Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: are there older users?  (Read 19946 times)

The Primal Song Continues

Re: are there older users?
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2015, 02:45:15 PM »

A couple of glasses of red wine with a meal has been demonstrated to help with cholesterol. ask the French.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2015, 02:48:29 PM »

We know Chisantrix. But that doesn't change the fact that alcohol is bad for developing brains.

[Very funny Cat >.>]

Hiss.

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2015, 03:09:43 PM »

Not my place to legislate morality. If people want to give their kids alcohol the that's their choice.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

One must never tolerate evil. For first, evil is tolerated; then embraced, then ailed as being good, then it becomes unlawful to do what is actually good.

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2015, 03:16:19 PM »

It's an illegal choice. It's not about morality. It's about brain chemistry.

Hiss.

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2015, 03:24:50 PM »

And people who start out drinking small amounts when young don't always become alcoholics. history bears witness.
BTW, the first American coffey shop was established to provide an alternative to drunkenness. And now we're addicted to caffeine.

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2015, 03:29:12 PM »

It isn't about the addiction, it's about how alcohol impedes brain development.

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2015, 03:30:29 PM »

Exactly.

Hiss.

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2015, 03:34:35 PM »

I know, just thought I'd add that interesting piece of trivia.

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2015, 03:38:47 PM »

Fair enough.

Hiss.

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #99 on: March 28, 2015, 02:31:15 AM »

But they still wont let you drink for another 2 years.

Technically, I can as long as the permission of your parents / legal guardian and  on their property you can still drink if you're under 21 in America. You just can't if you're out in a public place like a bar or club.

I've had sips of my parents and old siblings' drinks and I don't think I like alcohol that much even in small amounts so that doesn't really matter to me.

« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2015, 03:13:22 AM »

Ok so you don't like it. nothing wrong with that.

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #101 on: March 28, 2015, 10:07:41 AM »

Yeah, the taste does grow on you if you give it a chance, but I really only enjoy the ones that actually taste good.

Hiss.

« Reply #102 on: March 28, 2015, 11:33:54 AM »

True. I personally don't like IPAs (kind of beer), but do like other varieties. speaking of which I think I'll get a beer now.....

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2015, 12:26:21 PM »

I'm more of a cider guy. They taste fruity, they're usually fizzy and they have lower alcohol content.

Hiss.

« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2015, 12:31:03 PM »

I LOVE CIDER! real homemade cider, not that pasteurized, sweetened stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9