Scott Westerfeld Forum

Author Topic: Is "The Uglies" going to have a film adaptation?  (Read 4310 times)

___emily____

• Fangirl. Writer. Loner. But fly AF.
Is "The Uglies" going to have a film adaptation?
« on: December 30, 2014, 07:08:07 PM »

So, I love the Uglies. It's so compelling and I've fallen in love with the series! But is Westerfield planning on making a film adaptation of this series... I really want him to. It would be a great movie series like Divergent or The Maze Runner, etc.  ;D ;D
~I love the Hunger Games, the Uglies (my favorite dystopia, haha), Divergent, and more.~~
xx Team David

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
Re: Is "The Uglies" going to have a film adaptation?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:24:03 AM »

There was talk of it a while ago, but I don't think there's been any recent news :P
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 03:12:24 PM »

Considering the movie vomit thats happening right now, if it did come out no one would notice it squashed between Maze Runner and Hunger Games.
If they took the main storyline and ramped it up so much it would attract the American Sniper crowd it MIGHT have a chance but then it wouldn't be Uglies anymore, it'd more likely be the result of The Argo and I getting together over beers and hashing out the storyline again.
Lots of explosions. And death. And blood.
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 03:17:06 PM »

If the movie did happen, it probably wouldn't come out until THG was over and at least the second Maze a runner movie has been released, considering it isn't even in pre-production yet.

Straif

• Westerforum's Resident Fabricated Human
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 03:36:23 PM »

Lets hope so...we saw what happened to The Golden Compass when it went against Twilight
Sergeant Marasco, First Squad, Darwin's Fist
Crusher of Clankers, Defender of Darwinism
President For Life and Almighty Darwinist-Tractionist Monarch of the Ballard High Book Club
Resident Halo Fanatic

Luna Lovegood

• Westerforum's Resident David Hater
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 11:44:23 AM »

So, I learned how to write film scripts last semester, and I hate to say it, but if they turned the book into a movie, they'd have to change things from the very first scene to make them more dramatic to instead man Vs. Society, from the get go. Sneaking out of an unguarded room, just doesn't really seem all that impressive. 

brightheart

• Aime lire, écouter de la musique, jouer du piano..
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 06:44:44 AM »

It would be a great movie series like Divergent or The Maze Runner, etc.  ;D ;D

I really hope that if there is to be a film adaptation, it will not be in the line of Divergent >:(
"Happiness only real when shared" Chistopher McCandless