictures in books again.

ジャガイモはセクシーで

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23586 on: June 26, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »

XD let's be luddites together.....just kidding.

Libraries, aren't so much only a place for books, so much as for information and technology.

The big thing within that sector is that the the rich keep saying that libraries aren't relevant anymore because they can afford things like internet and a printer, they don't need job interview help, ECT.

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #23587 on: July 10, 2018, 05:50:48 AM »

Iím like in the bathroom at work having a mental breakdown because like All the Shit (not even work related) is happening at once and idfk how to deal with it. I canít wait til 3 weeks from now when I get to go on vacation and hopefully these problems wonít follow me to another continent :/

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23588 on: July 10, 2018, 09:44:14 AM »

I'll be praying that it all works out for you Cat.

ジャガイモはセクシーで

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23589 on: July 13, 2018, 02:59:55 PM »

Iím like in the bathroom at work having a mental breakdown because like All the Shit (not even work related) is happening at once and idfk how to deal with it. I canít wait til 3 weeks from now when I get to go on vacation and hopefully these problems wonít follow me to another continent :/
I had something similar happen to me a couple months ago at work, I wish you the best.

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #23590 on: July 30, 2018, 12:55:20 AM »

I'm going on my first business trip in a couple months, I'm nervous.

GeeBeezy

« Reply #23591 on: July 30, 2018, 09:24:53 AM »

:O business trip?

ジャガイモはセクシーで

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #23592 on: July 30, 2018, 10:26:55 AM »

Good luck!!
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

ChaoticRhymer

« Reply #23593 on: July 30, 2018, 10:31:56 AM »

Good luck Jules.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Blessed are the legend-makers, for they are not found within recorded time": J.R.R. Tolkien.

|ĸιrα|

• ᴴᵃᵛᵉ ᶜᵒᵘʳᵃᵍᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵇᵉ ᵏᶤᶰᵈ
« Reply #23594 on: July 31, 2018, 01:50:04 PM »

So my top choices for grad school are Florida, Australia, or Hawaii and rn Florida is looking the most appealing. But I've decided to apply for the spring semester of 2020 (yikes a new decade) instead of fall of 2019 so I can use next spring to actually sit and talk with my advisor and prepare for the GRE instead of not getting to talk to my advisor and rushing to take the GRE as soon as I get back in December so everything is in on time for the fall semester. This way i can just chill and use next summer/fall to either go back to africa and work for the parks or maybe to Cincinnati cuz i got connections at the Cincinnati zoo and i can work with fiona omg its nice when i stop freaking out about things because then the world becomes my oyster again instead of everything being a source for impending doom.

Where there is goodness, there is magic
Pages: 1 ... 1571 1572 [1573] 1574 1575