Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 143

Author Topic: The Darkest Minds reboot  (Read 49692 times)

Lexa-Wa

The Darkest Minds reboot
« on: December 30, 2014, 03:29:01 PM »

Backgroud
In America children where dying from and un-none sickness. But soon it was called IAAN. Kids where dying everywhere. But after most of them where gone the ones that where left weren't quite the same. They had abilities that the government didn't understand. So in order to "cure" them they sent them to camps. The parents thought that these camps would help them. But they were just there to hold them in. With everything in ciaos the economy collapsed and many cities went to ruins and the government had been corrupt and the country was split up. Kids either avoid the great round up or escaped the camps. People are out there hunting these kids for money, for power, or out of plain fear of not knowing what the kids would or could do.

Story
We are teens that had escaped or never went into camps and are now on the run. There are 3 different groups after them. Skip tracers are bounty hunters looking for extra money. PSFs are the soilders that worked for the government that worked in camps. And then the children's league which is a group trying to use the teens for their powers. We can't be caught by them.

Alternate Story
You are a Skip tracer, PSF, or part of the children's league. You will stop for nothing to get any kids that you come across. Either for money, a promotion or to train them as a weapon against the government.

Colours
In the camps everyone got a color according to the abilities they had
Orange- They can read minds and control people
Red- They can control fire
Yellow- They can control electricity
Blue- Can control objects
Green- Photographic memory and very good with codes and problems.

How many colours
Orange-2
Red-2
Yellow-3
Blue- no limit
Green- no limit
There are restrictions on the colours because there were killings

This is a reboot from a previous RP but we are starting totally over. The few of us that were part of the original are just moving our charries over.

Feel free to join. We want more people!!

Charrie:
Name:
Color:
Been in Camp?:
When were they put in camp:
Looks:
Personality:
Background:
Skills with powers:
Other:

Baddie charrie:
Name:
Type of baddie:
Reason for being a baddie:
Background:
Personality:
looks:
Other:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 02:45:00 PM by Lexa-wa »
All I need is my cats.

Lexa-Wa

Re: The Darkest Minds reboot
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 03:42:42 PM »

Name: Tris Goodland
Colour: Orange
Been in camp: Yes
Age in camp: 15
Background: Her parents put her in the camp near her town in North Carolina when she completely scrambled a guys brain. Before that she was in hiding but her parents freaked out about what their freak daughter did. She was taggedas an orange and sent away to be killed. On her way there one of the other oranges that had better control of his powers made the diver flip the car and she went on the run. She had been picked up by the children's league but refused to help them. They kept her around for a year then made her leave when they relized that they couldn't change her mind. Ever since then she's been on the run trying avoid the Skip Tracers, PSFs and children's league. She isn't in full control of her powers and terrified of using them when if her life isn't in danger.
Personality: Strong willed and outgoing Protective with a temper. She hares the Children league and will hurt them if they try anything. She also holds things in and will probably explode someday
Looks: Light brown hair down to the small of her back. Big dark green eyes. 5'7". big ligs round face wioth lots of freckles. Has hard eyes but can get soft if you know here well enough. Holds herself proudly.
Other: It's a surprise.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 04:29:25 PM by Lexa-wa »
All I need is my cats.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 03:45:22 PM »

Can I just put up my card? And i might bring Gavin back, but he probably wouldn't come in until later again

I'm like the cool, ninja sharpshooter!

BlueberryDoughnut

• Knife Wife, Keeper of the Holy Bun
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 03:48:25 PM »

Can I put up my card, too?
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

Lexa-Wa

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2014, 03:49:31 PM »

Yea. Do it.
All I need is my cats.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2014, 03:58:58 PM »

Me too?
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2014, 04:00:38 PM »

Annnd now I'm switching around his card because I never reposted it and don't remember what his backstory had originally been.

Name: Scott Nixon, goes by Scotty
Color: Orange
Been in Camp?: No
When were they put in camp: N/A
Looks: Dark, shaggy brown hair that falls into baby blue eyes. Fair skinned and tall, nearly 6'0. He has softer features, and typically wears jeans, a hoodie, and sneakers.
Personality: He's a quiet sort of leader and keeps a level head in almost all situations. He's a hopeless optimist and will always, always try to see the best in people. He can often be too trusting and that's landed him in trouble.
Background: When IAAN broke out, his family was incredibly lucky to have not lost any children. The day the PSF's started rounding kids up in their town, however, his parents had kept him home sick and his older and younger brother had gone. They were both taken away and his parents put him into hiding. Scared that he'd get them in trouble or worse, he ran off and has been on the run ever since. He realized his abilites when some Skip Tracers tried to catch him and, since they didn't know what he was yet, he was able to get away by making them go completely insane. Terrified of himself, he had stopped using them.
Skills with powers: He can't control them well at all since he never really tried to use them.
Other: He believes his two brothers are dead and has no desire to go back to his parents.

