Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Uglies-ish Quote  (Read 4338 times)

Nina-Chan

Re: Uglies-ish Quote
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 06:50:17 AM »

that is so stupid

Emma-la

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 06:51:28 AM »

I don't like guys like that.
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Nina-Chan

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 06:53:36 AM »

neither do i

Chloe-Wa

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 08:18:26 AM »

me either, its arrogant to think that all women are stupid
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. Coco Chanel
Fashions fade, style is eternal. Yves Saint Laurent

Nina-Chan

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 08:45:09 AM »

sad making :(

kjhgdhhp.

• So it's been a while huh?
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 09:21:57 AM »

Lets do a touch of editing shall we...

Um.. has anyone read mansfeild park? Austen points out something like "there is nothing a man loves more than a pretty face who knows nothing, yet is curious and wants to learn from what he has to say." This made me laugh, but I find it sadly kind of true.

|
                                                                                              |
                                                                                             \ /
                                                                                              '
 "there is nothing a man loves more than a pretty face who is curious and wants to learn from what he has to say."

There we go... much better :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bklvr!!

• oh hey
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »

breaks my heart.
Lets do a touch of editing shall we...

Um.. has anyone read mansfeild park? Austen points out something like "there is nothing a man loves more than a pretty face who knows nothing, yet is curious and wants to learn from what he has to say." This made me laugh, but I find it sadly kind of true.
                                                                                                                                                            |
                                                                                                                                                             |
                                                                                                                                                            \ /
                                                                                                                                                             '
 "there is nothing a man loves more than a pretty face who is curious and wants to learn from what he has to say."

There we go... much better :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

excuse me? ::) That was from memory, and from two years ago. ;D But I was close and that is pretty much the same message.
Cheesecake!

kjhgdhhp.

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 09:25:24 AM »

excuse me? That was from memory, and from two years ago. But I was close and that is pretty much the same message.

Lol, no... I wasn't editing the quote becasue it was wrong... (I have no idea what the quote is) I was editing because what it says is crap... but if you take out the middle it's 100% accurate :)

sorry if you thought I was correcting you lol ^_^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bklvr!!

• oh hey
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 09:31:51 AM »

lol, but that sounded more correct. hmm... that is close to right but still a little sexist. Better than before.
Cheesecake!

kjhgdhhp.

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 09:45:06 AM »

lol, but that sounded more correct. hmm... that is close to right but still a little sexist. Better than before.

Do you really think that's sexist?? Is it any more sexist than saying "there is nothing a woman loves more than a guy with a masculine body who is curious and wants to listen to what she has to say."

And you can't disagree with that quote either really can you lol =P

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bklvr!!

• oh hey
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 09:51:28 AM »

yeah but it's the image of the girl trying to please the guy by listening, doesn't he wan to hear from her? On her ideas? And masculine guys are not all attractive.

(btw, Not all that worked up about it, just like debating ;))
Cheesecake!

kjhgdhhp.

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 10:10:22 AM »

yeah but it's the image of the girl trying to please the guy by listening, doesn't he wan to hear from her? On her ideas? And masculine guys are not all attractive.

(btw, Not all that worked up about it, just like debating ;))

Yeah I remember from another topic you love debating xD

I used the word masculine because I thought it would be a cover all that everyone would find attractive, but if you dont find masculine attractive, can you describe what you do? :)

And in the first quote (after the change) "there is nothing a man loves more than a pretty face who is curious and wants to learn from what he has to say." I took this as saying a man wants a woman who is willing to try new things and learn and progress...

it doesn't have to hinder the guy from listening to her and her ideas

(right this should make more sense now lol)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:11:54 AM by kjhgdhhp. »

bklvr!!

• oh hey
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 10:15:13 AM »

lol, I like nerdy guys, computer geeks, english nerds, science addicts. And I am constantly made fun of for it.

And yes, your quote applies to most of my friends, just as the jane austen quote seems to apply to a lot of guys. But not all. So I guess the point is, stop being a slave gender roles, and that generalizing is a pain.
Cheesecake!

Nina-Chan

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 10:17:22 AM »

lol, I like nerdy guys, computer geeks, english nerds, science addicts. And I am constantly made fun of for it.

And yes, your quote applies to most of my friends, just as the jane austen quote seems to apply to a lot of guys. But not all. So I guess the point is, stop being a slave gender roles, and that generalizing is a pain.
same+music geeks

kjhgdhhp.

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 10:33:21 AM »

Completely agree, generalizing is a total pain =/

same+music geeks

And where the hell were you types of people when I was a geek?? =/ It took me 3 bloody years of hard work to transform myself into a social person =P and here I am now hearing about how people actually go for geeks... this is reality shattering =/

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3