Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Uglies TV Show?!  (Read 6714 times)

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
Uglies TV Show?!
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:58:48 AM »

According to Scott's new blog post (or more accurately, and article linked within his new blog post), negotiations are in the final stage for and Uglies television series! What do you think? Would you prefer a movie? Will they include Extras? When do you think it'll premiere? And most importantly, AHHHHHHHHHHH OMG AN UGLIES THING FINALLYYYYYY!

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Uglies TV Show?!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 09:13:28 AM »

*screams and flails and runs about the room* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!
*calms to coherence* I want it. I want it very much. I think the movie's still on, so we get both! It'll be fun to compare and contrast between the book, TV series, and movie. I hope they include Extras. I want it to premiere as soon as they can so I can watch it with my mom. And AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! ;D
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 09:21:28 AM »

It would be interesting to see  Peeps as a TV show.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 09:30:42 AM »

Peeps would make an interesting TV show.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »

I haven't read it, but it seems like it would make an interesting tv show.

Anyway, AAAAAAAAAAH THERE'S A MOVIE AND A SHOW?! YEEEEESSSS! I was sad because I don't think there was going to be a movie, but I'm so excited that there's probably going I be both! I can't wait! Hopefully the show will be released sooner than the speculative dates for the movie.

On the other hand, I'd rather have a movie than a show. Idk, I feel like movies are more...how do I describe this? Dynamic? Cinematic? Anyway, the kind of thing Uglies would benefit from, or maybe I'm biased cuz I like movies better. But a show would give more time for the story to unfold and I'd honestly be happy with anything. Can't wait! :)

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 10:42:57 AM »

I want both. That's pretty much my whole opinion on the matter. I would be pleased with either, and both is just awesome ;D

- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 11:02:37 AM »

*insert Taco Bell girl here*

Why don't we have both? •w•

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 11:03:17 AM »

My mom brought up something that I hadn't even thought of: Live action or animated? :o

- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2014, 11:08:49 AM »

My dad said creepy-cgi pseudo-realism. Using creepy animated cgi for pretties and specials and real or semi-real animation/objects for everything else  :o

I say live action for both. and chibi shorts about Cable's life

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2014, 11:10:44 AM »

YES. Live action with Cable chibi shorts! ;D (Speaking of which, I still need to draw that Cable chibi... Aha! I've been looking for something to draw ^-^)

- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2014, 11:16:24 AM »

YES YES YES! Chibi Cable ftw! And that reminds me to post my latest dream before tonight!

Will you post it here? :)

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2014, 11:16:44 AM »

Uh...sure. Or I'll PM it to you.

- Catvomitsky

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »

Well if it worked for the Vampire Diaries...
My only question is, they only have four books. Where are they going to get the intel for it...
DEAR GOD COULD WE SEE THE OIL BUG? I'd give anything to see some overweight Texan getting obliterated by his own car as he tries to flee...just...POW!
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2014, 01:36:09 PM »

I'd honestly prefer a TV show. That way they can go much further into detail than they could with a movie.
The first three books could be their own seasons (and Extras could be a spin-off, kind of like The Legend of Korra). So like, 15-20 episodes per season, 3 seasons, 45-60 episodes all together. You can do waaaaaay more with that than 3 two-hour movies :p

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2014, 01:39:20 PM »

Like what they did with the Redwall TV series? Yeah I could see that...and TBH, if he made a movie of it, would anyone really watch it? They'd look at it and think "oh no, not another Young Adult Novel Movie..."
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic
Pages: [1] 2 3