Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: If you could...  (Read 1606 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
If you could...
« on: May 03, 2014, 09:07:25 AM »

Would you get the pretty operation? What about without lesions? What about the Special operation? Would you do Radical Honesty? Would you want a hoverboard (as if that's a question ::))? Hovercam? Hovercar? Hover-anything else? Flash tattoos? Would you be a Smokie? If you lived in the Extras world, what body modifications (or lack of it) would you do? What about brain modifications?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
Re: If you could...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 09:16:09 AM »

Pretty operation - maybe. Maybe I would rebel against the values of society and want to make my own path, or maybe I would be fine with having a perfect, oblivious life. I cant really say what I would do for sure. Either way, Pretty, Smokey, or maybe even (non-cutter) Special would be fine with me.
Extras - No radical honesty (which is kinda like extreme Candor now that I think about it...hmm...). Probably an eyescreen, flash tats, and maybe minor boy mods. As for cliques, I'd probably be a Neo-Foodie :)
Hover tech - Hover everything! Although I wouldn't record my life on a hovercam, I just think they're cool.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 09:23:01 AM »

Me... I definitely wouldn't get the pretty operation either way. I might be a lesion-less special. I might get Radical Honesty. I'd have to give it more thought. HOVER EVERYTHING. I'd definitely get flash tattoos. I'd change my hair color almost constantly. In fact, I might have it cycle through colors on its own if it could to that. I'd probably change my skin to colors skin can't normally be, too, just for the fun of it. I might try to have cat ears or bunny ears at some point, but it probably wouldn't last. And I'd be too chicken to run away to the Smoke. And I'd probably be a tech-head or a Neo-Foodie or both.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 02:57:28 PM »

Lesionless pretty as well...well, minus the pretty part.
I'd keep my looks more or less the same, but I'd get all the upgrades.
Unbreakable bones and teeth, increased healing, the whole cybernetic upgrade deal. (Basically anything that hte Spartan-IIs from Halo got, I'd get, plus extras)
Oh yeah, and intrinsic weaponry too. Thats one thing Specials should have had...shotguns that extended from between their tibula and fibula.
And maybe some tech that would let me change my appearance at will.
And a hovercam too. Loaded with Lancet micro-missles and some kind of cloaking sheild. So...less like Moogle, more like Jack from Gears of War.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Eraisuithiel

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2014, 03:08:46 PM »

Being a pretty with lesions would be pretty great honestly. No real responsibilities or fears? No more insecurities or disordered thoughts, no more being unable to stop telling myself I need to change or I'm not good enough because I'll have other, less important things to worry about and I'll be happy all the time and most likely never cry again? Yeah, sign me up.

Plus hoverboards and flash tattoos, oh yeah.

Caboose

• Ända får känslan du har blivit lurad?
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 10:23:31 PM »

I agree with Rai. Life can get a little too overbearing at times. I would like to be perhaps a pretty with the lesions. Maybe also a Celtic knot flash tattoo!  I would (in the uglies world) probably get talked into joining the Cutters, which means BOOM! Special-Headed Cabbie-La for you. After the mind-rain, Tally's the last Special Special. So bye bye, Special-Headed Cabbie-La. I would maybe become a manga-head, or a techie. Or both. Hm. I would definately want a hoverboard, but if they ever made hovershoes, I would jump right in and fly away. Y'know, this would be enough character information for us to use in an Uglies RP. Just a thought.
Part-time Evil Ex, indie rocker, daughter/son of Hermes, employee at the Mystery Shack, Swedish boffin, tealblooded gamer, Member of the Blue Team, Member of team M.A.C.E, Just Dancer, cryokinetic, Country, Time Lord, dirtbag, DERPbag, and Prosecutor.

I love Young Justice too.

Straif

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 01:54:04 AM »

Well there's a couple open ones...the one Im doing with Luna is litterally just us two.
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 02:57:05 AM »

Are you accepting more people?

Straif

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 08:58:09 AM »

Hell yeah.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 08:59:34 AM »

I'll try and join then.

Straif

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 09:02:50 AM »

Go for it. Its the Uglies RP in the RP section. I should have just replied to it.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Julia The Bookworm

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 09:09:59 AM »

Ok.

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2014, 02:42:38 AM »

Hmmmm. I'd be tempted to make a few modifications, like being taller or having a less round face shape, but I wouldn't do too much. I like my appearance, for the most part.

I wouldn't let them touch my brain. No. I may be overly sensitive and way too emotional, but I don't want a bunch of surgeons messing it up. Nope. No way.
"We are not drawn to God by iron chains, but by sweet attractions and holy inspirations."
      ~ St. Francis de Sales

"God can write straight with crooked lines. We just have to let Him in."
      ~ Fr. Mike Schmitz

"Love is a losing game...one I wish I never played..."
       ~ Amy Winehouse

Caboose

• Ända får känslan du har blivit lurad?
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 08:36:46 AM »

Getting more specific!

Face Shape - Longer, with higher and more defined cheekbones. Also less babyish.

Facial Traits - Smaller and less beakish nose, longer lips, and bigger eyes (maybe I'll get those jewel clocks).

Body - Slimmer and taller. Smoother body (I don't shave) and possibly smaller breasts.

Tattooes - I'd like a flash tattoo of two twin snakes running up from the small of my back, intertwining, and then seperating to run around my arms and end at my knuckles.

Cliques (In order) - First, the Crims. Then, the Cutters. Then, the Tech Monkeys.

Part-time Evil Ex, indie rocker, daughter/son of Hermes, employee at the Mystery Shack, Swedish boffin, tealblooded gamer, Member of the Blue Team, Member of team M.A.C.E, Just Dancer, cryokinetic, Country, Time Lord, dirtbag, DERPbag, and Prosecutor.

I love Young Justice too.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 08:48:11 AM »

Getting more specific!

Face Shape - Longer, with higher and more defined cheekbones. Also less babyish.

Facial Traits - Smaller and less beakish nose, longer lips, and bigger eyes (maybe I'll get those jewel clocks).

Body - Slimmer and taller. Smoother body (I don't shave) and possibly smaller breasts.

Tattooes - I'd like a flash tattoo of two twin snakes running up from the small of my back, intertwining, and then seperating to run around my arms and end at my knuckles.

Cliques (In order) - First, the Crims. Then, the Cutters. Then, the Tech Monkeys.
So I'm not the only one! :D

- Catvomitsky
Pages: [1] 2