Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Little Bit About Me (Sorta Important)  (Read 2169 times)

Nightwatcher

A Little Bit About Me (Sorta Important)
« on: November 27, 2013, 10:39:50 AM »

Alright, the truth is, I'm going to be leaving the forum tonight at approximately 1900 hours, PST. The reasons for this is because, in all honesty, I miss the excitement and community that thrived here in earlier years. Admittingly, I understand why it's like this now, with no new Westerfeld topics, but I still miss everybody I knew here. Since it turns out that many people (though some may) on the forum today don't really know much about me, I'd thought I'd share a bit.

I...:
...am an adamant Solar Imperialist.
...am a sadist.
...love video games.
...am a cynical person.
...am a romantic person.
...am very rhetorical.
...am very intelligent.
...am very sarcastic.
...despise coffee.
...am Republican.
...am a devote Roman Catholic whose patrons are St. Ignatius of Loyola and St. Maximilian Kolbe.
...am a California Cadet, paritcularly a Cadet Captain, and Acting Brigade Commander of the 18th Brigade
...am a fan of Pink Floyd.
...am a Seattle Seahawks fan (Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch FTW)
...am a Seattle Mariners and a Los Angeles Dodgers fan.
...am a Los Angeles Lakers fan.
...want to learn to play a Roger Waters Fender P-Bass.
...am a Practitioner 2 in Krav Maga.
...cannot shoot to save my life, but can turn a person into a piece of art with a blade. :)
...am a moderate brony.
...am the brother of the Stig's American Cousin.
...love Homestuck.
...believe Disney an evil plot to take over the world.
...kill Necromorphs for a living.
...am a Coke and Ginger Ale kind of guy.
...sing Baritone from A2 to F4.
...am a member of the Second Foundation.
...point and laugh at archaeologists.
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY:
...love my girlfriend Courtney with all my heart, mind and soul.

...but a name... nothing is really ever complete without a name. Some of you may be wondering, how could I know of the forum a while ago when I just came here only a month ago? The answer is fairly simple, and is within my own name: Alexander E. Alaniz, a.k.a. (back in those days where I was a total idiot) the Doctor.

Yes, yes. I am the Doctor. Please hold your hate mail until I'm at least finished, then you'd have all the time in the world to say what you please. You don't have to hold back.
Truthfully, the whole reason why I came back now (and deep down in those previous visits) was because I missed everyone here. I was a jerk, and acted aggressively where I shouldn't have and I got punished. Well deserved. But I still missed y'all. You were kind, creative and were fun people to talk with on occasion. Surely, everyone here had their ups and downs, but overall we stayed together. Now, as I come back, there is a new generation of people who I can't relate to (in exception to my own girlfriend... oh yeah, she's here too and really likes you all)

So this is most likely (still under debate) my final visit. I've said "I'm sorry" a thousand times already so I won't say it again.
  • Mara-la and Tridecagirl (both of whom I haven't seen on here at all really): Stay strong. It don't take much to see you have tremendous and wonderful futures. Deca, you did good to this place.
  • Kristina-la: I wish you luck with your school work and life. The possibilities are surely endless with you.
  • Rai: I wish you luck with your life as well. I'm happy to hear that you've found something that works for you spiritually, and don't doubt that you know what's best for you.
  • Panzer Blitz and Panzercraptastica: Don't change. You're both strong and independent people and don't let anyone put you down.
  • |Kira|: You're very cool. I really enjoyed talking with you and knowing you.

So that's really it. Goodbye. I can't say that what we went through together was always fun... but I'm really glad we went through it together.

Axios!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:27:37 AM by Commander Zero »

Eraisuithiel

Re: A Little Bit About Me (Sorta Important)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 10:51:28 AM »

You know, I'm proud of you. Honestly I had my sneaking suspicions it was you (because come on, I'm the best at sniffing out this sort of thing), but I didn't say anything because you weren't causing any problems or anything. And now, the fact that you understand and admitted where you went wrong is a really mature thing. Good luck with whatever it is you plan to do in life...

