Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: who wasyour favorite character besides Tally?  (Read 4288 times)

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
Re: who wasyour favorite character besides Tally?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 10:31:27 AM »

Altering people's brains is extreme. It could be worse, but still.

specialheadedtally-wa

• I'm very special.
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2014, 02:43:40 PM »

Probably my save was Shay-la. She's cool and all that. Amazing and cool, if we're going for male characters than it'd be Zane-la.
I'm very special, more special than you'd think.

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2014, 04:12:26 PM »

If you were to ask any of the Pretties, they were content and happy, the environment was stable, and in a way, the book was kind of a utopia made with mind control. Which almost makes Cable a misguided, but benevolent leader, and as she and her Specials said, "We don't want to hurt you, but we will if we have to," thus showing violence wasn't even her first method of dealing with issues, because if it was, Tally would have been eliminated in the Smoke because Cable would have dropped a bomb on it, as the nest cover ups are the ones with no witnesses.   

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 12:37:41 PM »

In a way, Tally did mess everything up. Cable had everything under control, everyone was happy, the environment wasn't being destroyed, life was good and then Tally broke the system. YOU FOOL, TALLY! But still, even if Cable was right, she was still extreme...turning a bunch of 16-year-olds into a psychotic gang of ruthless hunters is extreme, no? And Cable did attack the Smoke unnecessarily, and Diego. It was just a harmless little community, she should be glad the Smokies weren't in the city, causing trouble. And the Diego war ._. Tally basically drove her to insanity.

Reenie-La

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »

My favorite character besides Tally was Dr. Cable xD

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 10:21:26 AM »

My favorite character besides Tally was Dr. Cable xD
YEAH TEAM CABLE! *high fives*

TEAM CABLE

Reenie-La

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2014, 10:23:45 AM »

OMFG! I remember when I used go around the forum with "Team Cable" in my siggie or text xD

*high fives*

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2014, 10:28:24 AM »

I HAVE FOUND MY PEEPS! OMG.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »

Hopefully you haven't found any peeps.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2014, 12:11:30 PM »

But I would love to become a peep!

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2014, 12:18:02 PM »

A sane one, I hope.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Haley-La

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 07:06:24 AM »

I loved how Shay was all 'I don't care what people think of me' kind of attitude. And i just LOVED David. Re-reading all the scenes with him in it was completely happy-making. Made my day!

FirelordAzula

• I'll show you lightning!
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2014, 01:10:42 AM »

I quite like Shay, but biggest impression in the smallest page space goes to Croy. Am I the only one who just really likes him? And now I'm really wanting to get Shay's Story...
Westerforum Resident Thing-Starter!

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

Yone

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2014, 05:54:39 AM »

And besides, she really does have some valid points. Humanity is a cancer on the world. Sure, her methods were pretty...extreme, but I think she was right. I din't think she was necessarily the "bad guy".
If you were to ask any of the Pretties, they were content and happy, the environment was stable, and in a way, the book was kind of a utopia made with mind control. Which almost makes Cable a misguided, but benevolent leader, and as she and her Specials said, "We don't want to hurt you, but we will if we have to," thus showing violence wasn't even her first method of dealing with issues, because if it was, Tally would have been eliminated in the Smoke because Cable would have dropped a bomb on it, as the nest cover ups are the ones with no witnesses.
Yes. She was my favorite character beside Tally, evan because she is actually the good, and Tally, Shay and the Smokies are the evils. Her methodes were extreme, but absulutly necessary. She understod, that humanity would only destroy itself, if there would be no operation any more, and she did everything to stop that. She and the Specials hurt and evan kill people, but only to protect much more. The Diego War was a desperate try to stop the revolution, but it produced the oposite. And Cabel is still human, she did mistakes. She is my favority villian, still before the Borgqueen from Star Trek and Taria from the german distopia Sternensturm (please dont ask why my favurite villians are all female ;D).

But I also liked Fasto and Croy, I really dont know who more. And Aya was also likeable, and Moggel was just cute.
For the first time, I really hate Shay. But I relised, that she is a bit like my best friend, and now I like her.

P. S: Sorry for my spelling, but its late and im tired, and my english is evan not very good, if its middel of the day.
,,Do you understand, liberty tends to dystroy things"(Tally Youngblood)
Pages: 1 [2]