Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: He should start a Movie  (Read 808 times)

FantasyLover

• I'm more special than you'll ever think
He should start a Movie
« on: May 21, 2014, 12:12:44 AM »

Do any of you think he should make a Movie for the series or is it just me or even have someone make it for him just imagine how awesome it would be like in the extra possibly the weird people i'm only half way through that book but when there surfing the weird alien people thing. Then seeing what everyone would look like as a pretty. To me i think it would just amazing to have movie about this series!

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
Re: He should start a Movie
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 01:09:24 AM »

If you really wanna see what they look like, get the manga adaptation (Shay's Story and Cutters).
As for a movie, last intel we got said he'd scrapped that idea (with good reason considering how badly Divergent got shredded) and was looking into a TV mini-series instead.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 01:59:05 AM »

I think I've said this before but the TV show / mini series might actually do better  marketing wise because it won't have as much competition unlike if it were a movie.

graciousserendipity

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 03:43:49 AM »

I still would prefer a movie, but certain book-movies haven't done as good, whether due to competition or the producer/script-writer cutting things out (I was really disappointed of 5th Harry Potter movie due to all the stuff that was cut out; they thought of making it into 2 movies like the 7th book's movies, but of course they didn't). But I really just hope now for anything of Uglies (and later the other novels) to finally come out on the screen, whether big or small screen, since it has been SO LONG for anything to happen with true good info/hope.

The thing, whether in a movie, show, or comic book/manga, that is hard to do, is make the characters look "ugly" (or normal, since that's what uglies actually are), since comic characters and actors usually look really good (even if they are supposed to be just normal, since it is has been stated a few times from other manga's writers that it's hard to make your characters not look absolutely beautiful). I wonder, whether there is a "Pretties" show or movie, how different the characters will look, considering they already look good enough in the manga, as uglies.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 08:06:32 AM »

If you really wanna see what they look like, get the manga adaptation (Shay's Story and Cutters).
As for a movie, last intel we got said he'd scrapped that idea (with good reason considering how badly Divergent got shredded) and was looking into a TV mini-series instead.
We don't actually know for sure that the movie is scrapped or that it's a mini-series .-.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky