Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SPOILER THREAD  (Read 2183 times)

kristina-la

• through your strength all my fears will fade away
    • tumblr
SPOILER THREAD
« on: October 06, 2014, 03:35:34 PM »

DON"T LOOK AT THIS IF YOU HAVN'T FINISHED!! I TAKR NO RESPONSIBILIY FOR SPOILING IT FOR YOU!

SOOOOOO, for those who have read it.....thoughts!? Surprises!? :D

FirelordAzula

• I'll show you lightning!
Re: SPOILER THREAD
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 04:54:45 AM »

I have finished it!!!! I even managed to make it last three days, so I'm quite proud of myself. My thoughts, in no order:

-Nisha reminds me a LOT of Dess, which is kinda awesome.
-I absolutely loved it when Darcy was talking with Imogen about stuff that ended up being edited out. It was just funny seeing how it could have gone.
-Am I the only one who was taken aback by the level of swearing in it? Scott just hasn't done that much before, so it felt odd.
-Haha, Holly Black! I can't believe she actually did the trunk research!
-I felt like such a Scott-obsessed fangirl when I started laughing out loud to the Katelyn comment.

And, I guess that's all. What did you all think?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:58:04 AM by FirelordAzula »
Westerforum Resident Thing-Starter!

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

Don't make me hungry. You wouldn't like me when I'm hungry.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 03:07:45 PM »

- I really liked Nisha. And now that you mention it, she is sort of like Dess.
- I loved those parts too. And this now the first and probably last book that ever made me hope that a main character died at the end even though I like him ::)
- I liked the swearing. It seemed a little more realistic to me. Like Darcy was trying to be grown-up even though she wasn't sure she was? I don't know if that makes sense.
- WHY AGENT REYES!? ;-;
- ...the b is next to the h :(
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

kristina-la

• through your strength all my fears will fade away
    • tumblr
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 03:37:51 PM »

:( Reyes. that was upsetting but I saw it coming the moment she popped up at the death cult thing. I was like oh shoot. he's a gonner.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 03:47:36 PM »

But he was my second favorite character in Afterworlds-within-Afterworlds after Mindy :(
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 01:49:43 AM »

I really like Mindy. She's So cute!!

I'm still confused by the trunk scene, Darcy said they were using rental car.

Most rental car companies require that the renter has to be at least 25 years old in order to rent a car in their name, Darcy's fake ID only says she's 23 and Imogen is only 23.
 So, how were they able to rent the car?

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 01:30:50 PM »

Maybe it was a rental company that let them rent younger?

- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 09:13:47 AM »

I finished it last night!

-Nisha definitely reminded me of someone, but I didn't realize that that person was Dess until I read this thread. I love her, and she even reminds me of myself in some ways.
-The math on fire quote is one of my favorite out of many amazing quotes in the book
-I mentioned this on the OMR thread but I didn't elaborate: I got the feeling that Darcy and Imogen would be together from the very start, but when it actually happened I totally didn't see it coming! But I'm so glad that Scott decided to make them a couple! :D
-Agent Reyes ;-;
-I loved Darcy's ending to Afterworlds. It was, as Kiralee (every time I read her name I thought of our Kira) said, "suitably gritty".

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 09:28:26 AM »

#mymathisyourgod
XD

- Catvomitsky

FirelordAzula

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2014, 05:20:18 AM »

No idea on the car renting thing. Most likely just an error on Scott's part.

Agent Reyes was sad, but I was actually quite upset when Mindy was completely changed. It really seemed to be saying "Maybe ghosts aren't actually real people", and I really liked Mindy! I'm glad that she's happy, don't get me wrong, but it just seemed sad too.

I have a feeling that #mymathisyourgod will end up on someone's signature on this forum.

Wielder of the Staff of Sanity Transfer, Official Peep of the Bloodbath, Watcher of Too Much Anime and Buffy, Lord of the Fire Nation, Amateur Player of Banjo, Book-Obsessed Teenager~yep, that's me.

Julia The Bookworm

• There are choices in life, and I take some of them
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2014, 09:43:55 AM »

Yeah, what happened to Mindy upset me and I saw Agent Reyes' death coming.

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 01:38:07 AM »

Agent Reyes was sad, but I was actually quite upset when Mindy was completely changed. It really seemed to be saying "Maybe ghosts aren't actually real people", and I really liked Mindy! I'm glad that she's happy, don't get me wrong, but it just seemed sad too.

I have a feeling that #mymathisyourgod will end up on someone's signature on this forum.
The Mindy thing upset me as well, but I think that was the point.

And it could end up as someone's personal text... ::)

Nisha should write a fanfiction for Afterwolrds called Mathterworlds where the protag falls in love with a math god XP
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:43:24 AM by Catvomitsky »

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2014, 01:41:11 AM »

BUT WHAT IF THE GHOSTS REALLY AREN'T PEOPLE!?  I want them to be people. I love Mindy. But what if they really are just the memories of other people? Would Lizzie's mom's memory of Mindy even be able to remember Lizzie if living Mindy never met her?

- Catvomitsky

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 01:44:38 AM »

They are real people, they just depend on other's memories to exist. But that doesn't mean that they don't have feelings and emotions an all the other real people things.

FirelordAzula

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 12:57:51 AM »

The Mindy thing upset me as well, but I think that was the point.

And it could end up as someone's personal text... ::)

Nisha should write a fanfiction for Afterwolrds called Mathterworlds where the protag falls in love with a math god XP
I would read that!

Pages: [1] 2