Nightwatcher

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 10:52:54 AM »

You know, I'm proud of you. Honestly I had my sneaking suspicions it was you (because come on, I'm the best at sniffing out this sort of thing), but I didn't say anything because you weren't causing any problems or anything. And now, the fact that you understand and admitted where you went wrong is a really mature thing. Good luck with whatever it is you plan to do in life...
Thank you, Rai. That truly means a lot coming from you. And I definitely couldn't fool you  ;)

Nina-Chan

• Fantastic!
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 12:31:19 PM »

No surprised there, Alexander. I am probably not the only person who realized right away. In fact, your presence here is probably the reason some people don't frequent this place as much.

I pity you, kid. Good luck getting a life (and I do mean that in a nice way)
Member since 01.06.10

Nightwatcher

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 12:32:48 PM »

No surprised there, Alexander. I am probably not the only person who realized right away. In fact, your presence here is probably the reason some people don't frequent this place as much.

I pity you, kid. Good luck getting a life (and I do mean that in a nice way)
...I appreciate your pity, but my life is just fine as it is. And, for future reference, adding on "I do mean that in a nice way" doesn't convince people that you're saying it "nicely."

P.S. I'm not a kid compared to you madam
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:22:37 PM by Commander Zero »

Mara-la

• Life is asymmetrical.
    • DigiArt12
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 03:28:58 PM »

Look, Alexander, it was never YOU I had a problem with. And I told you that. It was just the way you acted towards people every time you got on here. You got aggressive with people and offended people and frustrated people. That was what I had an issue with. But you've been back and haven't caused a problem from what I can see, and you're admitting to what you did instead of denying it like you did in the past while picking fights with me and Deca. So thank you, for apologizing. I forgive you (you know, as long as you don't revert. That's all I'm gonna say).
Member since April 24th 2010.

|ĸιrα|

• bad boyfriend, damn good babysitter
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 03:33:29 PM »

Uh. Interrupting to say AW. I FEEL SO SPECIAL THAT YOU MENTIONED ME.
Adios, bro. Good luck with everything! (:

I'm stealthy, like a ninja

Reenie-La

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 09:29:27 AM »

"I...:
...am an adamant Solar Imperialist"

This sounds interesting -- care to explain? :)

Nightwatcher

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 04:05:10 AM »

"I...:
...am an adamant Solar Imperialist"

This sounds interesting -- care to explain? :)
It's a My Little Pony reference. Among the fandom, there are four following of the Four Princesses (which in turn isn't... well MLP-friendly): Lunar Republic for Luna, Solar Empire for Celestia, Crystal Empire for Cadence and just recently the Kingdom of Twilight for... well Twilight...

...I'm a huge fan of Celestia, so I say I'm a Solar Imperialist

Reenie-La

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 04:07:45 AM »

Ooh I see :3

Nightwatcher

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 04:08:49 AM »

Yup. I have a shirt and everything that proves it  8)

Reenie-La

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 04:11:08 AM »

Niice~!
//know nothing about MLP really tho :P

holywalrus2

• Villain, I have done thy mother
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 04:18:56 AM »

Hey, I'm really glad that you're saying it straight up.  :) Send me a message sometime, I miss talking with you.
"Confused? At a loss for what to do? Wow, sounds like you're human. Good luck."

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 04:32:29 AM »

Aww :( I'm gonna miss you, Alexander. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk to you a lot, but you seem like a really cool dude and I wish you luck and happiness in your life :) Take care.
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

"God can write straight with crooked lines. We just have to let Him in."
      ~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

"Love is a losing game...one I wish I never played..."
       ~ Amy Winehouse

Nightwatcher

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 04:34:38 AM »

Nah... I'm still here basically... though work and school takes imminent priority
Pages: [1] 2