Name: Gavin Nixon
Color: Yellow
Been in Camp?: Yep
When were they put in camp: 2 years ago
Looks: lighter hair than Scotty's, and he keeps it cut short. His features are a lot stronger than his brother's, and he's a bit more athletically built. He has hazel eyes, and is about 6'0 as well.
Personality: He's kind of an angry dill weed most of the time, unless you earn his trust. Then he's a slightly less angry dillweed.
Background: Same as Scotty's, except he went to school that day and was sent to camp. He broke out, but their youngest brother, Nick, went missing.
Skills with powers: 9.5-10
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:24:21 PM by |ĸιrα| »

Lexa-Wa

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »

Of course Panz
All I need is my cats.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 04:06:15 PM »

Name: Maria Smith
Color: green
Been in Camp?: no
Looks: Very curly brown hair to the middle of her back, brown-green eyes, small fir her age, somewhat tanned skin and a round face.
Personality: She's not exactly the trusting type, but once someone does gain her trust she's very loyal to them. She's able to be brave if she has to, but isn't the type of person to rush into danger.
Background: She had an older brother and a younger sister. Both died. She was left in the street and has been fending on her own for several months.
Skills with powers: 1
Other: Don't think so :P
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »

Name: Corinne Stone
Color: Blue
Been in Camp?: Yes
When were they put in camp: She was ten when she was taken away and put in camp.
Looks: Corinne has dark brown hair cut into a choppy bob at her chin, and her eyes are an unusual dark blue. She's around 5'6" and is unhealthily underweight. However, it's not too obvious due to the plain, baggy clothes she usually wears.
Personality: She's very distrustful of strangers, but her loyalty to her friends is unwavering. Despite her paranoia, though, Corinne is actually a caring person who doesn't like to see others suffer.
Background: Corinne was the only child of her family, and her parents bought completely into the government's propaganda. They sent her to camp when she began developing her telekinesis, truly fearing for her life. When she was thirteen, there was a rebellion within her camp, and she and several other kids escaped. However, they didn't stick together, so Corinne has been on her own for three years.
Skills with powers: She's nowhere near the best, but she has a fair amount of control over her powers.
Other: She always carries a photo of herself and her parents with her.

Name: Isaac Mestanza
Color: Green
Been in Camp?: No.
Looks: Isaac has warm tan skin and very dark, almost black, curly hair. His eyes are dark brown; he's almost, but not quite, six feet tall; and is surprisingly muscular.
Personality: He's confident and sure of himself, but he does struggle to make decisions. Isaac has a friendly temperament about him and is easy-going and compassionate. It's difficult for him to be as callous and distant as he sometimes needs to be to take care of himself.
Background: Isaac was born to a teenage mother who put him up for adoption, as she couldn't take care of him. So he was adopted into a big family, two parents and four other children, and grew up relatively comfortably. But with IAAN came tragedy, as two of his sisters died, and he and his remaining siblings were almost taken away. Isaac's parents managed to keep the three children hidden from the government for a short time, but after an extremely close call, Isaac and his siblings decided to run away. They got separated while escaping from a skip tracer, and Isaac hasn't seen them since.
Skills with powers: He's a natural, but only slightly better than average with his skills.
Other: He's deaf, but knows sign language and is very good at reading lips.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:50:32 PM by BlueberryDoughnut »
t-tell youw boyfwend if he says he's got beef
that i'm a vegetawian and i ain't f*cking scawed of him
she wants to touch me uwu
she wants to love me uwu
she'll neve leave me uwu, uwu, owo

Lexa-Wa

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 04:29:51 PM »

Im so excited
All I need is my cats.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 04:38:03 PM »

Me too omgomgomg

Lexa-Wa

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 04:42:56 PM »

This is literally one of my favorite RPs.
All I need is my cats.

|ĸιrα|

• Razzle Dazzle Time!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 04:47:56 PM »

Mine too omg. I think about it all the time

BlueberryDoughnut

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 04:50:38 PM »

I'm glad we're rebooting this (: