Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Ugly movie series!!!  (Read 2168 times)

ExtraGirl

Ugly movie series!!!
« on: December 05, 2013, 03:24:57 PM »

So I've been reading online about a movie being made. Is this true??? If it is then I'm super bubbly about it!!!! Love, love, LOVE this series!!!!!!

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Ugly movie series!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 03:33:16 PM »

Yep! Although it's probably not coming out for quite a while. I think the producers are waiting until after the second part of Mockingjay comes out :(
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

ExtraGirl

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 03:38:51 PM »

So sad! Wish they would hurry and release it soon loved this series and every time I read it again I find something that I didn't notice before. Sounds weird I know but its true its how I escape from reality! :)

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 03:42:21 PM »

That's totally not weird! I'm reading Harry Potter for the eleventh time and noticing things I didn't before. Uglies is truly awesome ;)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 07:14:38 PM »

Hopefully when they DO make it they'll put as much funding as they had for Catching Fire into it because CF did so well...
I want an Uglies movie and I want it done RIGHT god dammit.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

graciousserendipity

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 01:15:09 PM »

Hopefully when they DO make it they'll put as much funding as they had for Catching Fire into it because CF did so well...
I want an Uglies movie and I want it done RIGHT god dammit.
Yeah, they REALLY need to get the movie done JUST RIGHT.  This way, everyone, even non-readers and family members/friends of fans can really enjoy the movie and recommend it to others, thus getting us a bigger possibility for a Pretties movie, Specials movie, etc.

Yone

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2013, 02:25:40 AM »

I really dont understand, why it is'nt a movie jet. They could create such a amazing looking world. The partytower, the city, the flying buildings, hoverboards, the specials - all that would look so amazing, that the people cant close there mouth for astonishment.
Hollywood searchs for every idee to make movies with cool special effects, why they dont film Uglies?

But its good, that they dont show it at the same time as ,,Catching Fire" and so one, it would be perish behind the hurly-burly about that.
,,Do you understand, liberty tends to dystroy things"(Tally Youngblood)

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 02:50:18 AM »

It's not a movie yet because it takes quite a while to make a movie.

- Catvomitsky

Mistik

• Smiles make things better
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 08:38:22 AM »

It's not a movie yet because it takes quite a while to make a movie.

Yeah, they need to make sure they focus on the essential parts and know what they'll need to cut out to meet their time requirement, but I'm hoping it'll be awesome once it comes out! :D, more time to make it means they are putting a lot of thought and effort into making sure it turns out great
nature is always beutiful no matter what it faces

Straif

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 07:52:52 PM »

As long as they don't make it suck like Eragon or The Golden Compass...
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2013, 11:38:33 PM »

I didn't think those movies were THAT bad. But I still don't want Uglies to turn out mediocre, it HAS to be amazing!

Straif

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 10:20:54 AM »

Not mediocher is probably the best we can hope for in a fandom as small as ours.
Resident Halo Fanatic

graciousserendipity

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 05:47:09 AM »

The Eragon and Series of Unfortunate Events movies weren't as good as I was hoping, and so of course both series didn't have any other continuing movies.  And OMG--the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie was nothing compared to the book!  I know the book was the longest of the HP series, so it would be hard to make a movie with all the important parts, (they thought of making it into 2 parts like the 7th book, and they should have), but I had been so excited when it was in theaters (since at the time it was my fave book in the series)--and then so disappointed, with quite a few parts cut out or just not decent compared to the novel's description of them.
The Uglies movie must be really good!  Westerfeld, please make sure your producers have everything satisfying!  We fans are depending on you!  We want to have Pretties and Specials movies, too, if not also Extras!

Caboose

• Ända får känslan du har blivit lurad?
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 05:49:24 AM »

The Eragon and Series of Unfortunate Events movies weren't as good as I was hoping, and so of course both series didn't have any other continuing movies.  And OMG--the Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix movie was nothing compared to the book!  I know the book was the longest of the HP series, so it would be hard to make a movie with all the important parts, (they thought of making it into 2 parts like the 7th book, and they should have), but I had been so excited when it was in theaters (since at the time it was my fave book in the series)--and then so disappointed, with quite a few parts cut out or just not decent compared to the novel's description of them.
The Uglies movie must be really good!  Westerfeld, please make sure your producers have everything satisfying!  We fans are depending on you!  We want to have Pretties and Specials movies, too, if not also Extras!

I think that Series of Unfortunate Events was toogood for everyone. And, I must say, I also hope Uglies is a good movie.
Part-time Evil Ex, indie rocker, daughter/son of Hermes, employee at the Mystery Shack, Swedish boffin, tealblooded gamer, Member of the Blue Team, Member of team M.A.C.E, Just Dancer, cryokinetic, Country, Time Lord, dirtbag, DERPbag, and Prosecutor.

I love Young Justice too.