Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Blood of Olympus  (Read 14786 times)

FirelordAzula

• I'll show you lightning!
Blood of Olympus
« on: January 08, 2014, 12:19:56 AM »

Yeah, I know this is really early, but I figured it could be a place for predictions, wishes, and the like, as well as a place to post the cover when it comes out.

My predictions are as follows:

Most likely noble sacrifice: Frank and/or Hazel and/or Reyna. I don't WANT any of them to die, but they seem most likely.

Most likely on the cover: Percy, but I would prefer Frank and Hazel and/or Nico since they haven't appeared on any covers and Percy is such a cover hog.

I also predict that Nico won't die, but that he also won't get a very happy ending. I love the guy, but I just don't see it happening.

Agree? Disagree? Think I am a complete idiot? Reply below.
Westerforum Resident Thing-Starter!

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Blood of Olympus
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 01:36:04 AM »

Oh look, another topic.

I think that one of the Seven will die. I really, really, really, really don't want any of them to die, but I think one of them will, because of "An oath to keep with a final breath". However, they might not, because in Battle of the Labyrinth, there was "A child of Athena's final stand" and "Save (or was it "close"?) with a hero's final breath", and they figured that those meant Annabeth, but they didn't, so there's a chance that they might all live! *fingers crossed*

Maybe all of the Seven and Nico will be on the cover. Probably not, but that would be cool. I, like you, hope that Hazel, Frank, and Nico do get a chance to be on the cover. They might have a picture of the Doors of Death.

Here's a thought: What do you think the chances are that we'll get something from Nico's PoV? I mean, I'm pretty sure we ("we" as in fans of the series) were told that that would never happen, but I still want it, even if it's only one chapter.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 05:07:04 AM »

I don't think we'll get a Nice POV chapter, since he's not one of the Seven. I don't think he'll die, either, but I don't know what'll happen with him. Maybe Nico will just continue as is.

Of course, I don't want anyone to die, but I'm betting on Piper (leaning more towards Piper). Or maybe it'll be Leo. What are the consequences of breaking a River Styx oath?

I hope Leo does go back for Calypso. I don't think it'll happen, but I hope it does.
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 10:05:09 AM »

The punishment for breaking an oath on the River Styx is worse than death. I don't think anyone knows exactly what it is, though.

I want Leo to go back for Calypso for her sake, because I definitely want her to get off of Ogygia, but I don't want him to die doing it. Also, if Calypso does get off of Ogygia, she will probably hate Percy and the Olympians.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 10:06:47 AM »

I want Leo to go back for Calypso. I hope he does.

I won't say anything on who should die because there's only one person I actually wouldn't mind dying.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 10:08:34 AM »

I'm going to take a guess and say that said person is either Piper or Hazel. A lot of people seem not to like them.

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 10:19:38 AM »

I love Hazel! I don't see why people don't like her.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 10:21:18 AM »

I don't see why people don't like either of them.

- Catvomitsky

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 10:21:52 AM »

I don't get why people don't like the new characters, either. I really like them. All of them.
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »

Especially Leo. Leo is awesome.

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 11:01:25 AM »

Leo is The best.
I just really don't like Piper. She just rubs me the wrong way. I think it's because she reminds me of someone I really don't like.

FirelordAzula

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2014, 12:16:12 AM »

I wasn't saying who I WANTED to die, it was my guess on who was most likely to die. I really like all the new characters, just Hazel and Frank seem the most likely to commit a noble sacrifice or something to save the rest of them.

Team Leo forever! That should be a T-shirt.

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 01:21:04 AM »

True. But Hazel already sacrificed her life onc, it seems really unfair to make her do it again. And then there's the fact that if Frank, Percy, and Jason all live, there's three guys who have a fair claim to being praetor (Jason less so than Percy and Frank).

Heheheh, Team Leo!

- Catvomitsky

FirelordAzula

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 01:32:53 AM »

Unfair, yes. I wouldn't ask her to, but it seems to me that she might look at it as "Well, I'm dead anyway. I might as well save them." if it looked like a sacrifice was necessary. And Frank has already shown that he takes duty seriously by burning his stick to free Thanatos.

I would say that Jason really doesn't have much claim on the praetership. He gave it up, and even told Reyna. Same with Percy. I bet that the only reason either one of them regrets it is now they lack the authority to tell Octavian to shut up.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 01:38:01 AM »

But Frank can still tell Octavian to shut up ;)

- Catvomitsky
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15