Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Blood of Olympus  (Read 14788 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Blood of Olympus
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 12:05:43 PM »

But I love them all ;-;
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 12:07:33 PM »

So do I! At least most of them; others I like but I don't love. I just really appreciate drama and sadness in books. Especially Rick's books, because it always leaves an emotional impact.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 12:24:58 PM »

I know, and if one of them dies I'm sure it will be amazing story wise but I don't want any of them to die! D:
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 02:22:08 PM »

Um. I don't know. I wasn't because I knew it wouldn't be Piper.  It'll probably be Leo or Frank. So I'm sad.

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2014, 02:56:11 AM »

UM I have a problem. Idk if anyone's realized on here, but on the BoO cover, it looks like Jason is wearing and orange shirt and for some reason that just totally distresses me because I mean maybe he just doesn't have a purple shirt yet because he's been at camp.halfblood this whole time but yeah.
Also, Rick said Reyna has a chapter in this which means we might get a Nico chapter too

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2014, 08:53:58 AM »

IT IS ORANGE O.O

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2014, 08:59:12 AM »

YEAH

FirelordAzula

• I'll show you lightning!
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2014, 07:22:03 AM »

This isn't exactly related to Blood of Olympus specifically, but it's related to PJO and I couldn't find a better thread for it, so I figure I'll post it here:
I realized that in the first Great Prophecy, it talks about a half-blood of the eldest gods. But that doesn't necessarily mean one of the Big Three, does it? Why did no one worry about te children of Demeter?
I saw that too, but I eventually decided that it meant only the men, hence "gods" but not goddesses. Would have been AWESOME if some daughter of Demeter had shown up Percy though...
Westerforum Resident Thing-Starter!

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2014, 08:43:22 AM »

But the goddesses and gods have been collectively referred to as all gods before. Aphrodite called herself the eldes of the Olympian gods at one point. But whatever :P

- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2014, 08:47:54 AM »

It's okay though, we have Emily to make up for it because Imo Demeter is the coolest

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2014, 08:49:37 AM »

Influencing the lives of mortals one bowl of cereal at a time.

- Catvomitsky

FirelordAzula

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2014, 05:06:39 AM »

Okay, warning: STUPID QUESTION INCOMING!

Me and my sister were seriously arguing about this, so I wanted to hear you guys' ideas. In Mark of Athena, how big did you picture the jar Nico was stuffed into? I was thinking a very big spherical jar, with a 3.5 to 4 foot diameter. My sister thinks much smaller and cramped, very uncomfortable. Anyone have an opinion?

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2014, 05:15:52 AM »

Umm I imagined a smaller jar that was uncomfortable. Like ummm...Idk how to describe it but I'll try to find it. They're like big, decorative floor vases. Oh! Like in Hercules the guy with the ceramics store and he was carrying those big vases? I imagined something like that

FirelordAzula

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2014, 05:38:44 AM »

Ah, okay I can picture that. I wonder why I was thinking bigger...

Catvomitsky

• nothing nkight
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2014, 10:19:02 AM »

I honestly imagined it as about 3 or 4feet  in diameter, and big enough to walk around in, like how comically shrunken people look when they're put in jars in movies and stuff. But the other version makes much more sense.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15