Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: How Did You Find the Forum?  (Read 266 times)

Mara-la

• strange fruit
How Did You Find the Forum?
« on: August 13, 2020, 07:00:37 AM »

Title is pretty self-explanatory. Most of us have been here anywhere from 5-10 years, in some cases, almost 11. Obviously a lot changes in a decade (or half a decade), but yet we all still have accounts here and see this as internet home. So the question is:

How did you find the forum in the first place?
Member since April 24th 2010

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
Re: How Did You Find the Forum?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 10:28:27 AM »

From Scott's blog, which I checked faithfully every day before the forum came into existence :P

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Emma-la

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 01:28:08 PM »

I honestly think I stumbled upon it after randomly doing internet searches for info on him and his books. I'm not 100% sure bc it was so long ago
“The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
*~*RESIDENT FORUM ROLEPLAYING ADDICT*~*

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 03:11:17 PM »

I found a little advertisement for the forum in the back of Leviathan (which I'm pretty sure is how a bunch of people found this place in its heyday). Though I'd already read the Uglies series, which is still by far my favourite :p

|ĸιrα|

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 03:14:12 PM »

I found the blog while I was looking up Scott after I finished Leviathan and I saw the link to the forum and got STOKED cuz I was really into forums back then (like...8 years ago now yeesh) and then I saw it was ACTIVE so I obvs had to join

Higher, further, faster

Ghost44

• A Pharmacist
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 03:57:01 PM »

Randomly picked up Leviathan one day at the bookstore and loved it. Decided to check out Scott's website/blog and found the forum. Lurked for a little while then decided to make an account and Last Post has been mine ever since.
Death and Taxes

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 01:32:44 AM »

I found it after reading the Uglies series... I had read all four of the books and then got Bogus To Bubbly and saw somewhere on there (maybe it was on the back cover, maybe inside the book, I can't remember) that there was a website and so I went on the website and was going through it, only to see the link to a "forum" and me being sheltered and not really using the internet at that time didn't know what a forum was so I clicked on it. I saw that there were people who were active and I was nervous bc I was like oh this is one of those dangerous chat rooms that people talk about but then I was like... but it's not? It's talking about books and things and it's not a chat room, it's a forum (had to Google what a forum actually was) so then when I was at my dad's place, I joined (my laptop at home was waaaaay too slow to run it... it froze for like 5 minutes any time you went to a new page on the internet. I for sure talked about that issue on here because I had that laptop for a year still of being on the forum) and then from that point onwards I accessed the forum from my iPod, and then much later in 2010, my first smartphone (heyo iPhone 4).

kristina-la

• Be kind, be calm, be safe.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 11:15:51 AM »

lol Bogus to Bubbly.
I've been around this place for so long that my name's in that book :P

"It will never be enough! I only want to hear JaJa Ding Dong!"

Mara-la

• strange fruit
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 10:49:01 AM »

Wait what, it is?

GeeBeezy

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2020, 09:34:46 PM »

I read Leviathan, was obsessed, so I looked up Scott and eventually started reading the forum. Some of y'all seemed cool (I jk! You all did <3) and RP and the Bloodbath thread seemed fun so I crashed Songbirds and here I am!
抹茶のマーブルレアチーズケーキ

All of human history is alcohol and horses.

ジャガイモはセクシーで

and suddenly I wasnt a fish anymore I was omnipresent

Seek and ye shall find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35fBK7kCTgU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzClLu8DXlM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzcQxRr1cS