Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: About a sequel trilogy...  (Read 7122 times)

gavinfuzzy

• "I Shall Stand... ...The Rest Shall Fall"
Re: About a sequel trilogy...
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2014, 11:34:05 PM »

That blog post about the virtual reality Leviathan could come to something in the future. Maybe not of a book, but of other sorts of media that expanded the universe.

Maybe. *here's hoping*
Please hold while I create a new sig~

Check out my Deviant Art too ^_^ http://gavinlimkj.deviantart.com/

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2014, 04:37:00 AM »

I still want an extended-universe video game of it. I know its not likely but it would still be awesome. Get Sledghammer Games to do it.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »

Kay, first things first, bit less Clanker hating if you please. Despite what some people here believe, the Clankers were not actually the villains, K? Germany was. And even then it was only cause they were understandably peeved that there were people rewriting the DNA of creatures that actually had a place in nature, and leaving them with no purpose other than weapons and communication devices. Not saying that the Darwinists are "Evil" But the hyper industrial polluting the earth phase that the Clankers are going through is something that society eventually realises the implications of and tries to fix. When do you think the Darwinists are gonna stop fabricating beasties? [Spoiler alert, never, because they of course know so much better than those dull witted Clankers!].

Second, I think that a new trilogy would be quite possibly the best thing in the world ever. But I don't think scott should make it the same as the first one, what with a war and all that. What I think that the world needs is an enemy that threatens both Clankers and Darwinists, but also sets them against each other to a certain degree. The answer in my opinion?

Luddites.

Anti Darwinist and anti Clanker, but they could have covert groups in each nation trying to set one against the other, e.g. clanker group protesting against "Godless abominations" while Darwinist groups protest against the "Primitive, untrustworthy clankers [that are plotting against them of course]". Also, as they fight against all technology, this would force them to wage a clandestine war, sneaking around behind the scenes across the entire world, sabotaging a demonstration for a new, cleaner Clanker engine perhaps? Or setting a dangerous new Beastie free at its first public appearance? Or maybe even bombing a biofuel initiative between both sides? Fighting an enemy like that would require covert operatives with experience in international espionage [and multi lingual] operatives like, say, DALEK!? And they would of course need some way to get around the world quickly to respond to Luddite aggresion, say, an AIRSHIP?! And of course, they would want to present a picture of unity between Clankers and Darwinists, so maybe they would take the only Darwinist airship with Clanker engines?! And as they would be using a combination of technologies, would it really be that strange to imagine them setting up base in an apartment in Japan? The only nation to harmoniously use both technologies?

Well, that would just make my nerdy little day!  ;D

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2014, 12:22:20 PM »

That would make my nerdy day as well XD
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2014, 12:23:33 PM »

*Offers high five*

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2014, 12:26:05 PM »

*high fives*
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2014, 01:26:08 PM »

Now that sounds mad legit!
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

FirelordAzula

• I'll show you lightning!
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2014, 12:09:07 AM »

I would love to read that! Nerdy happy days for all!
Westerforum Resident Thing-Starter!

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

Thomas67

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2014, 10:51:38 AM »

They could make a series about Alek and Deryn in the Zoologist society...hopefully :)

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2014, 06:23:58 PM »

Fighting LUDDITES!  ;D

Also, WELCOME BROTHA!

Ominethious

« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2015, 05:27:17 AM »

What I think is that it COULD still be a possibility of a WW2. Probably not the same countries, and reasons. However a war non the less. Even though the economy didn't crash, and the Treaty of Versailles didn't exist, we still have people like Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and others. Possibly Hitler still gets pissed that German pride was ruined at the hands of an little boy, and forms the small Nazi group to try and rebel against Whilliam II. Possibly, he succeeds, or he fails like he did in real history. Or he cripples the German gov. and causes collapse. This could allow his successors, or himself to take power. As for the Treaty of Coexistence, treaties are often broken, or bent. Look at the Treaty of Versailles. The Removal act, and etc. What if, just what if, the Coexistence treaty is stamped out later on by a change in rulers in governments. I do not think it is a impossibility for Scott to do it. It is that he does not want the series to continue..

Ominethious

« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2015, 05:30:28 AM »

Hell, even a "Holocaust" against Darwanists, or clankers is logical! C'mon Scott, if you want to get ideas, consult with us!

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2015, 11:39:07 AM »

Ikr? Welcome btw

Ominethious

« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2015, 11:47:43 PM »

Ikr? Welcome btw

Thx, what was your opinion on the fact of a sequel?

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2015, 10:09:36 AM »

Honestly I just want more Dalek, like I said in the post before. WWII isn't an option tho. Scott has confirmed that it doesn't happen in his universe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4