Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Leviathan: Pick Your Cast  (Read 6257 times)

Areias

• "For you, a thousand times over."
Leviathan: Pick Your Cast
« on: June 01, 2014, 11:09:29 PM »

If there were to be a Leviathan movie in the works right now, who would everyone's dream cast be? This is barring easily-remedied things like hair color or eye color.

Alek: Liam James; Logan Lerman or Daniel Radcliffe are possible but both a little old

Deryn: Sophie Turner, I think she could do it because she's a completely different person from Sansa irl, so perhaps she can get down Deryn's chipper and swashbuckling attitude... Maisie Williams or Chloe Moretz if they were taller

Dr. Barlow: Cate Blanchett; I'd definitely pick Sigourney Weaver if she were younger!

Volger: Benedict Cumberbatch or Michael Fassbender

Jaspert: Andrew Garfield or Jamie Bell

Newkirk: Will Poulter, maybe Callan McAuliffe

Lilit: Saoirse Ronan or Dakota Fanning

Klopp: Sam Elliott
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:21:49 AM by Areias »

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
Re: Leviathan: Pick Your Cast
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 12:37:29 AM »

honestly I can't imagine Dr Barlow being played by Jennifer Lawrence and the same with Alek and Daniel Radcliffe, they just don't fit.

Areias

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 01:39:29 AM »

Jennifer has got the aptitude and skill for it, though, judging from what I've seen of her. And I based Radcliffe on his height and his performance around the 5th or so film, but yeah he's a flimsy match at best. Not enough gravity.

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 05:11:31 AM »

NO NO NO NO. No way in HELL Jen Law is Dr. Barlow. There's only one girl who could be her, and that's that chick from the Sherlock Holmes movies (the ones with RDJ and Jude Law).

Besides, lets all admit the truth here; Leviathan is a series we simply cannot find actors for and it is therefore one that should be handled as a fully CGI/anime film with voice actors.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 05:13:08 AM »

Animated Leviathan would truly be awesome :)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Areias

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 05:20:39 AM »

NO NO NO NO. No way in HELL Jen Law is Dr. Barlow. There's only one girl who could be her, and that's that chick from the Sherlock Holmes movies (the ones with RDJ and Jude Law).

Besides, lets all admit the truth here; Leviathan is a series we simply cannot find actors for and it is therefore one that should be handled as a fully CGI/anime film with voice actors.

Calm down, it's only my opinion on casting. And Rachel McAdams, who played Irene Adler in Sherlock Holmes, is a bit too gushy and flirty for Dr. Barlow. She stars in mostly romantic comedies after all.

And I disagree. We can find actors for anything. There's talent out there, just up to directors to make the match. Not saying I'm against CGI Levi, if anyone were to fund it, though.

I guess I shall redact JLaw if that choice gets to people lol

Straif

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 05:23:53 AM »

My reasonings for her is the same reason you're against Rachel McAdams. Also, if we have ANOTHER teen book movie with JLaw in it people are going to run from it in droves thinking its a Hunger Games clone.
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Areias

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 05:32:57 AM »

I suppose it's true, because I avoid anything with Robert Pattinson in it.

Straif

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 05:36:30 AM »

There you go.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Kernul

• Clankers will rule the world!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 10:00:03 AM »

Wow! I have to create a list of ALL the character of Leviathan and then give to each one an actor. It will take me all my time! XD But I'll do it! U_U

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 03:45:20 PM »

A- The sherlock holmes chick would be a perfect Barlow as long as she was reserved enough [she already looks sensational in a bowler]
B- Jlaw would make one hell of a deryn.
C- Also, I wholeheartedly support benedict cumberbatch being in anything for any reason ever.
D- Get the steamboy production team, sign up Kieth Thompson,Yuumei from Deviantart and Greame Base as the artists and that would quite possibly be the best anime ever.

Hiss.

Areias

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 04:50:43 PM »

I still don't think Rachel McAdams would be a good Barlow, even if she were reserved. I dunno, it just doesn't feel like she could pull it off. On the other hand, Lawrence is too old to play Deryn, but no good child actresses (who are tall enough) come to mind. But hey, if we can live with a very short Harry then we can forgive a similar deviation of a short Deryn, as long as she's good.

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »

Come to think of it, that girl from Hugo might be able to pull deryn off.

Hiss.

Areias

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2014, 05:15:33 PM »

That would be Chloe Moretz. She's already listed as a choice in my original pick (she's taller than Maisie, but still short).

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:11 PM »

I really only like Benedict Bumberbatch when he's evil tho, and he's too young to play the Count . . .
Pages: [1] 2 3