Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I'ma Be A Whiner for Zane  (Read 6780 times)

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
Re: I'ma Be A Whiner for Zane
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 05:45:15 AM »

Now, this lead to an interesting question, if he assume that David died, Zane lived, and extras took place more life 200 year into the future, how do you think the ending of the book and the future society would have turned out?

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »

I hate them both equally. Its like friggin' Peeta and Gale in The Hunger Games...I'd rather crack all four of them over the head with the butt of a rifle or some other large, heavy blunt object.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Luna Lovegood

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 04:55:14 AM »

Meh, Zane failed to annoy me, and  he felt like a lot more real than the other characters, he actually had a past and friends and history, which I really liked. I knew that Zane was a popular guy because he had his own group of friend and no some social hermit like Tally and Shay, I knew he was smart because he was able to come up with all of his ugly tricks, and I knew he had a crush on Shay for awhile. All those elements really helped me feel like he was a real character and person.
  With Shay and Tally it felt like they had no life or friends, history or much of anything before the books. Because really, all we know about Tally's past is that she always wanted t be pretty and had a one friend in the entire world. While in Shay's case, all we really know about her past is that she like to hoverboard.   

litexemplar

• 2013 NaNoWriMo Winner HERE!!!!
    • The A.R. Files
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 11:23:04 PM »

I hate them both equally. Its like friggin' Peeta and Gale in The Hunger Games...I'd rather crack all four of them over the head with the butt of a rifle or some other large, heavy blunt object.

Haha! I like you! Actually, the whole "Team This Guy" or "Team That Guy" started more with Twilight, so...if you really want someone to blame, blame Edward and Jacob!
존스 마리아~

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 08:21:46 AM »

Haha! I like you! Actually, the whole "Team This Guy" or "Team That Guy" started more with Twilight, so...if you really want someone to blame, blame Edward and Jacob!
YES.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 10:01:00 AM »

I'm glad I have better things than Twilight to associate the names Edward and Jacob with :)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Straif

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 07:24:19 PM »

I hate them too...ESEPCIALLY because I live in Washington and I see their goddamn faces plastered on T-shirts and book covers and posters all over the damn place...
Some dude actually came to my door dressed as Jacob with his girl as Bella during Halloween. I didn't even open the door.
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

litexemplar

• The A.R. Files
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 03:01:43 AM »

I hate them too...ESEPCIALLY because I live in Washington and I see their goddamn faces plastered on T-shirts and book covers and posters all over the damn place...
Some dude actually came to my door dressed as Jacob with his girl as Bella during Halloween. I didn't even open the door.

Are you serious? I would have loved to have opened the door, looked at them, and then slammed it!  ;D
존스 마리아~

Straif

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »

I thought about doing it, but I'm not THAT mean.
Resident Halo Fanatic

litexemplar

• The A.R. Files
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2013, 05:17:11 AM »

I thought about doing it, but I'm not THAT mean.

True. It's not their fault they'e been Twilight brainwashed (what am I saying? I read all four books and watched the first movie. HYPOCRITE HERE!! <---)
존스 마리아~

Straif

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2013, 04:10:02 PM »

Hypocrite...or person with an opinion that should be accepted?
If you actually LIKE Twilight yourself, and not just because its "popular", then no one has any right to insult you.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 10:07:04 AM »

Hypocrite...or person with an opinion that should be accepted?
If you actually LIKE Twilight yourself, and not just because its "popular", then no one has any right to insult you.
I agree, but they accused someone else of being Twilight brainwashed, when in fact they are also partially brainwashed.

Luna Lovegood

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 08:45:28 AM »

The way I look at Twilight, it is a growing experience. You love it when you're fifteen and get it all out of your system and move on to other more classy books, and when you're about 20, you have a good laugh at the book, and fondly remember what a cute little kid you were fanning out over the book. 

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2013, 12:05:47 PM »

I never loved it, and I'm not even fifteen. And there are 25 year olds who love it.

Luna Lovegood

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2013, 12:23:49 PM »

they must be 25 year old who were never exposed to good lit and going through that phase late.
Pages: 1 [2] 3