Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Extras Discussion :D  (Read 1749 times)

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Extras Discussion :D
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 11:15:39 AM »

Why does Cable being possible to take out mean that she's wrong?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 11:20:48 AM »

Not take out, out-thought. Her theories about the situation are wrong because she's looking through the same blinders everyone else around her is.
He who ignores history (as it seems everyone in the Uglies universe does) is doomed to repeate it.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 11:22:27 AM »

She wasn't ignoring history, she was realizing that people thinking on their own mess everything up, so she stopped people from thinking on their own.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Straif

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »

And that caused problems anyway. If she'd bothered to look deeper she'd realized every other attempt at that had failed.
Tally saw to it in her case...(though Cable certianly helped, making the Specials so damn useless...I mean, really, what the hell. They're like Spartans except SHIT. They got stopped by friggin' SHOCK ARROWS.)
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 12:22:14 PM »

But in the context of their world, the Specials are far from useless.

Cable didnt ignore history! She realized that human nature is doomed to repeat itself, and tried something that she thought would stop the wars of the past from becoming the future. Maybe she failed, but just because everyone else before her also failed isn't any reason not to try. If everyone took that attitude, where would we be now?

Straif

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 12:34:30 PM »

They got taken out by shock arrows like I said. If they can't even deal with the targets they're supposed to find, they're useless.
Resident Halo Fanatic

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 12:39:53 PM »

Because their only merit is being able to take out people?

According to that, almost everyone in any fictional or real universe is useless.

Noelle-wa

• Stay icy my friends.
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2014, 08:03:44 AM »

To the original post, I  agree! That's interesting. It's still not my favorite in the series, but I remember thinking somewhere along the same lines;
how people valued face rank and spent so much time on their "feed"... If you think about it, it's probably the society most accurate to where we are heading today...
(sort of Brave New World-y) O.O
~Noelle~ :D

"The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant"
-The one and only, Doctor

"Are you a fan of delicious flavor?"
YES. YES I AM.
Pages: 1 [2]