Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Opening Song(s) for Movie  (Read 3907 times)

graciousserendipity

Opening Song(s) for Movie
« on: January 23, 2014, 03:55:37 PM »

What songs do you think the Uglies movie will open up to and be in the main 1st part, with going to and leaving NPT and finding Shay?
1. Do you think the opening song will be mysterious or creepy, since Tally is being really tricky, "illegaly" going to New Pretty Town, and hiding everywhere to get there?  Or do you think it'll be a kind of adventurous or type of "Bad Boys" (or Bad Girls ;)) song, since she shouldn't be doing this?  Note: I didn't mean/don't think the actual "Bad Boys" cop theme song should be in the movie.
2. Do you think, if the opening song is mysterious/creepy, this same one will be played again, when she is hiding in the bushes from Specials going to investigate the party and finds Shay in bushes as well?  Even if the opening song is not mysterious/creepy, do you think this scene of hiding and discovering Shay will have a song like that?

Also write any songs you actually believe will be in the opening/main 1st part, if you know the names.

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
Re: Opening Song(s) for Movie
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:35:34 PM »

It'll probably be some pop song, I'm gonna guess.
(Wish it would open to Ride of the Valkyries and the first thing Tally sees is a pair of F-35s unleashing cluster rockets on New Pretty Town)
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 02:29:19 AM »

It'll probably be some pop song, I'm gonna guess.
(Wish it would open to Ride of the Valkyries and the first thing Tally sees is a pair of F-35s unleashing cluster rockets on New Pretty Town)
That's would be awesome straif! But it's probably going to end up being some bad pop song  that's popular right now. :(
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:03:36 AM by Julia the bookworm »

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 02:55:13 AM »

Or the movie could open with a New Pretty Bash, and they could have a dance/pop song playing (and then the camera could pull back to Tally and Peris watching, or Tally could randomly burst in, or maybe the movie could start with a random scene that shows her as an Ugly and gives exposition, like her entering the dorm for the first time, or it could even start with Dr. Cable tracking Shay, kinda like a teaser scene, then cut to Tally sneaking out, etc...)

Man, I wish I was directing this movie...anyway, the opening song will most likely something from an original score. The opening song for Specials should be a bad girls/boys song, especially since the Specials have music blasting in their skintennas, it would really fit the theme. The closing song for Pretties should be Wide Awake by Katy Perry :)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 02:59:26 AM »

I think it would be cool if they started with a sort of quick montage of Tally getting ready to sneak out (including, hopefully, at least one shot of the cat-vomit sky), with a sort of energetic but...for lack of a better word, subdued music. Does that make sense?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 03:09:40 AM »

Yes, do you mean like the Order of the Phoenix music that was in the background when they were in the Room of Requirement?

(I hope they include a shot of me too, that would be icy ;) )

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 03:12:16 AM »

I don't remember the soundtrack from the Order of the Phoenix. So I don't know.

(::))
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 05:33:52 AM »

I know for DEAD sure Katy Perry will show up SOMEWHERE. I've always felt that her song Firework would be a perfect compliment to SOMETHING in the Uglies movie.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 06:06:33 AM »

When they break through the ice in Pretties!

- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 06:10:30 AM »

I know for DEAD sure Katy Perry will show up SOMEWHERE. I've always felt that her song Firework would be a perfect compliment to SOMETHING in the Uglies movie.
Me too! Either when they break through the ice or one of the party scenes.

graciousserendipity

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 03:48:32 AM »

It would be great to have her songs show up in the scenes--but now the show scenes and not movie.

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 07:31:54 AM »

I've probably said this before, but I think Ghost Town's Party in the Graveyard would be a fitting song. the lines "Will we make it though the night? I'll believe it when I see it, but I'm already blinded by the morning light." alludes to the fact that Tally will not get caught during her escape, and the lines, "We're dead, 'we're dead, we live the deadbeat live, we're dead, we're dead, every night, we're dead, we're dead, now we own the night and party in the graveyard" gives off the feeling that the Pretties aren't really living lives, they're just going through time, and not actually being anything remotely close to functional or productive. Plus it's just a good party song.

This is the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqduJcDq5oI     
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 08:57:53 AM by Luna Lovegood »

Yone

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 04:20:56 AM »

I always thought, the uglies soundtrack should be mostly consist of dark electronic musik, a bit like the soundtrack of ,,Tron: Legacy". And I think, the first scence should be a essembly of Tally sitting in Uglyville and preparing for going to New Pretty Town, Shay in the wild and Cable monitoring the city interface.
Music like [Royalty Free] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWAIbKkak4I or Stasis Mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQr7SupGX5Y would be great for that.

But ,Burn it down' from Linkin Park would be good for the opening of ,Pretties', ,Everybody wants to rule the world' from Lorde for ,Specials' and ,Dance the way I feel' from Ou est le Swimming Pool for ,Extras'
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:25:20 AM by Yone »
,,Do you understand, liberty tends to dystroy things"(Tally Youngblood)

slothicorns

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 04:01:02 PM »

Being a huge fan of the artist Banks, I thought that her songs from her first album (Goddess) would be amazing on the soundtrack. Listed below are some of her songs and the scenes I feel they would go best with:

1. Alibi- opening scene of Uglies, when Tally is going to NPT
2. Goddess- final scene of Specials, when Tally is reading the message to Shay, Peris and Maddy
3. This Is What It Feels Like- any one of the party scenes
4. Change (Dream Koala Remix)- no specific scene, but it really should be used
5. Under The Table- when Tally and Zane kiss in Specials
6. Fall Over- closing scene of Extras
7. Bedroom Wall- any one of the Zane/Tally scenes
hands to the sky, i am a dreamer.

Chairlegs

• Pet Peeves? Why would you keep a Peeve as a pet?
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 03:42:37 PM »

How about when she is crossing the river
She is making her own theme with her mouth
like Mission Impossible Theme

And when she falls into the river she stops,
gets out and continues the theme when she is in the bushes
Yolo? NO! You live every day
The correct term is YODO. You.Only.Die.Once
Make sure that never happens