Scott Westerfeld Forum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 129

Author Topic: Punch ups and punch lines and shipping [oh my]  (Read 31034 times)

Gentlebiscuit

Re: Journey to the East: Exalted Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 01:25:16 PM »

Excellent choice my dear Cabbie, however might I reccomend that you pick a second one? You can have two options at a time and if you pick another you have a better chance of it being voted for.

I'm not one of those insecure people who needs to do things right at all ever to not feel like a piece of shit. Honest.

GreyCaboose

• lIKE ZOINKS SCOOB
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 01:27:22 PM »

Hm....my lucky number is 2, and though it's not always the wisest to rely on luck, I shall play a 2 as well as my first choice of 3.
pull the trigger, piglet,

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 01:28:46 PM »

Okay then! The two current votes are for bow and barehands or staff and sword. We could really use a tie breaker, imma go pester Cat.

I'm not one of those insecure people who needs to do things right at all ever to not feel like a piece of shit. Honest.

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 01:30:07 PM »

You called?

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 01:31:57 PM »

Could you pwease bweak the tie we have here? Our votes for weapons are fists and bow or sword and bo staff.

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 01:34:37 PM »

Hmmmm...imma go with 3.

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 01:36:10 PM »

[You kinda need to pick two, do you mean you're going with Kaiju's choice? Or how about a compromise? Bo staff and fists? That would be great for defense and supernatural martial arts!]

Ceres

• Orangé Tong
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 01:40:04 PM »

I assumed I needed to pick either 2 or 3 to break the tie. If I'd get two choices then I'd go with 3 and 1....so yeah, Bo staff and fists sound good :)

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 01:49:34 PM »

Your weapons of choice are the bo staff and the body. Unfortunately, most staffs break if you put even a fraction of your full strength behind them, until of course you received your first artifact weapon*; an ironwood staff about a meter and a half long. After training your body and mind to full readiness your mentors decided that you were finally ready to learn your first supernatural martial art, the only difficulty lay in choosing just one.
In the end, you decided to choose-?
[Btw, in case you haven't noticed, you're an earth aspect exalted, meaning that your natural talents lie in Awareness, Crafts, Endurance, Martial Arts and Resistance]

1: Ill lily style; a wood aspect martial art based around poisoning enemies. Favored among assassins and hunters. Can not be performed while wearing heavy armor.
2: Jade mountain style; the most common earth aspect martial art. Focused on high defense and high single target damage, favored among wrestlers and duelists. Can be performed while wearing heavy armor.

*Artifact weapons are magical weapons that can be attuned to, attunement makes an object part of your soul, negating its gravitational weight but keeping its inertia. This is what allows the exalted to use weapons many times larger than themselves. Attunement usually only takes about a half hours meditation while in contact with the weapon. Ironwood is one of the lesser magical materials, it is as the name implies, wood with the resilience of metal. Your staff lets you deal one extra point of bashing damage and allows you to parry lethal damage. But more on that later.

Panzercrappitastica

• Westerforum Resident Exalt
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 02:10:39 PM »

One. Because I'm still following my normal RPG pattern.
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

Pan the Imperial Bucket Holder

"Early to bed, early to rise, early to plan the world's demise"
- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 02:11:47 PM »

What's your normal rpg pattern?  :P

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 02:13:24 PM »

I go for elemental magic if it's there and non-elemental magic if it's not, along with finesse-type stuff :P Mostly because I think it looks cooler ::)
Purple-handed peep Volger with a flash tattoo hoverboarding around the Lynx in the blue hour with adreneline coursing through his penguins while failing to own the sunset! In a hoop skirt.

- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2015, 02:17:53 PM »

Lol, okay then. Just remember; all supernatural martial arts involve magic. Ill lily is wood style poison magic. Its basic ability allows you to run poison through any wooden surface [e.g. bo staff, arrows, wooden floor, an enemies spear] although it is a little on the flimsy side. Its pretty good at attacking crowds of weaker opponents, like mortals.
Jade mountain is based around basically acting like a mountain. At higher levels you can turn your skin into marble, perform suplexes designed to kill gods, transfer wounds from yourself to the earth etc. However while it is designed to kill superhuman opponents its really only designed to kill one at a time.

Panzercrappitastica

« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2015, 02:19:18 PM »

Oooh, cool :D And I did get that they were both magic.

- Catvomitsky

Gentlebiscuit

« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2015, 02:27:58 PM »

Oh, and lastly, you will be able to learn the other one at a later date. OOH! OR, HOW ABOUT YOU HAVE ONE FOR THE BO STAFF SINCE ITS MADE OF WOOD AND ILL LILLY USES WOOD AND ONE FOR BARE HANDS CAUSE JADE MOUNTAIN USES BARE HANDS I SO CLEVER :3

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 129